[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the risks associated with using a pirated copy of Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
What are the risks associated with using a pirated copy of Windows 10 as opposed to a genuine copy of Windows 10?
>>
>>51775860
Genuine Windows 10 has more vitamin A.
>>
You don't have to agree to or pay for the restrictive license with an unauthorized copy. This is objectively better for all parties involved except Microsoft.
>>
I think we're on the same boat OP
I'm currently stuck with a pirated version of windows 7 ultimate SP1
but since I've never ran into any problems like the ''your windows copy is not original'' warning screen
I wonder what will happen

the problem is a clean install is always better anyways

what if I used my current windows 7 product key when Installing windows 10?
>>
>>51776981
If you used windows loader the only thing that will happen is it will upgrade to a legit version of 10.
>>
>>51776981
many people who updated from pirated 7 got genuine 10 for free, so there's that
>>
>>51775860
It's simple, if you get caught they can sue you for a lot more money than its worth as chances are you downloaded it as a torrent. If you did that also means you uploaded it, which makes you a distributer of pirated material.
>>
>2015
>buying windows
Who the fuck still does this
>>
All of the data that Microsoft collects could be sent to someone else.
This includes all files, what programs you have installed, your browser history, and your keystrokes.
>>
>>51775860

You run the risk of buying Windows 10. :^)
>>
>>51776981
If your current Windows is activated you don't need to use a key, it will just reinstall 10 and you're good to go.
>>
>>51777025
>>51777051
what if I want to do a Win10 enterprise fresh install?
Can I use my current key to activate it even tho it was cracked and it's from a Win7 ultimate?
>>
Pirate windows 7, free windows 10. LOGIC.
>>
>>51777570
I've always heard something along the lines of, "If a product or service is free then you, yourself, are the product that's being sold."

Holds true with services like youtube, facebook, etc. where they're selling your pageviews and ad-clicks for money.. With Windows 10 I imagine that it's more along the lines of them using the OS as a platform to shill their overpriced office software and shit.
>>
>>51777075
I downloaded the ISO directly from Microsoft's website. Will it require a product key to fully install, or will I just be stuck with a non-genuine copy of Windows?
>>
>read up windows 10 user agreement
>Microsoft owns everything on your computer
>windows 10 is not an OS but a service
>>
>>51777729
>>51777680
>>51777117

>tfw you sell yourself to Microsoft, and they and their partners(!). They literally own all of your personal data: logging your keystrokes, accessing files, having all your passwords
>tfw you're literally the product, not Windows 10

Windows 10's release date was the day when I got fed up with everything that Microsoft does with their consumers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.