[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the Motox?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: moto-x-pure-edition-9.jpg (142 KB, 888x799) Image search: [Google]
moto-x-pure-edition-9.jpg
142 KB, 888x799
Thoughts on the Motox?
>>
>Moto X Play
good enough specs
good enough screen
amazing battery life

>Moto X Style/Pure
'muh top specs'
'muh ebin infinity gorrillion ppi screen'
3 hour battery life
>>
>>51792558
???? Source?????
>>
>>51792558
Also forgot
>pos snapdragon 615 that lags worse than touchjizz
>>
File: 01.png (410 KB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
01.png
410 KB, 2160x3840
>>51792580
http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX/
And other reviews and other people's experiences.

Also, pic related is my Moto X Play battery use. I kept the screen as bright as was tolerable the whole time. I was just trying to see how much is in the tank.

>>51792671
This might be an issue for really anal people or people who play console games on their phone. For normal people like me, who use it for web browsing, messaging, podcasts, radio, music, emails, Youtube and viewing basic docs, it's absolutely fine. You've got to be a complete autist divorced from the real world to be triggered by an extra millisecond or two between switching apps. Scrolling is fine on long webpages as well. I was worried about 2GB RAM not being enough before I got it, but it really hasn't been an issue. A handful of apps including Opera with lots of tabs stay in memory before any reloads occur.
>>
>>51792558
Is the battery really this bad on the Pure?
>>
>>51792956
I haven't used it, but it makes sense

>almost double the pixels of the Play
>smaller battery
>more power hungry chip
>>
I like mine, but typically have enough access to an outlet and/or carry enough a portable battery charger. Quickcharge in particular is amazing for making the admittedly average/small battery not a big issue.

Updated to marshmallow yesterday, which is nice.

Really comes down to what you use it for, my usage of my smartphone is moderately heavy and I think if you're really a heavy user of the screen for hours on end the battery is going to be more of an issue.
>>
I-is it better than the one plus two?
>>
>>51793276
>No NFC
>No SD slot

Do these features matter to you?

Do you believe that Oneplus actually fixed the Snapdragon issues?

If the answers are no and yes respectively, get a OP2

Otherwise consider the Moto.
>>
>>51793087
>tfw still no marshmallow on mine
yeah the quick charging is pretty great. still wish it had a better battery but for $400 I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
I don't use NFC to begin with, but I feel as if.its gunna get real popular soon...

Is there a "budget" phone with NFC and no ass battery?
>>
>>51793470
If you live in the states and the functionality of Android Pay takes off, Android Pay will be big.
>>
File: 2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>51792558
> amerikeks will NEVER EVER get the moto x play because it got assimilated by the verizon exclusive device borg
>>
>>51793605
pretty sure they will get it eventually...
>>
>>51793488
No it won't. NFC payments will not be the primary form of money exchange for decades.
>>
>>51793605
>America then
broke free from the shackles of the British Empire
founded the world's first country built on the rights of man
settled an entire continent, became an economic superpower through sheer grit, saved the world twice

>America now
has lardy cheeks heaved apart to get fucked in the arsehole by phone networks and internet providers

top, top kek
>>
>>51793711
Depends on what google makes the benefit for the consumer.

Optimizing benefits to charge the correct card automatically alone would be huge for certain consumers.
>>
>>51793470
>I don't use NFC to begin with, but I feel as if.its gunna get real popular soon...
>Is there a "budget" phone with NFC and no ass battery?
Okay, my question still stands. Because I'm sure it's gunna get popular
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.