[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would slower than normal boot times and loading times of some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1412119643589.gif (217 KB, 320x268) Image search: [Google]
1412119643589.gif
217 KB, 320x268
Would slower than normal boot times and loading times of some software be a symptom of a dying harddrive?

Also, I've noticed things like time it takes for certain resources to load into games and some stuttering.

I've had a SSD for about 6 years (agility 3), and some shit regular 7200rpm harddrive for probably around the same amount of time.

Even firefox opens slowly occasionally.

I almost definitely don't have any sort of malware because I recently formatted both and re-installed my OS on the SSD.
>>
>Having an ssd for 6 years

You should probably check how much of that ssd is actually alive.
>>
>>51784856
If you wouldn't mind spoon feeding me real quick, is there recommended software for that or anything?
>>
>>51784866
I use AIDA64, check the SMART data on your SSD using that or some other software that can display SMART data
>>
So I downloaded crystal disk info ultimate and was surprisingly greeted with anime telling me my ssd is fine, but my hdd is fucked, I guess?

I don't really know much of anything about hdd's and they've always just werked as far as I've been concerned. Could anyone tell me what any of this means, or if it just means that I need to get a new one?

I know the image quality is balls, I saved it as a gif for some stupid reason.
>>
>>51785115
Please respond...
>>
>>51785115
Holy shit that's a lot of reads/writes,
And yeah, it's dying. Anything you want that's on there, get it off NOW.
>>
File: ssd.jpg (261 KB, 990x692) Image search: [Google]
ssd.jpg
261 KB, 990x692
>>51785434
Here's the SSD doc, I'm assuming this is okay to keep as just my OS drive?

Or is it fucked too?
>>
>>51785115
When you reach cautionary levels on Sector Counts, the drive is not long for this world. I recently had 3 HDD's all die approximately the same time, which made sense because they are all on approximately the same time.

Legit, save stuff off of it now to save some real stress.
>>
>>51785531
You've only written 16TB of data; even a baseline SSD should be able to handle >100TB of writes.
>>
>>51785531
That's perfectly fine.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.