[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are wd blacks meme hdds? i have not seen any comparisons of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: WD_Black_4TB.jpg (152 KB, 1688x1000) Image search: [Google]
WD_Black_4TB.jpg
152 KB, 1688x1000
are wd blacks meme hdds?

i have not seen any comparisons of this on other drivers and all i have read are shilling

prove me wrong
>>
They're in this weird space where even if they were the best performing HDDs, why would that matter when you could get an SSD instead for that? Maybe if you didn't intend to have more than one disk, but why?
>>
>>51786172
If you're going to buy an expensive, hot and loud running drive, one might as well get something enterprise-grade instead. For example you could get an HGST Ultrastar with double the MTBF and a proven reliability record.
>>
I have 2 3Tb wd blacks, as well as a couple of ssds.
I also have more dollars than sense though.
>>
>>51786172
The difference between 5400 eco drives and wd black are negligible when you compare them against SSD's.

There's nothing that would benefit being put on a black that wouldn't also benefit from being on an SSD.

Eco+ssd is the way to go for teh next few years until SSD's become as cheap as HDD's
>>
Yes. It's meme.
Even deprecated Raptors was faster…
Raptors worked at 10k RPM!
>>
I had one back then. Expensive, hot, loud. Died before 2 years. For the price you can buy an SSD if you really need performance, a WD green if you really need storage, or a Hitachi enterprise drive if you need reliability.
>>
>>51786172
>prove me wrong
kill yourself
>>
Should I get 1 wd black, 2 wd blue in raid 0 or something else need good performance +1tb space and it can't cost more then 150 dolars. I get 5 years warranty on the wd black and its not that losing the data on it will be a problem
>>
File: maxresdefault-9.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-9.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
I don't know why should you care about any performance when it comes to HDDs in our time.
All you need is a reliable and silent storage.
Keep games and other software on SSD.

I have WD 2TB Black and it just works. I've got it years ago and I wouldn't buy it again. Something cheaper would do the same job.
>>
>>51786172
A few years ago they were the cat's meow in build threads.
>RIP build threads
>>
>>51788612
its like people dont understand what raid or das arrays are.
>>
>>51788841
You don't need either of this at home.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.