[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Servers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
No thread in catalog, so there you have it.

Servers general, post your servers, post uses, ask questions!

I just started and already got my first hdd failure on RAID1, not gonna get another hdd, so is it better to wipe everything and start again with no raid or a 1hdd raid1 will normalize it's performance to run as just a single hdd with no raid?
>>
>Storage/backup server
I have currently 4 5400rpm drives in a hardware raid 5 and sometimes the write speed slows the whole system down, sometimes to the point where even other shares on another drive are affected.
Considering to buy a new raid controller with max cache/cachecade (ssds as cache for reads and writes) and 7200 rpm drives.
>>
Anyone has experience with 15000 rpm drives? Are they worth it or a raid 0 of regular 7200 better?
>>
>>51790609
>15k drives better random read/write performance than 7200 drives
If you need a lot of iops use a ssd, even cheap consumer ssds outperform 15k enterprise sas drives.
>>
Use HSG in the title next time.
>>
File: server.png (97 KB, 598x794) Image search: [Google]
server.png
97 KB, 598x794
How is this for a home server build? I'd like to seed torrents, stream media with plex, and host a source game server.
>>
>>51792293
good procesor and from personal experience GREAT power suply, cant say much about else, not an expret
>>
Speaking of servers what the fuck is up with 4chan being down so goddamn often?
>>
>>51792308
Wasn't sure if this power supply would be enough. I'm used to building gaming rigs with GPUs that require a shit ton of power. Take the GPU out of the equation then I'm lost.
>>
>>51792293
What's wrong with a three-year-old $100 ebay machine? It will do the job just fine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.