[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you spend hundreds of hours of your life tinkering with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>tfw you spend hundreds of hours of your life tinkering with GNU/Linux and no one outside of /g/ has any idea what you're talking about
>tfw your experience with [insert obscure GNU/Linux distro] won't get you hired anywhere and doesn't impress a soul
>tfw you realize all of the customization is ultimately worthless
>tfw you're done explaining why you use GNU/Linux and their response is just "Uh, sure."
>tfw you realize that your advocating for FOSS is a pathetically misguided attempt to be counter-cultural and cool
>>
>>51782463
>everything he does has to help him land a job or get praises from normies
>no hobbies allowed
>>
>>51782524
Cosign
>>
File: 1418438238486.jpg (100 KB, 475x423) Image search: [Google]
1418438238486.jpg
100 KB, 475x423
>>51782463
>tfw you spend hundreds of hours of your life playing retro games and no one outside of /vr/ has any idea what you're talking about
>tfw your experience with [insert obscure old game] won't get you hired anywhere and doesn't impress a soul
>tfw you realize all of the levels you cleared are ultimately worthless
>tfw you're done explaining why you play games and their response is just "Uh, sure."

Life sucks and then you die. Spend what time you can doing what makes you happy.
>>
>>51782604
OP here. Amen to that.
>>
>>51782463
not realizing that FOSS does not give a shit if the software is good or user friendly,but as long as it maintains your freedoms it could look like dog shit
>>
>>51782604

At least video games are fun. I don't get what is appealing about ricing.
>>
>>51782827
It's a distraction from the pain.
>>
>>51782827
>At least wrestling is fun. I don't get what's appealing about videogames.
>At least skydiving is fun. I don't get what's so appealing about videogames.
>At least running is fun. I don't get what's so appealing about videogames.
>At least cooking is fun...
etc etc
>>
>>51782604
>knocked up girlfriend
>all I do is babysit and go to work, then I come home and read about shit on 4chan
>barely ever have the time to do any of my own shut or any of the interesting things I read about
>never had any ambition so I'm stuck with a shit fast food job
>this is my life for the next 20 years
I'd rather be NEET honestly.
>>
>>51783029

I see your analogy, but objectively you can still see how ricing is inferior to most other popular hobbies.
>>
>>51783345
I don't envy you
>>
You're full of shit OP.
There are tons of linux jobs.
My best friend is a sysadmin, he got hired because he could linux, him being able to properly use a terminal got him entry level it job, and he moved up from there.

Meanwhile, I'm a developer, and I wouldn't have gotten hired if I couldn't unix.

There are tons of linux jobs.
>>
>>51783370
>a hobby can be superior to other hobbies
Sure thing kiddo
>>
>>51782463
well, if you have pushed a patch to a linux distro or contributed to FOSS in forms other than posting on an online image board I'm sure you can put that in your resume and it would help you land a job.
>>
>>51783405

I'm glad you've agreed with me. Good day.
>>
>>51782463
>>tfw you realize that your advocating for FOSS is a pathetically misguided attempt to be counter-cultural and cool
about fucking time somebody other than i said this
>>
>>51782463
The problem is your image OP. The nearly crying little kid represents the writer. With that you render your whole meaningful text to something from a whinny little bitch that couldn't get how linux works and how to use it properly. Not even ubuntu.

Next time you're writing this choose another image if you are not trolling. If you are trolling, congrats you chose the right image.
>>
File: 1449494301243.png (160 KB, 641x354) Image search: [Google]
1449494301243.png
160 KB, 641x354
>the metric of validity for a hobby is how others will perceive you for it
Fucking extroverts, I swear
>>
>>51782524
+1
>>
File: 1449669422587.jpg (8 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
1449669422587.jpg
8 KB, 229x250
>>51783370
>>
>>51782463
>install debian
>install gnome3
>install the couple of programs i use
That's all the tinkering I did.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.