[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly was it about both Windows XP & 7 that made them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Windows.png (75 KB, 327x201) Image search: [Google]
Windows.png
75 KB, 327x201
What exactly was it about both Windows XP & 7 that made them so much more well liked by users in comparison to Windows 8 & 10?
>>
>>51790393
actual, useful improvements and not a lot of bullshit
going from xp to 7, you got proper 64bit support, better drivers, better start menu (including the search function) etc.
things that actually made the OS more enjoyable
>>
>>51790393
Ibl don't mind windows 10.
>>
No frills. Just improvements.

People dont like experimental stuff. Especially when it's implementation is half baked like in Windows 8. In Windows 10 Microsoft gives all users constantly experimental software. Add the privacy issues and people truly dispise it.
>>
>>51790393
When every new windows version comes out there are hipsters that always claim that the past operating system was better.

When XP first came out people were going apeshit over how it broke compatibility with Win98SE how their printers, and other equipment had no drivers, how their old soundblasters copies didn't work how their DOS shit didn't work etc. How NTFS broke compatibility with their FAT/FAT32shit.

When Win7 came out it was the same shit, how their drivers didn't work, how x64 broke compatibility etc. Though in the case of 7 it had Vista's lackluster years of driver development so it wasn't as bad but still a lot of people were screaming how XP was supposedly lighter, faster, use less ram, how they wouldn't move to 7 etc. A whole bunch of annoying faggots brought in brand new Windows 7 laptops and wanting it downgraded to windows XP when XP simply wasn't supported, whether it be chipset or lack of drivers. Hell there are still a lot of old computers still on XP as people still bring them in from time to time. Also annoying fucks still formatting drives as FAT32.

In time people will move on Win10, or move away from windows. Aside from OS/X I can't really see anything else taking much of the consumer market share for PCs, mobile OS need not apply.

inB4 OMFG STEAMOS! YEAR OF THE LINUX! blah blah blah etc.
>>
I don't remember Windows 7 telling me that I couldn't move a file because it was being used by a program, when I haven't even opened the file yet.
>>
a bad OS released after them

windows vista wasn't that liked at first, so everyone circlejerked over xp even though it was inferior

then windows 7 came out and no one liked it at first, so everyone was saying vista was better and those xp fags were like "muh xp"

then windows 8 came out and everyone said that windows 7 was alright and in fact, it was the best OS, then windows 10 came out and everyone liked windows 8 because muh freedumbs*
now let's wait for the next OS and people will soon like windows 10

*Not actual freedumbs, but even normies have their limits
>>
>>51790393
XP wasn't very well liked when it launced, senpai
>>
>>51790704
It was the most liked OS after 98/SE.
>>
>>51790847
Bullshit, when XP came out people were clambering for Win 2000 Workstation.
>>
XP was kinda shit at launch to be honest familia.
It became widely approved after service pack 1.

I never tried 8, when I switched from 7 to 8 it was already updated to 8.1 and I thought it was fuckin amazing. It was snappy af, ran better than 7 and overall it felt superior to 7. Windows 10 is more of a resource hog, but it's k I guess. Not even remotely as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>51790393
2k and vista >
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.