[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend told me that all the mp3s from his Windows 10 laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: scared.jpg (46 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
46 KB, 420x500
My friend told me that all the mp3s from his Windows 10 laptop were automatically deleted and he had absolutely zero idea.

Is this seriously a thing that happens with Windows 10 now? It just deletes shit without permission? I'm getting quite fucking worried because I'm thinking of buying a new computer pretty soon and most listings are Windows 10.
>>
inb4
>prebuilt

Yeah, I know, and I don't care. I'm way too nervous to try to build a computer on my own and I haven't talked to the only guy I know who could build me one for relatively cheap in years
>>
>>51776449
Wipe your drives and install a *free operating system and you'll never have to worry about that.
>>
>>51776449
Windows 10 also raped my mother and father. It also changed my wallpaper to goatse
>>
>>51776470
>I'm way too nervous to try to build a computer on my own
It's like lego
>>
>>51776449
>tfw I fell for the Linux meme so I won't even have tsundere Cortana delete my files whenever she wants to
>>
>>51776510
You should be thanking Windows 10 you ungrateful swine
>>
>>51776449
Windows 10 also poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!
>>
>>51776536
Yeah, if each lego block cost more than $100 and could be rendered useless by any number of amateur mistakes.
>>
>>51776595
>could be rendered useless by any number of amateur mistakes
Like what?
>>
>>51776595
>could be rendered useless

You would legitimately have to be brain damaged to fuck a part up at this point.
>>
His MP3s were in Onedrive weren't they?
Onedrive is shit and gets confused, just don't use it
>>
yup. it also deletes pirated adobe shit
went back to Windows 7 and Gentoo after that and the whole spying bullshit. atleast in Windows 7 it isn't as bad.
>>
>>51776605
>>51776617
all you need is a little static electricity
>>
>>51776638
just discharge m8
What else?
Smashing them with a hammer?
>>
>>51776638
Build it in a room that doesn't have carpet, but an anti static wrist thing, or just ground yourself occasionally by touching your tower. Fucking up a part because of static electricity is not something that should happen, ever.
>>
File: Knipsel.png (104 KB, 1022x645) Image search: [Google]
Knipsel.png
104 KB, 1022x645
>>51776638
Kek, I just put an old laptop hdd in my pc while being snuggly covered in a blanket, static electricity is a maymay.
>>
>>51776638

>le static emp meme

Probably the cause of 0.00001% building fuck ups.
>>
>>51776605
Static shock, unknowingly dropping a screw or some other small metal object somewhere that causes a short when you power the PC up for the first time, screwing your CPU heatsink down too tight and warping your CPU, applying thermal paste incorrectly, breaking a PCI or RAM socket when trying to install something, forgetting the fucking MOBO standoffs.... I don't know, I've never screwed anything up when building a pc but you hear about it all the time. Besides, some people just aren't mechanically inclined and aren't comfortable building their own PC.

>>51776617
Nah, some people have just never done anything like that before and are completely clueless and get in over their head when trying to build a computer or repair electronics.
>>
>>51776592

Ahh the good ole hyperbole use to minimize the stinking pile of shit that is windows 10.

Good goy.
>>
>>51776745
People that start their sentences with "ahh" triger me
>>
>>51776757

Ahhh the good old triger with one g. Is it trigger, is it tiger? Ahh who knows, ahhh
>>
>>51776780
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/382786/you-didnt-read-it
>>
>>51776742
>Static shock
Literally not a problem
> dropping a screw or some other small metal object somewhere that causes a short when you power the PC up for the first time
How? There shouldn't be loss screws anywhere when you're building a PC
>, screwing your CPU heatsink down too tight and warping your CPU
Most heatsinks can't be screwed in that tightly, and for the ones that can specifically say how tight to screw it in and if you screw it in any harder you're the retard.
>applying thermal paste incorrectly
It's literally just a small dab, there's nothing to fuck up
> breaking a PCI or RAM socket when trying to install something
They click in, there's no way to install it wrong and break it. You'd have to go way out of your way to even get close to damaging a socket.
> forgetting the fucking MOBO standoffs
Any competent tower producer has those pre-installed so you can't forget them
> I don't know, I've never screwed anything up when building a pc but you hear about it all the time
I never hear about it
> Besides, some people just aren't mechanically inclined and aren't comfortable building their own PC
No, they're just too stupid. Everything just clicks together one way at this point, the only part that you could fuck up is the CPU and even then that's extremely hard.
>>
>>51776843
>>Any competent tower producer has those pre-installed so you can't forget them
There are cases that don't have motherboard standoffs?
>>
>>51776843
OK
>>
>>51776868
*Okay
>>
File: Okay.png (142 KB, 1331x1722) Image search: [Google]
Okay.png
142 KB, 1331x1722
>>51776879
>>
So windows 10 or nah.
>>
>>51776561
I-its not like I was deleting them on purpose or anything! Baka...
>>
>>51776908
Windows 10
>>
>>51776742
I built mine sitting on my bed in a wool sweater
>>
File: help-windows-deleted-my-adobe.jpg (290 KB, 1015x843) Image search: [Google]
help-windows-deleted-my-adobe.jpg
290 KB, 1015x843
>>51776628
windows 10 here since tech preview
windows doesn't delete pirated programs
pic related
>>
>>51776908
Better question is, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7?
>>
>>51776959
>wanting to use the inferior products
>>
>>51776638
>common sense
Ground yourself... It's not like you are gonna moonwalk across the carpet with wool socks on right before you are gonna touch your parts.
>>
>>51776959
Windows 10
>>
>>51776959
to me they are the same, just different UI styles.
>>
>>51776638
>Building PC
>Static duster falls off desk into the case with everything in it
>Loud crackling noises
>Oh fuck me
>Finish it anyway
>Boot it up
>Works flawlessly
Static is a meme
>>
>>51776959
pretty much the same as 7 with some improvements
>>
File: rip.png (7 KB, 370x150) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
7 KB, 370x150
this just happened after some huge update today

i restarted and booted into my linux partition
>>
>>51776449
>automatically deleted and he had absolutely zero idea.

Hah, yeah sure. You wouldn't believe how often I hear that.
>>
>>51777144
if you bothered to do 10 seconds of research it is because the version of speccy you installed had a shitty kernel driver which would literally cause it to crash on boot
>>
>>51777191
oh, nice
would have liked a warning before updating though
>>
>>51777200
the only warning they could have given you was the comp crashing on start
>>
>>51777212
alright, my worries are gone then
thanks for the info anon
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.