[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>use LibreOffice >have to pirate and install M$ Office®
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: dumb_frogposter.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
dumb_frogposter.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>use LibreOffice
>have to pirate and install M$ Office® anyway because everyone else uses it
>>
Nobody with a job uses LibreOffice
>>
how does it feel that your low quality freetard software will never get popular?
>>
File: f.jpg (29 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
29 KB, 800x522
>>51775521
you know, in fact it feels great to know my rare software won't get popular as all the popular one is shit or becomes shit if it wasn't yet
>>
File: 1247321044634.gif (755 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1247321044634.gif
755 KB, 300x222
>>51775647
Using the popular normie frog while denouncing mainstream garbage
Nothing that I didn't expect
>>
File: 1421586351947.png (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1421586351947.png
20 KB, 200x200
>Support ~150 people using Libre Office on Linux in my company
>Only issues you could blame on the software for I've encountered over 2 months was an installation lacked some fonts
>And that took 1 startpage search to determine the appropriate package to install
>>
File: 1438128533664.jpg (13 KB, 170x164) Image search: [Google]
1438128533664.jpg
13 KB, 170x164
You can buy Office 2010 keys on the internet for literally like 5 dollars and be covered until at least 2020. Quit being underage and using shitty "free alternatives"
>>
>>51775818
>paying $5
>when you can get it free legally
>>
>>51775818
I can pay $5 to get it illegally
Simply epic
>>
File: smug american.png (917 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug american.png
917 KB, 1280x720
>>51775452
MS Office is the pretty much the only proprietary software that I would consider paying for, if I did not already have a pirated copy. Seriously is creating a competent word processing program really that difficult, freetard developers?
>>
>>51775882
Define "competent"
>>
>>51775882
LibreOffice is completely fine.
The problem stems from MS using their own own proprietary file formats, and not adhering correctly to the OpenDocument standards for .od* files, so when people pass documents between the two programs shit breaks.
>>
>doesn't adhere to standards for document files
>is a bloated clusterfuck so it can offer you cloud shit you'll never use because you already use some shitty botnet cloud storage to do the same thing
>Is constantly redesigned for a bigger price tag because it either sucks or MS needs money between OS releases
>winshit
>not using Latex

What is wrong with people
Fuck even Kingsoft chinese botnet is more competent
>>
File: 1440567150022.png (121 KB, 311x335) Image search: [Google]
1440567150022.png
121 KB, 311x335
>>51775452
>use libreoffice
>it randomly shuts off, lose work too
>>
>>51775452
The only problem with Libre Office is the compatibility with Office files, if that would only improve, I wouldn't mind using it everyday.
>>
>have to pirate
>>
I only use Linux to watch Animu :3
>>
>use libreoffice
>just using page break, tabs fixes 90% formatting issues
>>
>>51775999
>>51775937
>muh standards
Protip: If the most popular software is not abiding by the "standards" then they have set their own standard that the majority of people will end up using.
>>
File: laughing zelda.jpg (13 KB, 190x287) Image search: [Google]
laughing zelda.jpg
13 KB, 190x287
>use PDF
>choice of office suite of me and people I work with is never an issue

OP confirmed indian
>>
>>51776064
Standards are set to move forward software and filetypes in accordance with new technologies and the ability for various non-affiliated developers to uphold them.

This is contrary to the interests of a megacorporation that would rather monopolize the office digital space because they want a pretty shekel.

>>51776093
Also this
>>
LibreOffice and Thunderbird will soon join forces

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3vslk2/libreoffice_and_thunderbird_projects_could_join/
>>
>>51775882
>M$ office
>competent

I'd rather use google docs or pages or keynote or TeX before using office desu senpai
>>
>Documents
LaTeX. I'll only use something else if it's a collaborative project with people using different software.

>Spreadsheets
Excel I find does a number of things more easily than Calc. In my case it seems that Calc really wants to make it difficult to change elements on a graph after it's been made. I've read consistently that Excel also has a much larger library of things it can do via macros/scripting, but I have yet to do something that calls for me actually doing that.

>Presentations
I usually send presentations to people, which dictates that I use Powerpoint since everyone else uses Powerpoint. I've only had the chance to really try Impress once, and ended up dropping it since the presentation I was making called for having text over an image, which prompted me to want to have the text be outlined for the sake of legibility. Upon looking up a solution to this problem, I found that the answer was "Impress doesn't have this function, just draw the lines manually around each letter. Question Answered™".
>>
>>51775854
How
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.