[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Qt.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Qt.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Do you use Qt? If you do, what do you do with it? Is it easy to use, reliable? ITT your experience with / opinion about Qt.
>>
>>51771710
>what do you do with it
websites
>>
>what do you do with it?
Pretend it's better when you complain about GTK
>>
created a simple data storing desktop application
it's pretty easy and I enjoyed it
>>
>>51771710
I've used qt in a project once. It's an abomination of OOP design where everything is a qobject, and all data must be converted to q-style like qstrings.

It's functionally complete and the implementation is high quality, but good the design is awful.
>>
>>51771710
>Do you use Qt?
Yes.

> If you do, what do you do with it?
Blackberry 10 app development. Their native app UI is based on Qt 4.8.

> Is it easy to use, reliable?
QVariant[List|Map] is a bit confusing at first, but once you get a hang of it, it's ok. You need it if you want to use QML along with C++.

One thing I don't like is that you can't pass additional parameters to a signal's slot.
>>
>>51771980
The design is fine, retard. Git gud
>>
>>51771710

I use it to write one of the most popular Linux apps ever.

When I created it, I choose QT solely because of the name.

I wish I didn't, because there are better and lighter toolkits, but right now I am too deep into it.
>>
>>51772740
> there are better and lighter toolkits
Like?
>>
>>51772927

Had I started now, I'd used wxWidgets
>>
I made a plugin UI for QGIS with it.
>>
>>51772740
what app is it?
>>
>>51773054
QtCreator is nice tho
>>
>>51771710
it's usually nice but fucking baffling how some simple things break sometimes

there's some bugs in the event processing on windows that cause a massive cpu spike and janky layout updating when resizing the window

RESIZING THE FUCKING WINDOW

what year is this
>>
>>51773815
you are probably doing something wrong
>>
>>51775712
nah senpai

> open sample opengl app
> change the gl widget to render constantly rather than on demand
> event loop shits the bed and moving or resizing the window becomes a janky mess

qt opengl is fucked on windows
>>
>>51776206
>senpai
i wanted to continue this conversation but you are trash
>>
>>51776261
sorry i forgot about the word filter

a certain british colloquialism gets changed to senpai
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.