[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /g/. Tell me why Nvidia sucks. Why is AMD Radeon better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Okay /g/. Tell me why Nvidia sucks. Why is AMD Radeon better?
>>
AMD isn't better, they just try to appeal to the poor NEET populace here with paid shills and OCed rebrands.
>>
>>51779437
>NEET populace
>paid shills
>>
VR and DX12

Basically AMD GPUs have asynchronous compute and Nvidia GPUs don't.
>>
>>51779590
This. Fuck nvidia. These nigers lied about dx12 support too.
>>
>>51779437
tfw in my country 970 and 390 are in the same price bracket
>>
>>51779699
are you from portugal or what?
>>
>>51779777
they kind of are in the same price bracket though
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#sort=a8&page=1&c=186,311
>>
Just ordered my 390x

Shits gonna be boss
>>
>>51779777
Philippines 3rd world shithole
>>
>>51779667
Daily reminder that AMD also claimed full DX12 support and none of their hardware supports FL12_1.
>>
>>51780132
AMD never claimed that
>>
>>51780145
I distinctly remember them making that claim during the 300 series launch event. Not going to dig the timestamp out of an hour long VOD though.
>>
>>51779428
I just hate Nvidia as a company and don't give money to disreputable organizations if I can help it.
>>
>>51780145
https://youtu.be/7MEgJLvoP2U?t=780
>>
File: 133.jpg (38 KB, 418x467) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
38 KB, 418x467
>>51779428
The thing is OP, Nvidia is the way it's meant to be play alright? It's all about the superior experience bro! And it's green so it matches all the razer keyboards. All the Kool kids have it and it's so cool. 3.5gb just werks yo.
>>
>>51779437

lol
nvidia keks dont want to admit they literally payed 600$ for an extra 5 FPS

they will defend what probably is the shittiest purchase ever made in their entire life to the death
>>
>>51780132
Daily Reminder that AMD fags supports Botnet 10
>>
>>51780175
nvidia has faster initial performance, weather this is just their drivers are better or if they gimp the game for amd and amd has to work around is another story.
they also have the fastest card, kind of.

however, company wise. they are fucking deplorable, and are the closest thing to evil we have in gaming today.

for my money, amd is competitive at worst. right now, its amd every price range through 600$, than its nvidia, but drivers will likely push amd to be the better choice, where as nvidia largely got their drivers preforming 100% what they can, any gains they get is through fixing a bug, not optimization.
>>
>>51780464
you want to game at the highest end, unless vulkan takes off, its going to be dx12
>>
>>51779428
Better bang for the buck and thats it
Including performance, features and futureproofing.
Seriously, amd just works.

a 270x is pretty comfy
>>
>>51780175
>>51782073
Mind telling me why Nvidia is such a deplorable company?
>>
>>51779428
nvidia is some instant gains,and amd is like a aged wine the longer you run amd the more performace you get compared to nvidia
>>
>>51782916
this desu, sadly the nvidiots/kids/keks just wont get it
>>
the photon Response time on AMD GPUs is lower than 20ms and on nvidia its higher than 20 ms and since you need under 20ms on VR not to get horrible nausea after 30 minutes of use that makes AMD the only game in town for VR

AMD as asynch compute engines on chip that can massively boost performance on API's and nvidia uses software to patch over the parralellism for no or often negative performance gain so for next gen DX12/vulkan games AMD wins by a huge margin to the point where a 290X matches an 980ti in 4k

driver support for AMD lasts for ages and support for nvidia cards dries up the second a new lineup of cards hits the market
>>
>bought a Radeon 7950
>runs 1080p flawlessly
>never had a single issue
>gaming on fallout 4 right now and i get 50-60 fps on high settings
>occasionally dips into 35fps in commons so i walked back view distance and shadow quality to push it up to 45-50

I literally have no reason to upgrade i occasionally have to tweak settings in Crimson or overclock 10-15% but thats all

my next upgrade is gonna be AMD all the way I get a zen chip and a high end 400 series card and pair it with the 4K 120hz freesync monitors that will release at the end of 2016
>>
File: speccy.png (66 KB, 684x539) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
66 KB, 684x539
>>51779428
Bought a 2gb HD4890 back in 2009 and the only reason i need to upgrade is the increasing amount of DX11+ only games. Runs GTA5 1080p on a combination of medium and high and low settings fine.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.