[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Apple Care worth it or is it just a waste of money? >Buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: l_01127949.jpg (50 KB, 600x532) Image search: [Google]
l_01127949.jpg
50 KB, 600x532
Is Apple Care worth it or is it just a waste of money?

>Buying apple shit

Well I already have it so just curious if it's worthwhile getting an extension on the warranty or not
>>
File: 1438710022752.jpg (121 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438710022752.jpg
121 KB, 1920x1080
>>51778995
depends on how you are with your products
I don't have it on my 6S+ but it really is a good service, used to have it on my MBP.

If you're careful with your shit, skip out on it, but if you're accident-prone, buy it. Best warranty system I've ever had.
>>
I've only gotten that for only one my apple products I bought a long time ago. It was a Late 2008 Macbook and it was ok I guess. Through the whole time the only thing that fucked up was the battery they replaced it this happened very close to my end of coverage, but that battery fucked up a couple months after that which my coverage had already ended so I'm not sure if they did that so I can shill out some more sheckles for another battery.

So yeah it's only good if you are buying test products first gen apple products.
>>
File: 1440631694776.jpg (61 KB, 498x374) Image search: [Google]
1440631694776.jpg
61 KB, 498x374
>>51778995
For iphones? No. Just get insurance through your carrier. Most carriers cover loss/theft, which is how most people end up needing a new iphone anyway. For other apple products I guess it just depends on how likely you are to break them.
>>
>>51778995
I haven't found it necessary over the past few years.

Back when macs actually had moving parts it was more important. Now that everything is solid state, meh.
>>
File: 1446969152496.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446969152496.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>51777777
This faggot

>>51778995
>>
>>51779342
pretty weak attempt at waxing memetic there bruh
>>
>>51778995
If you can afford an iPhone you will have a decent bank account where you pay a monthly fee of something cheap like £3-5 a month.

If you do, you will find they cover your phone as part of the benefits, even for accidental damage.

Check your bank, you will be surprised what they offer.
>>
>>51779371
Ehhh it's a hobby thx
>>
seems like a good thread for my question:
often when i visit certain sites (4chan for example) i get auto redirected to fake download sites like get24uploads, i research it and i think i might have malware or something but i can only fine guides for removing it from windows / google chrome. Does anyone know how I can locate and remove this from a mac laptop?
>>
>>51779452
have you run malwarebytes?

as for OP i would recommend not getting it unless you live in some strange part of the world where consumer law is less than 3 years.
>>
>>51778995
I would totally get it if it was for a mobile device, most people do damage them, and they're pretty expensive to repair.

but for something like a Mac book it doesn't really matter, just your prefrence
>>
>>51780928
bump
>>
>>51778995
nope
>>
Useful for my G5 iMac. power supply burned out just before its Applecare expired.
Current iMac, arguably wasn't needed, it's still running after 7 years, haven't had any problems that could be pointed to hardware issues.
Original iPhone, I don't remember if I bought Applecare, but the phone ran for 6 years before it finally gave out.
>>
>>51779022
Why did you upload a blank image?
>>
File: confused-cat.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
confused-cat.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>51779388
>have a decent bank account
>pay a monthly fee
If you keep a certain amount of money in the account there is no fees. This is what my bank does for all of my accounts, yours probably does too.
>>
>>51778995
You already have a waste of money in your hands op might as well go a little extra goy and get that as well.
>>
>>51778995

Apple allows it to be sold by third parties so you can go buy a year old refurbed from Apple (cheaper than ebay and craigslist because people are stupid), buy the warrantee and be set.

It also covers cosmsetic issues and peripherals so if you're charger is scratched and banged up you can just get a new one.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.