[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Howdy /g/ Built a new machine last month, extremely happy with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: i5.jpg (86 KB, 403x402) Image search: [Google]
i5.jpg
86 KB, 403x402
Howdy /g/

Built a new machine last month, extremely happy with its performance, tears through all those games you disapprove of and is responsive as can be in daily use, I have no complaints in the way the machine runs at all,,,but!

I got CPUZ just to have a look and my core speed and multiplier are constantly fluctuating between 800-3800 Mhz (core) and 8-38 (Multiplier). Is this normal or is there something going on I should be concerned with? The bus speed also floats between 99.95 Mhz and 100.02Mhz...

Second on the graphics tab in CPUZ it has my GPU down as having only 4gig of memory, I have an r9 390 with 8 gig, why is this showing incorrectly???

Any input would be appreciated and also if you fine gents could advise me on the following:

I currently game at low resolution on a big ass TV and am happy enough with it but I quite fancy an ultra wide monitor, will I need a second 390 to push a higher resolution? and if yes will I also need to replace my PSU to power it, I currently have a 750 watt, I'm currently running only a single SSD but plan to add an internal HDD for mass storage and a second SSD as the first is at 80% full after just 1 month...so these may be considerations when it comes to the PSU...
>>
>>51788397
Read about turbo boost and power saving modes you fucking retard.
>>
don't worry about it, it's power saving features enabled in bios.

EIST, C1E, core c6 state and all that stuff
>>
A single 390 is capable of ultrawide. What you are seeing is your system throttling for power saving. If it was truly fucking up with some of those speeds on the cpu side your gaymes would run like total shit regardless of resolution
>>
>>51788436
I came to this technology board to read about such things.

>>51788448
>>51788462
Thanks.
>>
>>51788490
This isn't the technology spoonfeed board you fucktard
>>
>>51788397
>not AMD
fucking dropped
>>
>>51788517

not everbody is poor :)
>>
>>51788498
Why the hostility? I came here to discuss technology, seems you just came to be salty.

>>51788517
Current AMD CPUs don't really have what it takes, I may build a Zen machine in the future if the i5 dosnt hold out and the GPU IS AMD.
>>
Update for anybody interested, I got GPUZ now also and the memory is showing as 8gig so I guess CPUZ dosnt quite cut it for GPUs
>>
Something else I want advice on, I don't plan to overclock at all but I would like to reduce the noise from both CPU and GPU fans, currently stock on both, not worried about changing the cpu fan at all but how complicated is it to change the cooler on a gpu and am I likely to void my warranty?
>>
>>51788571
>getting spoonfed is "discussing technology"
>>
>>51788647
asking technology related questions on a technology board is getting spoonfed now??

why is the CPU throttling and 'turboing' while the only thing running is windows and CPUZ ?

why did you even bother replying to this thread and why do you have so much grit on your slit?
>>
>>51788695
Not him but you're a fucking moron. I doubt you even built that yourself
>>
>>51788695
sorry man but i gotta kinda agree with them. this is really basic shit, a simple googling would have sorted your shit out. this thread is pretty much shitposting.
>>
>>51788611
Did you fucking buy a reference 390

Tell us you did not
>>
>>51788818
You don't even need to fucking google, you can watch CPU-Z as it sits at 600/800mhz on the desktop and then when you open a game it'll go full turbo boost and just fucking sit there

It's common sense
>>
>>51788949
yeah i know that's what I did as well when i had doubts about this.
>>
>>51788448
Do these hurt performance by any chance? I habe mine all turned off. I was told ot might but was also told to leave them all off for more stable overclocks.
>>
>>51788845
I didn't think they sold reference 390 to consumer.
>>
>>51790841
Your cpu will just use more power and create more heat with them off.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.