[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is it with these cancer people that use the word
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: archatparty.jpg (169 KB, 710x540) Image search: [Google]
archatparty.jpg
169 KB, 710x540
What the fuck is it with these cancer people that use the word "coding" ? Are they just web devs?
>>
>>51773584
me wearing the green jacket
>>
>>51773584
>bottom right is choking out the girl
post the pic, you know the one.
"the strong should fear the weak"
>>
>>51773584
Fuck that reminds me of myself. ..
>>
>>51773584
Anyone can code. It takes actual skill to program.
>>
>>51773715
There shouldnt be the term "coding" at all. I dont know what does it even mean in comparison to programming.
>>
>>51773715
Most likely this. I use the word sparingly simply because I only really know UScript but you can't exactly write programs in it or anything but it's still a programming language.
>>
File: CCJuiZzXIAEIz0v.jpg (68 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
CCJuiZzXIAEIz0v.jpg
68 KB, 600x596
>>51773681
>>
>>51773715
>making arbitrary distinctions for your autism
Anyone can program, it takes actual skill to codify algorithms into machine instructions :^]
>>
>>51773584
Saying that "I need to code something" sounds a lot less pretentious than "I need to program something" to be honest family
>>
>>51773715
Anyone can write a program.
>>
The only people who call themselves "coders" are 14-year-olds who just got done making their first web site or iPhone app.
>>
>>51773640
Would bang
>>
File: feel-what-am-i-supposed-to.jpg (48 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
feel-what-am-i-supposed-to.jpg
48 KB, 550x550
>>51774179
>tfw i say "coding" and "write code" all the time and I'm a 29 year old PhD student with 4 years experience as a software developer from the industry
welp
>>
>>51774209
Do you 'code' the register at BestBuy to make it tell you the exact change to give back?
>>
>>51773584
>What the fuck is it with these cancer people that use the word "Googling" ?

People make up verbs. Get over it.
>>
'Coding' always sounds more pretentious to me, I think somewhere it picked up the connotation of being a more fashionable, mainstream buzzword for what practitioners would rather keep as this hardcore, technical subject - not accessible to your average pleb.

Does anyone know a cooler synonym of the noun 'code'?
I'd like to push 'proge' as a more leet alternative, but early adoption is poor.
>>
>>51774347
No, in my last job I had to code a CEA608/708 closed caption text parser for MPEG4 AVC/HVEC.

>>51774591
>'Coding' always sounds more pretentious to me
IMO, it's the opposite. I find "programming" to be a lot more pretentious than "coding".

>I'd like to push 'proge' as a more leet alternative, but early adoption is poor.
In my native tongue we just say something similar to "prog" ("I have to prog this thing to do X").
>>
>>51774591
excuse me while I: sed s/code/proge/ across my progebases
it's nonstandard, completely arbitrary and longer
exactly what I like!
>>
>>51773584

I keep hearing a lot of people say they are coders/programmers but all they do is HTML.

Is this going to be like IT where everyone flocks to learn how to do it and they flood the job market with shitty skills but get hired anyway lowering the level of pay for the job?
>>
>>51773584
I say script.
>>
dicks
>>
File: umaru xp.png (579 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
umaru xp.png
579 KB, 1280x720
>>51774691
>Is this going to be like IT where everyone flocks to learn how to do it and they flood the job market with shitty skills but get hired anyway lowering the level of pay for the job?

Of course. This is probably the main reason why "women in tech" gets so much attention. More women means more laborers, which in turn means that the price of said labor must decrease. Programmers get paid way too much anyways.
>>
>>51773584
Little kids who have no idea what the fuck that they are talking about. A lot of them show up here.
>>
>>51773584
to code = writing programs

also that pic is me, literally
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.