[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be able to go through university using only this and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: tab_4.png (146 KB, 711x391) Image search: [Google]
tab_4.png
146 KB, 711x391
Would you be able to go through university using only this and the provided computer labs?
>>
>>51772686

How many times are you going to make this thread?

Fuck off.
>>
yes i guess
i never bring anything into lectures
as long as you can download lecture slides later and write the contents down
it would still be pretty shit having to walk to a lab every time you want to do part of an assignment
>>
Oh it's YOU again.
>>
>>51772702
Can you not answer a simple question, anon?
>>
>>51772686
Just buy a thinkpad fuccboi.

it's really not a good option depending on your major. I used it for a while, but unless it has dedicated pen input, it isn't good for hand writing. You CAN get a physical keyboard for it (I did that with my N7 )but you are gonna be heavily hindered by software.

Meanwhile, an x220 can be had for about 70 bucks more, and if you are even more patient you can get an x220T for a good price.

If it had dedicated pen input, it would be worth it.
>>
Don't use a damn computer to take notes. A pen and some paper sheets is a better option. Keeps you concentrate in what you are doing.

You only need a PC for assignements and projects. In that case, that tablet will not suffice.

Now fuck off.
>>
Why would you need the smartphone? Provided computer labs should be adequate for any academic purposes.
>>
>>51772843
So, you're saying that you shouldn't need your own computer at all for university.
>>
Had a Note4

Didnt like the android locked bootloader shit.
Would rather have a NExus 6 and then a thinkpad with pen for school. Dont own a thinkpad yet. gonna get one eventually probably.

Or a surface 3. I think they are cool. more $$ tho.
>>
>>51772686
Nope, i watched people in my classes when I was a college student and the tablet crowd eithrt got distracted or weren't able to use resources due to their hardware limitations
>>
>>51772686
I bought a used Thinkpad for less, don't waste your money
>>
>>51773757
Not everyone wants to smell like shit.
>>
>>51772686
no
literally impossible
>>
>>51772686
For about $100 you could get yourself one of those android+windows dual boot tablets. Now you have a tablet with android for casual use, and can boot into windows for more specific stuff.
>>
No, get an x86 Tablet + Bluetooth keyboard instead.
>>
>>51772843
The computer labs at any university are absolutely shit.
>>
>>51772686
Get a x220t or a fucking surface 4 pro.
>>
>>51773935
if the SP4 wasn't fucking $900 starting, it'd be the best thing ever.
>>
normal laptop:
Good to work with, battery usually does not last long enough
Windows tablet:
Bad for writing, otherwise good
Windows tablet with keyboard attachment:
Good
Android/applel tablet:
Useless
>>
>>51772686
If you cant figure this out by yourself you aren't smart enough for college
>>
>>51772860
It depends on how important your comfort is.
>>
File: 1448087190744.gif (2 MB, 310x175) Image search: [Google]
1448087190744.gif
2 MB, 310x175
>>51772686
>Inb4 muh gender studies
>>
>>51772686
>Galaxy Tab 4
>not Pixel C
Enjoy failing, faggot.
>>
>>51772686
A tablet won't be of much use actually, unless you want to take notes with it (which is kind of stupid in my opinion, since pen and paper are best) or if you actually need to see the slides on your own screen or something (i personally have an ipad, muh ifag, but because i already had it before... I'm not really using it in class, unless I didn't go to the last class, and have to see what they did in the last class). The only thing that is convenient to have for university, is a laptop (only if you have to do assignments or projects at home), since having to go to the computer lab can be a bit annoying if you don't live nearby, and there is the possibility of it being full (which may happen when having to do assignments if the class is big enough). So if you are planning to go to computer labs, you don't need the mini tablet at all (at least for uni)
>>
>>51774004
shill go
>>
>>51772686

you remember your lectures better when you write stuff down instead of typing

and spend an extra $70 and get the shield tablet because it makes the fewest compromises of any Android tablet that remains under $200
>>
>>51774070
>terrible screen
>few compromises
>>
>>51774070
>tablet
>even mentioning compromises
JUST
>>
>>51774089
>>51774107

>under $200

yup, go buy your POS Samsung tablets that still have a 720p screen and are running kitkat
>>
>>51774157
Nope. I'm not so poor that I can only afford to spend $200 on a tablet.
>>
>>51774157
>he doesn't understand why over 720p is useless on a 7" screen and is in fact counter-intuitive
JUST
>>
>>51772686
Why not buy a laptop instead?
>>
>>51774184
Or at least a chinese Windows tablet
>>
>>51774206
no
>>
Spend an extra $100 and get a fuckin' ThinkPad which will last you all through university and at least a few years after.
>>
>>51774269
poo in loo
>>
>>51774217
Why? Cheaper, you get a wannabe desktop OS with desktop programs and Android, the OS you were going for anyway.

Honestly I don't see why you're so set on this unless you're trying to punish yourself
>>
>>51774269
>thinkpad
JUST
>>
>>51774269

>chinese spyware shit
>>
Seconding pen and paper note taking.

If you need a tablet or laptop (I use mine for chemistry labs and comp sci work) then get a chromebook or some other cheap tablet like what you posted. Note taking on a device is a pain in the ass and you have to worry about battery life.

Desktop at home for serious work, laptop and phone for on the go, notes with pen/paper is the best combination I've found.
>>
>>51774381
>chromebook
have fun doing any STEM work on a fucking chromebook
>>
>>51774467
Could you not ssh into machines for headless work and X11 forwarding for GUI programs?
>>
>>51774543
sounds p gay tbqh
>>
>>51774553
I'm not the Chromebook anon but that's how I work
>>
Yes absolutely. I find that using a tablet and university computer labs only is much less distracting and more productive.
>>
>>51774596
How so?
>>
>>51774637
You won't just use it to play wasteful videogames like everyone who buys a gaming laptop for school
>>
>>51774467
>>51774584
samefag
>>
no.
>>
>>51774808
nope, I'm >>51774543 >>51774584
>>
>>51774837
>samefags
>gets called out
>hurr durr I'm not a samefage xDdddd

kill yourself
>>
>>51774854
Whatever you say anon. I haven't had a Chromebook since my Cr-48 broke, if I ever bought another Chromebook it'd be another Pony, but I'd slap OpenBSD on it
>>
>>51772686
I bought this tablet on a sale last year.

There was a reason why it was on sale, it's a laggy, low-res piece of shit.

You could probably pick up an NVIDIA Shield or Mi Pad 2 for not much more than the Tab 4, those would probably be about 1000x better in terms of everything.
>>
>>51772686
lump in a macbook into your college loans desu senpai.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.