[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what would happen if i build a vaccum tube inside a vaccum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: vacuumchamber_web02.jpg (89 KB, 768x1019) Image search: [Google]
vacuumchamber_web02.jpg
89 KB, 768x1019
So what would happen if i build a vaccum tube inside a vaccum tube, put my Pc inside, overclock it, cover it all in liquid ducktape, and foam gard the entire motherbord, and a large copper plate goes down into the inner isolated vaccume tube, witch is filled with nitrogen. and you have a compressor to make nitrogen, to fill the nitrogen that vents of from the heat.

Is this even possible?

I tried to set the overclock settings on max on my mother bord, and the ghz went up to 11, then it turned into negativ numbers.

So i think that if we can cool a cpu and run it at max. we will create a Reverse refraction on the calculation, and those mulitply the original speed, with the temprature.

Making the Cpu 230times faster.
>>
>>51788717
it's so crazy it just mite werk
>>
>>51788717
You still need heat dissipation for the inner tube, which is impossible if it's in a vacuum.
>>
File: 1440036148716s.jpg (2 KB, 107x125) Image search: [Google]
1440036148716s.jpg
2 KB, 107x125
>>
>>51788717

a vacuum doesnt stop heat from being generated by the computer
>>
Shit overheats. In the antarctic bases every laptop overheats due to low air pressure.
>>
File: 1422293040902.jpg (88 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
1422293040902.jpg
88 KB, 990x660
>>51788717
it will overheat, without air the heat does not travel, but it still generate, and even worse, it generates faster, coz no air to cool it down.

if you cool it something else (lets say water)
sure it might work, but the price will be too high for something that you can accomplish without the vacuum tube.
>>
>>51788717
Better yet, develop some sort of heat conducting gel that doesn't conduct electricity so you can fill you're case with it and then but the case in liquid nitrogen
>>
>>51790724
Would mineral oil work?
>>
File: 08170006.JPG.jpg (327 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
08170006.JPG.jpg
327 KB, 1024x768
>>51790760
You mean normal oil, yes.
>>
>Build PC
>Instead of a case, use a freezer that has no water/ice in it
>Air is taken in, made super cold, passes into freezer then ejected by a fan
Why wouldn't this work?
>>
>>51791017
because of condensation

I've heard this can be done with expensive wine refridgerators though
>>
>>51790760
Yes. Mineral oil is used now and again in server farms to efficiently cool a lot of components at once.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.