[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>install Windows on popular business-class laptop from 2011
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1189992766436.jpg (51 KB, 600x466) Image search: [Google]
1189992766436.jpg
51 KB, 600x466
>install Windows on popular business-class laptop from 2011
>have to install all the fucking drivers
>even ethernet driver doesn't get installed which means I have to go on another computer to download it, stick it on a USB stickdrive and transfer it to my laptop
>that dumb "let Windows look for drivers" won't even work for the rest, so I have to download them manually, too

>install Linux
>everything works out of the box

I thought the whole point of Windows was that it had the absolute best hardware compatibility?
>>
>>51778250
reddit tier post
>>
>>51778250
>first thread I saw after all that wait
I see I had my expectations up
>>
>>51778250
THE GOYIM KNOW! S H U T I T D O W N !
>>
Are you installing XP or something. X220/T420 drivers work ootb on 7/8/10.
>>
>>51778305
Support for Thinkpads on any platform has always been stellar
>>
>install Linux
>everything works out of the box
why the fuck you lying senpai
i dont even think loonix would boot cause its kernel might not support windows machines :^)
>>
>>51778250
>>install Linux
>>everything works out of the box

But then if you change anything it breaks and you will have to go online to figure out how to fix it. Oh, and you'll probably kill X so you'll need to use a different computer.

Have fun with that :^)
>>
>>51778407
>>51778440
Hi Pajeet and Rasheed, you will soon be contacted by a Microsoft agent to work oficially in Microsoft, your dream will become true!
>>
>>51778440
That doesn't happen to me, maybe you're just too stupid to use it?
>>
Hahahaa, thats what you get for falling for the windows meme. Should of installed gentoo or LFS and you would of saved yourself from alot hassle.
>>
>things that have literally never happened
>>
Samsung NP270E here, same story, using Ubuntu 14.04 waiting for next LTS.
>>
>>51778440
either you fell for the gentoo or arch linux meme or you're just retarded and don't know how to use a computer
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.