[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jobs that shouldn't exist anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19
File: 5up6dcaxzd_66kaon20vi_file.jpg (283 KB, 460x650) Image search: [Google]
5up6dcaxzd_66kaon20vi_file.jpg
283 KB, 460x650
What jobs could been replaced by technology but still exist in your country?

In Brazil, many cities still have bus conductors. Their jobs was to take tickets and/or money from passengers and let them go through the turnstile. Smart cards have been in use in cities like São Paulo for more than 10 years, but conductors are still paid to basically just keep touring the city with a bored face and/or sleeping on their seats. There are recharging stations for the cards all around, and the few people who will still pay with money could easily pay it to the driver himself, which is the way it is like in some cities.

The only reason they still have their jobs is that unions are powerful here and lobby politicians in exchange of votes.
>>
File: file.png (515 KB, 620x376) Image search: [Google]
file.png
515 KB, 620x376
>>51772794
We still have bus conductors in India. For fuck's sake, we don't even have modern buses like that, we have big stupid things like pic related. You have to get on the bus, buy a ticket from the conductor and then sit down. Shit won't fly otherwise.

At least it's always on time. We're finally getting a metro system. I think it's gonna be mifare based.
>>
McDonald's cashiers
Taxi drivers (hi, uber)
>>
>>51772944
Self driving cars aren't that good though. And all cashiers should be replaced.
>inb4 removing so many jobs hurr durr
>>
Factory workers.

Should be automated robots on rails that can grab parcels and move them to drop off points and then loaded into a van.
>>
>>51772912
anon your pills
>>
>>51772794
>In Brazil
stopped reading there
>>
>>51772978
At some places like a McDonalds you could reasonably get away with removing cashiers and just having a cashier supervisor/a manager or whatever for conflict resolution and complaints. Automated cashiers would never work at any retail store or any other cashiering niche besides food.
>but amazon/alibaba/etc
Almost a completely different business with different goals and strategies to accomplish those goals.
>>
>>51773082
>tfw walmart lets you checkyourself out

one lady runs 6 registers, and the gaurds check your receipts
>>
>>51773082
>Automated cashiers would never work at any retail store or any other cashiering niche besides food.
I have no problem using the self checkout. Other people see it as a convenience issue, but how fucking lazy do you have to be to say that swiping your items is too hard?
>>
>>51773013
I've done a good bit of warehousing. Even worked for Amazon. It's not entirely feasible. There's still some complicated problem solving (For an AI) that goes on.

If you were always grabbing the same product or had the same manifest, no problem. But that's not how warehouses work.
>>
>>51773013
>Factory workers.
I worked in an automotive air filter factory for half a year, and I disagree. While the work is mostly shit automating everything is just not possible or feasible. You would need a whole machine for one part, sometimes you are doing just so much that it fills half a day. Then you convert/reprogram the machine for another part and do the other thing. Of course you could amass so many parts that you could fill a single machine with days of work, but it's often time critical work, and they don't space for all those machines.
>>
File: 400[1].jpg (20 KB, 320x289) Image search: [Google]
400[1].jpg
20 KB, 320x289
>>51773120
>one lady runs 6 registers, and the gaurds check your receipts

over here one person manages 4 registers. and at the end of a register pool are these barriers where you have to scan your receipt to open them(simple barcode scanner built in the columns of these barries).
Totally stupid and not practical.
>>
>>51773120
It works if your store doesn't rely on sales because they have the operating capacity of a small country. God help you if a coupon store tries that shit, you'll have so many customers asking questions you might as well just have one at every register.

>>51773124
>how fucking lazy do you have to be to say that swiping your items is too hard?
Is this where I post an image macro of George Costanza or is now not a good time
>>
developpers
>>
>>51772794
I think a lot of bank and retail jobs can be replaced with essentially forms on the internet and stuff.

Only old ladies still want to go to a bank in person.
>>
>>51773189
>God help you if a coupon store tries that shit, you'll have so many customers asking questions you might as well just have one at every register.

what is that even supposed to mean

anywhere i've done self checkout lets you use coupons with zero problems and you're on your way, even the companies own reward cards so you dont get jewed those extra few dollars.
>>
Government DMV workers. How is this not automated?
>>
>>51772794
>br
The vermin are breeding
>>
File: 733287.0.mcdonalds[1].jpg (148 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
733287.0.mcdonalds[1].jpg
148 KB, 1024x768
>>51772944
>"Sup fry cook, say hello to your new co-workers."
>"Wheres Raquanda and Shamaleka? Well we had to get your wage raise from somewhere, right?"
>>
>>51773220
Coupon Stores are also known as Sale Stores. Shit like clothing and hobby stores especially that rely on rotating sales and coupons in order to make money.
>>
File: R0604[1].jpg (337 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
R0604[1].jpg
337 KB, 2048x1365
>>51773256
over here they look like this and work very well, especially if you have a custome order instead of buying menu A
>>
>>51773218
>Only old ladies still want to go to a bank in person.
I go to the bank in person a fair bit. Some things still need to be done that way.

Safety deposit boxes and some wire transfers come immediately to mind.
>>
>>51773251
It shouldn't be.

We need more checks and shit when it comes to drivers licenses. People barely know how to drive as it is.
>>
>>51773256
How much cheaper is it to run such a system including R&D, buying hardware and maintaining said equipment instead of just hiring some high school dropouts?
>>
File: 1373654099788.gif (2 MB, 372x323) Image search: [Google]
1373654099788.gif
2 MB, 372x323
>>51773251
>get to the office at 8:00 AM
>10th in line, somehow get the 24th ticket
>okayThen.jpg
>sit down at 8:21 AM
>stare at the ticket counter for what seems to be an eternity
>9:02 AM, number 3 is called
>continue to stare at the clock, bored out of my mind
>imagining several ways to stick up the place
>what would happen if there was a terrorist attack RIGHT NOW?
>fantasize about killing everyone there so i can get my license renewed faster
>wake up at 1 PM, number 23 is called
>DMV cashiers take lunch break
>my fucking face when
>>
>>51773320
>I go to the bank in person a fair bit. Some things still need to be done that way.

Ive been to my bank once, and that was to open the account.

>Safety deposit boxes
Granted I did forget about that.
>and some wire transfers
Really? That sounds pretty fucked.
>>
>>51773333
I have no idea, I can only assume that the electricity cost would be cheaper than $15/hr.
Also keep in mind that these machines don't take breaks, don't play around with co-workers, will likely not have as many "sick" days, and won't get your order wrong.
The only downside that I can think of is that it will be up to people to order their food, and some people are slow as fuck when using automatic machines.
>>
>>51773333
>make a well-engineered machine
>costs USD $5mil R&D
>replaces 100,000 employees on first day of rollout
>100,000 * (min. wage) * (hours of operation)
>1E5 * 7.25 * 24
>$17,400,000 saved day one
>money made back, plus enormous added profits
Gee I dunno
>>
What. We still have conductors here in Russia and there is no way they are going to extinct in the near future. They actually walk from part of the bus to the another, not sitting their asses or some shit, most of them are old grumpy women etc etc
>>
>>51773341
What the fuck? Don't they have appointments or some shit?

Don't they allow third party driving schools in America?
>>
>>51773381
They have appointments for getting licenses, but not for renewing licenses. You could do it online, but I believe that system is fairly new, you had to do it in person a few years ago.

Also, you HAVE to go to the DMV if your license was revoked for any reason.
>>
>>51773370
There's a convenience store/gas station around my area called Sheetz, they're proof that if you put more than 4 machines up you'll rarely have problems.

Also if the machines are designed by anyone worth a shit they can be engineered to be ultra-low power, almost negligible. Like the cost of 2 things off the dollar menu will pay for months of operation.

>>51773381
Only 3rd party driving education is done through high schools here, as far as I understand. And no, no DMV appointments, you get a ticket and a seat. Actually you're lucky if you get a seat.
>>
File: 1404448034626[1].jpg (26 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
1404448034626[1].jpg
26 KB, 300x214
>>51773429
>Sheetz
>>
>>51773333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

it's ogre.
>>
>>51773374
assuming 3 shifts per day and 3 cashiers per location average, you would need at least 20k machines to replace them.

so you're implying that one of those machines costs just 250$ to R&D, produce, set up and maintain? (assuming two machines per location)
>>
>>51772794
""unions are powerful here and lobby politicians in exchange of votes."" Now you prove your full retardation
>>
>>51772794
Front end web developers
>>
>>51773357
I've had to go in to fund my brokerage account, use my deposit box, get large amounts of cash out, and if anyone ever gives me a check.

Granted, my bank doesn't have some modern accoutrements, but I can't beat the interest on my checking and the ATM reimbursement.
>>
>>51772794
Computer programmers
>>
>tfw creative industry
LITERALLY never obsolete
>>
>>51772885
Well, who's gonna rape the passengers then?
>>
>>51773251

It is in backwards ass North Carolina, it should be elsewhere too. I can renew my driver's license and car registration online.
>>
>>51773663
Thanks anon, your shitpost actually means a lot to me. I genuinely mean that. It shows that there's some people out there that don't just post the meme of the month in capital letters.
>>
>>51773357
Do you ever deposit cash?

One time, about 6 years ago when I was still a dumb teenager, I put $100 cash in the ATM. For some mysterious reason, the bank counted only $10 and tried to pass it off as a mistake I made.

Needless to say, I switched banks and ever since then I've always signed for cash deposits at the teller's desk.
>>
>>51773729
How did the bank decide that they were correct?
>>
>>51773120
Most people fucking suck at checking themselves out.
>>
>>51773499
>>51773566

Either this is some shit bait or you actually guys believe in shit like skynet where a computer can magically form human thoughts and program itself.
>>
>>51773251
in utah we can renew our registration at any certified repair shop. take it there for safety and/or emissions and renew on the spot if you pass. they even give you the new stickers
>>
>tfw we could have had a 20 hour work week after WWII because of mass industrialization but every corporation decided to try and globalize
>>
>>51772794
I thought they were there to check if people pay?
>>
>>51772885
>Shit won't fly otherwise

Shit flies in India as well?
>>
>>51772978
>Self driving cars aren't that good though.

They should let people drive themselves. (aka car sharing).

At the most use self driving to move empty cars around.
Or maybe when people are drunk or don't have a license.
>>
>>51773852
>everything could be so nice if not joos
I'm not even shitposting
>>
File: IMG_0456.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>51772794
Ground stewardess.

Have stewardess check in your bag
>types on computer, takes ages.

Check bag in yourself
>Literally 3 taps on a touch screen, takes mere seconds.
>>
>>51772978
Self driving cars ARE that good. That's the problem.
>>
>>51772794
people pay cash also that's why they are still needed
>>
File: 1369169359930.jpg (22 KB, 218x265) Image search: [Google]
1369169359930.jpg
22 KB, 218x265
>>51773188
>TFW in the UK no one checks your receipts at automated checkouts.
>>
>>51773429
based florida

you can make appointments online here for the CMD

i dont think ive ever waited more than 30 minutes at the DMV even without an appointment, took less than an hour to get my license back after it was "wrongfully" taken, even with the wait (fuck statefarm)

and can even fast track getting a CCW at your local DMV (as in they help digital send all the paperwork and its verified then and there rather than wait 5 months and LOL YOU FORGOT TO CHECK A BOX PERMIT DENIED TRY AGAIN)

my dad got his ccw in 2 months rather than the forecasted 5.
(the process is still exactly the same, just one location to get your fingerprints and everything, rather than calling your sheriff and going the "manual" route)
>>
>>51774001
I'm going to miss them. I've always enjoyed talking to some cuties, Swedish, Japanese and Polish stewardesses being my top choice.
>>
>>51774094
fucking negros in the states man

>friends with a walmart district manager
>before the receipt guardians were really "put into effect" my stores were losing on average 10-20 television sets a month
>and no i don't mean those cute 32in tvs i mean like 50in flatscreens

and thats before self checkout was really a thing

its actually pretty easy to get free shit from walmart
until recently gaurds were not allowed to touch you, they could only attempt to postpone your departure.
>>
>>51774094
I assume they randomly check a couple of customers each hour and all black customers?
>>
>>51773375
There are no conductors in Moscow. I hope this will change in your city too.
>>
>robot take over all low skilled jobs
>70% of all people are suddenly unemployed in an economy that runs itself
>automated government decides that everyone should get into space travel
>wall-e was right all along
>>
>>51774205
>>robot take over all low skilled jobs
>implying /r9k/ can even go out and apply for a job without spilling their spaghetti
>>
>>51774094
the whole receipt checking is one week old here, inconvenient as fuck.
>>
File: 1445933622181.jpg (16 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1445933622181.jpg
16 KB, 720x405
>>51774094
Do they pester for an ID for alcohol at Tesco.
That would remove the convenience as staff are slow af.
>>
File: 4112-136 1.jpg (307 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
4112-136 1.jpg
307 KB, 1536x1152
>>51772794
>>51772885
Here in Bucharest, Romania, bus conductors are much fewer than the buses, so what they have to do is board a bus every now and then and check that everyone has paid. The driver is also completely separated from the rest of the bus (separate door, separate cabin), so he can't accept payment even if you were to pay with cash - your only choice is to buy a card that you can recharge at special locations.

The consequences? Except for the very frequent users (work/school), 80% or more (no exaggeration) of passengers don't bother to pay for any of their trips. Everyone has at least a "got caught by the conductor" story, but almost everyone has at most two. It's hilarious, and being a poorfag, I pretty much traveled >for free all my life (yes, I got caught once alone and once while traveling with friends, being forgiven by the conductor in the latter).

Pic related is one of the buses I'm talking about.
>>
>>51773328
Esp. Semis. I was side swiped by one on the highway. They've gotten significantly worse over the years.
>>
>>51773811

hue
>>
>>51773773
Wells Fargo did the same shit to me. $500 was "lost" after ATM deposit. I had the slip from the deposit and all but they said it was a fake and tried to play it off. Had them pull the security tape and check it. Got my $500 back and closed the account that afternoon. Fuck Wells Fargo.
>>
File: MARTA.png (559 KB, 635x458) Image search: [Google]
MARTA.png
559 KB, 635x458
>>51774474
>Driver's clothes
Damn, that smooth son of a bitch. You can tell he gives no fucks at all.

Pic related is the transportation system we have in Atlanta. We get upgraded buses every once in a while. The newer buses also have WiFi. Never used it personally, but it's still good that we have it. We have to use a farecard to get on. All the drivers are black and don't actually give a shit if you paid or not, unless they're assholes. If you're ever in the area, my advice to you is to get on a bus driven by an elderly black gentleman.
>>
>>51773339
what layout is that
>>
>>51773192
You can shutdown your computer now, its software made by developers
>>
Post office workers.
>have to pay taxes
>must go to post office, payment modules in hand
>post office worker must retype the already printed document in the terminal
Why can't I just pay from home? Most banking sites offer online payment, but not for all kinds of modules.
>>
A lot of transportation and transportation accessory jobs in general could be replaced if more companies would allow telecommuting. Why do I need to drive to a building to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day when I could easily do that at home?
>>
>>51774474
>>51772794
>> not having free bus based public transit

Shit is pretty nice
>>
>>51772794
>Jobs that shouldn't exist anymore
Steve
>>
>>51774205

The problem is with population growth. We could build a sustaining system for ourselves and work less hours, but then you have niggers in Africa, pretty much everyone in China, Indians, list goes on. Because we can't fence off the third world, because we have these moralists who insist we take care of them in the form of applying bandage over an open wound, we can't have anything nice.

We really could build a society where robots take care of everything and we are allowed to pursue whatever desires we want, but the problem starts when all the niggers and such start rushing in because they want a piece of that life too. They weren't born privileged and for some people dealing with that reality is too hard, that's why we have these "philanthropists" who want everyone to have everything even though we do not have the resources for that. At least not with the current technology we have.

They need to stop making so many babies, they need to wash their hands after taking a shit and more importantly stop shitting on their own food, stop spreading HIV and that's just the tip of the iceberg. They cannot be helped, in short, just fucking build a wall around them and let them sort their way out. I'm all in for a dystopian future where a totalitarian facist state lives above all the shitty peasants, walled from all the shit those tribalistic animals do.

I really believe that if our first world society drove out all the fucking leeches who come here but don't even bother learning the language, we could build ourself a society where robots do all the work and we are free to do as we please. The economy relies too heavily on exploiting all brown machines, everything gets made in China, and customer service in India. People there work at inhumane rates and we enable that exploitation. It's of course made worse by the gargatuan population that keeps growing even though so many people have difficulties finding a job, especially one that pays decently.
>>
>>51774181
I won't, most of them are slow as fuck and aren't helpful at all.
>>
>>51772885
>shit won't fly otherwise
>needing shit to fly

just put it in the loo already
>>
>>51774001
but a lot of the stewardesses disregard your luggage dimensions. This is the sole reason why I go to those waifus instead of the machine that will catch my blocky luggage immediately.
>>
The millions of people who shit up the roads to commute to an office job so they can sit at a computer identical to one they have at home.
>>
when automation hits hard
should we switch to a system where people live their jobs (scif-fi shit like star-trek worlds) or should we live in a world where we live to be neets
>>
>>51774831
I agree with this. Sick of supporting all the low life pieces of shit in my country. I made 80k last year as an HVAC tech, took home 53k. That's fucked. I can just support my wife and kid. Having a car is a luxury man.

Then on top of that, the powers that be are raising the cost of keeping my licenses valid each year. It went from 120 every three years to 100 a year. Soon I can see it getting higher. Fuck you Trudeau, you fucking frog butt fucking faggot. Bitch looks like he's 20.
>>
>>51774986
This has always baffled me desu
>>
>>51774986
This. My wife does this, she's asked if she can just work from home. All she does is compare freight waybills and shit. Can do that at home. They said "that's not what a team environment is" and won't let her.

Fuck you bastards, just don't want to admit that it's doable from home.
>>
>>51774986
It is impossible to work at home for me since I associate it with leisure and rest.

Maybe I need new indoctrination to be productive at home.
>>
File: buzz-word-bingo1.jpg (25 KB, 460x190) Image search: [Google]
buzz-word-bingo1.jpg
25 KB, 460x190
>>51774986
>>51775154
>>51775163
>>51775186
>>
>>51772885
POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>51773602
There's a lot of research into automatic artwork generation and there are already semi-automatic and automatic programs.

The last group to go away will be engineers (software and otherwise), but those of course also can be replaced.
>>
>>51773835
In TX you have to go to a certified repair shop to get your vehicle inspected, then take that proof of inspection to your county tax assessor's office to pay for and renew vehicle registration.

For driver's license renewal we can do it online but every 8 yrs or so you have to go to the DMV in person to update your photo and renew it in person.
>>
>>51772885
R A P E _ B U S
A
P
E
>>51773697
>Not even defending
B
U
S
>>
File: Real_Humans_Shine_Int_a_l.jpg (58 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
Real_Humans_Shine_Int_a_l.jpg
58 KB, 768x433
>>51772885
I live in NEW NEW YORK and we still use FUCKING HUMANS for shitty paperwork tasks???

like what the fuck man. they dont even make good pets anymore...
>>
>>51774181
In America they are mostly overweight, obnoxious black women with a bad attitude... fuck them, let the machines take their jobs away. Hell, even most of the airport security people working the inspection checkpoints are fat, rude black women who are looking for any excuse to go off on you and ruin your day.
>>
>>51774749
It would reduce shitloads of overhead costs for the company too.. Hell just make people come in 2 days a week instead of 5 and rotate the days on which they're required to come in. You could reduce your office space, workstations, office furniture, utilities, etc by 1/2, your workers would enjoy working from home and get to keep more of their paycheck instead of paying for more gas, tolls, public transit fees, etc.

Sure, some people need constant supervision to be productive and are terrible at working from home but you would figure out who those workers are pretty quick and could get rid of them.
>>
>>51775413
>>
>>51774986
>The millions of people who shit up the roads

How many Indians browse /g/?
>>
>>51775413
>mostly overweight, obnoxious black women with a bad attitude
Wasn't aware there were other kind.
>>
>>51775654
They're rare but there actually are skinny black women who are pleasant to be around.
>>
>>51775599
If he was Indian he would have said billions.
>>
>>51774474
See, that's the difference between vermin and humans. Here in Western Europe, we understand that public transport is subsidized with taxpayer money, and that these companies deserve our money for their services. On top of that, we are honest and just people. So we pay the fee.

You people don't, abuse the system, live in shitty countries as a consequence of a bad attitude / culture. Your country will never be great. And it's your own fault.

Feels good to be white.
>>
>>51775740
>Feels good to be white
>Western Europe

Enjoy it while it lasts, you'll all be praying to Mecca 5 times daily and shouting 'Allahu Ackbar' within a few generations.
>>
>>51775740
>we understand that public transport is subsidized with taxpayer money,
Statist scum. Nothing can beat the quality of the services and innovation provided by a true free market with no taxes or subsdies.
>>
>>51775851
I didn't express if I was in favor of it or not, just stating the facts. Most European countries use taxpayer money to subsidize public transport, so it would not be fair to abuse that system by not paying the fees.

no bully pls
>>
>>51774476
fake and gay

semi drivers are the most scrutinized drivers on the road
>>
File: kiryu.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
kiryu.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>51773251
>dad told me about new dmv that opened up
>huge place yet hidden somehow
>mfw got in and out in 10 mins
>>
>>51775851
>no taxes
>only private roads
Enjoy paying a fortune to drive literally anywhere
>>
>>51773013
I install production line machines for a living and I'm telling you now, we're going to need a SHITLOAD more engineers, service people, service managers etc. before the shit tier factory work becomes automated.
I firmly believe that it won't be feasible to switch from 3rd world factory labor to machines in our lifetime.

Consumers don't see it, but the machines require MONTHLY maintenance. They are usually over engineered and quite shit desu but the biggest companies haven't gotten huge by delivering quality machines, but by establishing distribution networks and binding agreements with everyone they've cornered the market.
>>
>>51773341
wut movie is pic from
>>
File: Piano_tuner.jpg (963 KB, 1428x952) Image search: [Google]
Piano_tuner.jpg
963 KB, 1428x952
Tuning of pianos, guitars, violins etc is still done by humans. Professional tuners charge a lot of money because they've supposedly got rare almost super-human abilities to identify tones. Anyone with a smartphone can do the exact same thing with no special hearing abilities or training.
>>
Waiters, I'd rather get my own food than fall for the tipping meme
>>
>>51773663
This was quite refreshing to read, actually.
Nice.
>>
>>51774474
Well in my city (Poland) most people have a monthly ticket.

The city tried to encourage people to buy monthly ticket (which is an NFC card that you either recharge online or via machines like pic related by nearly doubling the price of a normal single-course ticket and tripling the cost of being caught without a ticket.

And it worked.
I see like 2 maybe 3 people being caught without a ticket and they're usually smelly homeless fucks.
Ticket inspectors usually either call the police that beats them up or tell them to get the fuck out cause they don't have any money anyways.
>>
>>51773082
I have been served neary automatically at McDonalds stores in the UK and France. Select what you want on a screen, pay for it using card, get a number, wait for number to be called, collect bag of food. I don't think they are especially common in either country though. The UK one was in Bromley about 10 years ago, the France one on the Champs Elysees maybe 2 years ago. I've not seen it implemented anywhere else but it worked perfectly well in each case.
>>
>>51774094
Yup, I was flagged for a random check once but a guy came over, hit a few buttons and said he couldn't be bothered to check my bag so he deferred it to the next time, next time I use self checkout only buy a few items. Wasn't even some awful shithole Asda or whatever, was Trumpington Waitrose.
>>
>>51777882
The venue might change so tuning will change. Every venue is unique.
>>
>>51774568
Damn. I've always been afraid of that.

I knew that banking was one of the few industries that I want to stay manned by humans.
>>
>>51774195
yea
>>
>>51777882
this >>51778133

that shit isnt simple at all.
>>
>>51772944
more like every type of cashier, we have self checkouts

>>51772978
except they are that good, not one accident that was their fault
>>
>>51778400

>pink noise and an RTA on a roomba will replace you

should have learned a real skill, faggot. hurrr I can plug in cables
>>
>>51774130
>2 months for a CCW
Fucking Kek!
I sent my application in and it showed up in the mail 2 weeks later.
>>
>>51777933
This. I'd rather get my shit than pay a waiter, more so when it's percentage based.
>decent dessert costs $10 -> $1.5 tip
>more expensive food, but no difference in how the waiter delivers it costs $50 -> $7.5 tip
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>51774130
I did all my application and finger print stuff at the regional office in Tampa. Got mine in less than a month
>>
>>51773429
>done through high schools here
wait wait... what!?

What does high school have anything to do with driving schools?
>>
>>51774474
We have those exact same buses here in Portugal.
>>
>>51773188
U must live in africa, they don't check receipts in us
>>
>>51775224
http://cbsg.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/live
>>
>>51773220

At shop and save a cashier has to turn a key to accept certain coupons. I have a god tier set of $20 off when you spend $70+ for 5 weeks, and the supervisor has to turn a key and keep the coupon.
>>
>>51772944

> Drivers with state permits to carry passengers
> Drivers without state permits to carry passengers

They're all taxi drivers, but one of them follows the law the other doesn't.
>>
>>51781033
>the state should regulate the passengers of my private vehicle

No.
>>
>>51773333
not THAT much more expensive than the standard PoS system, plus unlike a PoS system these will always be working. Device failures are what warranty and service contracts are for, just the same as any other PoS system, just essentially, a fancy customer operable one.
>>
>>51774086
buses here still take cash, you drop the cash in (or bills in the ticket acceptor) and cash comes out another hole. Not that anyone uses them when nfc passes and nfc pay per fares are cheaper.
>>
>>51772794
>Brazil
Third world country doesn't count.
>>
>>51773800
Don't come here crying when the Hunter-killers come for you, bitch.
>>
Cost-wise, I assume that since the machines once set up will break even with their replaced workers really quickly. Sure, R&D will be expensive but the machines don't need to learn new menus, you just update their software. Electricity necessary to run them is far cheaper than labour costs, and even when you add in the cost of technicians, it should peter out way below what real people cost over some time. And after that, that difference can either be additional profit or can be passed on to customers by way of lowering prices and thus attracting (possibly, I don't really know the market saturation - I don't even eat fast food) more customers.
>>
>>51783155
there are hard working people all over the world, and you NEET around the house posting on chinese cartoon forums masturbating to drawing of children and sticking horse dildos up your ass
>>
>>51778068
We have those in Germany too.

They are easy as fuck and more convenient than dealing with long lines and underpayed immigrants
>>
>>51772794
Sleeping mexicans are not technology
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>51785834
I swear Im trying my best but I dont see the insult in your comment.

not him though
>>
>>51772794

Opticians. Optometrists.

Entire profession could be automated and replaced by machine kiosks, in the USA.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.