[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reactive (vidya) simulation limitations of the current age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Left.png (120 KB, 962x483) Image search: [Google]
Left.png
120 KB, 962x483
If you wrote the script, would modern computers handle a heavily physics based simulation within several other run-time simulations?

i feel like modern video games are kinda stale for how visually stunning they are

also, should i post the other drawing?
>>
>>51781479
This would be a lot easier to understand if you used normal paper instead of whatever the fuck it is that you used.
>>
File: right.png (68 KB, 962x483) Image search: [Google]
right.png
68 KB, 962x483
aaaannnd bump with the right
>>
No one knows what you're talking about, and that possibly includes yourself.
>>
>>51781619
sorry, this is what happens when you give marijuana to someone with technical skills.

i'd just like to know what makes a computer work harder at run time; spitting out high detail visuals/animations, or sending and manipulating masses of data

also i'm interested of the feasibility of a physics simulation on the scale of GrandTA5, but with far higher detail
>>
>>51781479
>>51781606

These might be cool for all we know, but you need to explain what they are first.
>>
>>51781479
I'm stealing this idea thanks OP
>>
>>51781741
>this is what happens when you give marijuana to someone with technical skills

do you think youre fucking smart or something?
what youre asking is "can computers handle very realistic physics simulations"
you didnt need any gay pseudo intellectual diagram

go back to reddit
>>
>>51781741
>>>/r/iamverysmart
>>
DUDE
>>
>>51782246
WEED
>>
>>51782224
i love the "be a huge asshole for no reason" meme. it's my favorite thing about this website :^)
>>
>>51782428
I love this "be a total faggot for no reason" meme. It's my favorite thing about this website :^)
>>
>>51782428
I've always thought it would be neat to have multiple concurrent simulations running, things like rain, temperature, humidity, and have them working together to create a complete simulation.

I think we were born about 50 years too early to see that in complete fruition. It really gets me excited thinking about a fully complete virtual reality simulation
>>
>>51781479
>>51781606
I have no idea what the fuck those drawings are trying to say.

>would modern computers handle a heavily physics based simulation within several other run-time simulations?
What, simulations-in-simulations?
Why the fuck would you even want that?

>i feel like modern video games are kinda stale for how visually stunning they are
Duh. The high expense of making modern "AAA" games generally drives development to be highly conservative. You get mechanics that sold well last decade, and pretty graphics, because that's guaranteed to sell moderately well.

>Simulated at low resolution in likeness of plate tectonics.
Out of curiosity, what substances are you currently under the influence of?
>>
>>51782484
The problem is yeah you have fuckton of physics simulations running but remember that you need to be drawing to the screen so you need to pause ALL of your simulations and render it, any other times your "parallel" simulations need to interact with each other, there has to be a lot of elaborate blocks in place to make sure no bad shit happens. In the end, it's not really worth the fuckton of programming effort that went into attempting to parallelize it all, it's till not going to be that fast.
>>
>>51782546
Sacrifice accuracy. If I'm understanding this mess of a thread, you basically want a weather simulator? It's hard to tell because nothing you're saying makes any sense or is too vague.
Stop smoking pot and read. It's doing nothing but impairing your ability to think, no matter how hard you lie to yourself. You're not a special snowflake.
>>
File: 1442432203717.jpg (87 KB, 720x502) Image search: [Google]
1442432203717.jpg
87 KB, 720x502
>>51781479
>>51782246
>>51782290
>>51782863

Honestly, cannabis (and many other substances) can help to lower your inhibitions and/or force new perspectives upon you to the point where you develop some really interesting ideas. However, an important part of taking advantage of that is to demonstrate self control and only do it occasionally, because you are best at editing/reviewing/executing ideas when sober. For example, OP should have waited to make this thread until he could explain his ideas more clearly.

As long as you are of sound mind, experiencing an altered state of consciousness even once can do a lot of good for you. It's not for everyone, though.
>>
I think that what op is trying to say is if we could make a simulation as close to how the universe works as possible
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.