[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You /g/ I'm building a computer but I move a lot. Thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: U4jQBpZ.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
U4jQBpZ.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
You /g/ I'm building a computer but I move a lot. Thinking of building it in a super small case like micro ATX tell me how big of a dumbass I am.. Go..
>>
micro atx isn't that small.
you can get anything you want on mATX short of server boards.

do you mean mITX? Even 2011v3 has a mITX board, though
>>
>>51782271
Ah shit ya mini or slim
>>
Overheating is a problem
>>
>>51782307
okay
then you'll just pay more for cases, and have a smaller choice of motherboards. you may end up paying $100 more for your shit, and you're only getting one PCI-E slot, presumably for your graphics card.

some of the really small ones only have support for smaller power supplies, which isn't bad per se but it's harder to find a slim one that isn't trash.

just look for a case that holds a full size PSU and you're fine.
>>
>>51782330
just get a closed loop cooler. preferable to air in a cramped situation. this is the only use case i recommend it.
>>
Thanks Mr. Skeltal.
>>
>>51782342
Alright cool, thank you that really helps.
>>
>>51782355
Man I really don't want to go with water but you're right I think I might have to.
>>
>>51782598
it depends on the CPU you get.
if it's a lower TDP and you aren't overclocking smaller air is fine.

also some mITX cases have surprisingly good airflow.

myself , i got a closed loop cooler and a resistor to slow it down.
yeah, i get 35 degree temperatures but it's quiet as shit.
>>
Small cases can be really sleek but upgrades can be a pita. IMO ease of access to every component is key. You will swap components and trouble shoot. If you get something small make sure it's easy to access everything.
>>
File: IMG_20151209_034036.jpg (2 MB, 2356x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151209_034036.jpg
2 MB, 2356x3024
itx works fine
>>
>>51783104
mitx*
>>
>>51782259
Get a laptop
>>
>>51783139
this to be honest family
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.