[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BanEverythingistan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: tai[1].png (168 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tai[1].png
168 KB, 500x281
>Be britfag
>Try to download a torrent
>The site is banned in the UK
>Try another
>Banned
>I've been here for 10 minutes
>Every site is blocked, still haven't got what I need

Fuck sake, I havent tried to download anything but anime in so long I've got no more working sites. I-is this what it feels like to be casual?

Are VPNs for goys? What do I do?
>>
>>51771145
nyaa? tokyotosho? animebytes?
>>
Just get a VPN.
>>
>>51771145
Why dont you use tor to get the torrents
>>
>>51771175
I'm good with the anime sites, but torrent search engines are all gone. I need some software.
>>
Sometimes you're able to connect to these sites if you use a different dns but it's probably best to just get a VPN. If you're using Chrome or Firefox then AnonymoX is a good choice, otherwise just search for something else. I also hate how they block literally every site but we can't do anything about it so we have to get around it.
>>
File: 1447340045034.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447340045034.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
>>51771236
Thanks friend.
>>
Silly Mohammed, the internet is for free countries
>>
>>51771145
What's it like living in a communist country?
>>
>>51771145
Use tor to get the magnetic link, you should be able to download the rest with no problems. This does NOT protect you against your ISP sending you angry letters though.
>>
>>51771145
Its a democracy anon,they can ban whatever they want its a free country you know.
>>
Just look up Pirate Proxy or Kick Ass Proxy, that's what I always use.

Simples. *squeak*.
>>
>>51771145
hahaha, "free" west, here in the slave middle east I am able to torrent as I wish, Ive been dealing with banned sites for years, welcome to the new jew order.
>>
>>51771145
>ban
kat dot ph
>>
>>51771409
This.
>>
No guns, no Internet, no weed; what do people in the UK do for fun?
>>
>>51771553
stab each other to death
>>
>>51771553
piss in the rain, like a good pompom
>>
>>51771553
inbreed
>>
>>51771145
>doesn't know how to vpn
>doesn't know of .mn
this isn't a board for normies you know.
>>
>>51771917
You should purchase a 4chan Gold Account then and get the real /g/
>>
>>51771199
Don't. Come on, this has been known for over five year now. https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea
>>
Just use Zenmate or something.
Also a lot of the time the https site will work despite the block, I'm from the UK and VM block a few trackers, just changing http to https works on a few of them.
>>
Have torrents, ran on Tapatalk, blocked on BT :(
>>
>>51772979
Way to miss the point, you don't torrent over tor you use tor to get the magnetic link or the torrent file.

If you don't understand the difference then you shouldn't be posting.
>>
>>51773764
Pseudo solution. You'll still get tracked when you retrieve the Torrent from the swarm using the Magnet link. Sure, you may be evading some poor blocking attempts, but that doesn't mean you're in the clear. Not in the slightest.
>>
>>51774101
>Sure, you may be evading some poor blocking attempts
Which is exactly the point. You'll get your torrent. Going off on a completely unrelated tangent about how you shouldn't torrent on tor just makes you look like an oaf.
>>
>>51771145
Stop trying to steal shit and you won't have this problem, Tyrone.
>>
>>51774127
Yes, and I'm sure OP is really glad with your solution getting his Torrent file when he's being tracked and fined.
>>
>>51771145
btdigg.i2p
>>
>>51771145
plz lrn2VPN and not be a faggot
maybe google next time as well?
>>
>>51774159
Which will get him this far.
>http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/UK-Scraps-Three-Strikes-ISPs-Will-Just-Nag-Pirates-Politely-129785
>Starting in 2015, persistent file-sharers will be sent four warning letters explaining their actions are illegal, but if the notes are ignored no further action will be taken. The scheme, named the Voluntary Copyright Alert Programme (VCAP), is the result of years of talks between ISPs, British politicians and the movie and music industries. The UK’s biggest providers – BT, TalkTalk, Virgin and Sky – have all signed up to VCAP, and smaller ISPs are expected to follow suit.
Regardless, he'd probably be fine as it doesn't sound like he's a heavy file sharer.

This is still ignoring that you completely missed the point and sound like a total muppet.
>>
File: 1446197685256.jpg (25 KB, 560x330) Image search: [Google]
1446197685256.jpg
25 KB, 560x330
>>51771145
https://themagnetbay.net/
>>
>>51774232
Britfag here and I use the tor to get magnetic link solution because my ISP (one of the ones on that list) blocks the sites. Never got a warning letter.
>>
>>51774270
>Never got a warning letter.
Probably because they well and truly don't give a shit now that no one forces them to any more.

I do the exact same thing and I haven't heard anything from UPC since they sent me my modem.
>>
Use VPN or Tor to get to the sites, get your torrents and then go back to normal.
>>
>>51771145
>be britfag
Stopped reading there
>>
>>51774232
>Which will get him this far.
>>http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/UK-Scraps-Three-Strikes-ISPs-Will-Just-Nag-Pirates-Politely-129785
Yes, this appear to be a rather stupid 'counter measure', but people don't see how this is arguably worse. Not being fined does not mean you're in the clear and shouldn't oppose and dismissed this, because then you're basically turning a blind eye to your government for spying on you. Does seem right to you? Apparently it does to the majority as nobody seems to complain without getting fined.
>Regardless, he'd probably be fine as it doesn't sound like he's a heavy file sharer.
Wild assumption. What you can however reasonably assume he's new in the UK.
>This is still ignoring that you completely missed the point and sound like a total muppet.
I didn't. Don't confuse missing the point with a more holistic approach of analysing a given problem. Namely, one shouldn't forget tracking issues and actively providing the government with supporting statistics to help further legislate sanctions for example. But mass surveillance in itself should make people cringe.
>>
>>51774101
who cares if you are tracked, they will have a hard time proving anything at all. which is why they ban the sites itself.
>>
>>51771553
Complain about their politics a lo---
UNFORTUNATELY, THIS TRANSMISSION OVER TCP HAS BEEN INTERCEPTED
REPLACEMENT RUBBISH IS NOW BEING SPOUTED
All hail our glorious government creating stability in the worst of times.
Please keep in mind the following guide: http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/crime-threats/cyber-crime/cyber-crime-preventing-young-people-from-getting-involved
Specific notes are that, as coding could potentially mean that our population aren't complete idiots, it is obviously a sign of malicious intent.
The relevant section is quoted:

>Is your child spending all of their time online?
>Are they interested in coding? Do they have independent learning material on computing?
>Do they have irregular sleeping patterns?
>Do they get an income from their online activities, do you know why and how?
>Are they resistant when asked what they do online?
>Do they use the full data allowance on the home broadband?
>Have they become more socially isolated?
Thank you for your participation in following the law, citizen.
>>
>>51771145
should be able to just switch dns servers and have access to those sites
>>
>>51774524
>who cares if you are tracked
What are you even doing here?
>>
>>51774496
You've lost the discussion. You've shown yourself to be a total blithering idiot ignorant of the situation and the suggestion. You mentioned something completely unrelated and now you're trying to save face. Stop it while before you injure yourself.
>I didn't. Don't confuse missing the point with a more holistic approach of analysing a given problem.
You went off on a total tangent to what was being suggested with no counter indication. You said, word for word
>Don't. Come on, this has been known for over five year now. https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea
I can not stress this enough, this is totally unrelated.

>basically turning a blind eye to your government for spying on you.
Again, off on another tangent completely unrelated to the topic at hand. This is getting downright ridiculous. I shouldn't even have to address this point but here's my refutation;
Privacy is a human right as defined by the United Nations. Bypassing a block on the internet does not mean that I condone a government or other entity breaching that right. Any implication otherwise is downright spurious.

Go get yourself a cup of coffee or something, you need it.
>>
>>51774635
Let me break this down for you. OP asks for a means to evade domain blocks to continue downloading potentially illegal Torrents. You correctly provided him an answer on how to evade said blockades, yet, with all due respect, none of you failed to acknowledge that there are bigger issues involved here.

You may keep defending yourself saying I my assertion wasn't pertinent to the argument, which may even have some merit. However, if the argument is all you care about and keep dismissing my arguably non-pertinent points, then please say hi to big brother for me when you open your legs wide as an invitation to keep getting fucked by him, all the while you're being a nagging bitch and talking down to random strangers on the Internet trying to help someone out who's not familiar with the bigger picture here.
>>
>>51774821
Look, OP wanted a solution to a problem, you trying to shoehorn in other issues is not unlike those fat women storming Bernie Sanders' and shouting "black lives matter"

Yes, privacy is an important issue. No, we do not need to append this to end of every single sentence. Shoving it into a debate completely unrelated just makes you look like a tosser.

Like I said, go get some coffee, tea or whatever your preference may be. You need to clear your head.
>>
>>51771409
>This does NOT protect you against your ISP sending you angry letters though
they don't do this in the UK
>>
>>51774101
Dude doesn't want to browse edgy dank web sites, he just wants access to torrent sites on the free net. It doesn't matter to him that his anonimity is compromised.
>>
>>51771345
>God
>Jesus
Kek'd, you fucking atheist.
>>
>>51774896
One can hardly dismiss privacy when discussing blocked domains proving (illegal) Torrents.

You compared me to fat women storming Bernie Sanders. Slightly offended as I am, this ad hominem is also non-pertinent to our discussion.

>>51775035
He didn't share his opinion on privacy. I just brought it up to not overlook this if he were to care. Which is a reasonable assumption as /g/ in general is more concerned about privacy than other boards.
>>
>>51774525
holy shit, i think i might be a hacker!
>>
>>51775147
Proving = providing.
>>
>>51775147
>Slightly offended as I am, this ad hominem is also non-pertinent to our discussion.
It is completely pertinent to this discussion. They stormed a political figure with an issue completely unrelated with the topic at hand. You are doing something very similar.

You are the overweight activist storming a public forum to make your viewpoint heard. You are deliberately misinterpreting what others are saying to make it sound like you're being oppressed, just so you can shout "black lives matter!" once again.

To reiterate, yes privacy is important but it is not relevant to this discussion and your futile attempts to save face are thoroughly entertaining.
>>
>>51771553
Study the most Holy Qur'an.
>>
>>51774525

I hate the UK and believe they are one of the worst first world countries in terms of civil rights. BUT, you left out a significant portion of that page.
>>
>>51775248
>You are the overweight activist storming a public forum to make your viewpoint heard.
Ad hominem fallacies are not valid debate tactics.
>To reiterate, yes privacy is important but it is not relevant to this discussion
I firmly believe it is. Privacy issues are unavoidable when discussing blocked domains providing (illegal) Torrents. We may have to agree to disagree at some point.
>and your futile attempts to save face are thoroughly entertaining.
Again, uncalled for, but I guess it's good to hear you have a sense of humour up on your high horse.
>>
>>51775255
t. 60% white
>>
>>51771145
>Be britfag
>The site is banned in the UK
There are over 200 ISPs in the UK. In every single city, there are at least 3 alternatives to the big 4, living on the back of BT's 21CN wholesale cable. But you, in your infinite wisdom, decided to go with one of the big four ISPs - despite more than a decade of shitty practices like packet shaping, packet inspection, and throttling. Despite existing court orders for those providers to deny users access to specific sites. Despite the contemporary snoopers charter setting out provisions that apply _specifically_ to those big providers.

>"B-but data caps. Muh FTTP"
You quite literally went out and picked your shit ISP over a company like A&A or Zen, who speak out against the government's bullshit and support the Open Rights Group. Who aren't in a race to the bottom so they can sell you their latest direct TV package. You picked convenience and price over integrity. And now you're getting exactly what you deserve.
>>
>>51775365
You need to go look up an ad hominem. See, an ad hominem goes like this: You're thick as bottled shit. You're so thick you make the redwood forest look like your thinning hair.

Comparing you to activists uselessly storming a stage is not an ad hominem, it's a comparison. It's a very valid debate tactic because your arguments are very similar.
>I firmly believe it is. Privacy issues are unavoidable when discussing blocked domains providing (illegal) Torrents
Just as those delightful women would say that the black lives matter movement is relevant to any political discussion.
>high horse.
Yes, let's bring horses into this. Specifically, dead ones. I'm going back to your original point, which had absolutely nothing to do with privacy. This just further serves to underline that privacy is an issue you brought in to save face, further under the hilarity of your worse than terrible arguments.
>>
>>51775056
The father, son, and holy spirit
>>
>>51775393
I am white and studied the Quran a little in Britain when I lived there.
>>
>>51774101
I live in Britain and have been using this method daily for this year, never got any warnings
>>
>>51775459
You're giving cheap examples. You tried to refute my arguments by comparing me (ad hominem) to different people discussing different arguments.

My previous point had everything to do with privacy. Tor is not to be used for Torrents if you're relying on it for anonymity.

You keep insulting me, and there's hardly any reasoning with you because you act more for being right than doing what's right. Obviously this discussion is beyond pointless now. How do you want this to end?
>>
OP, SWITCH ISP.
Don't use big what, 5 I think. Or VPN. Or fucking hell there's been a /ptg/ here for eons you still want to be a public tracker pleb forever?
>>
>>51771145
>Be britfag
>succeed because I'm not a useless faggot
It's as easy as typing the site you want to access + "proxy" into the search engine of your choice. This is literally lmgtfy simple.
>>
I'm pretty sure secure katDOTcr isn't blocked. Why I have no idea.
>>
>>51775578
>You're giving cheap examples. You tried to refute my arguments by comparing me (ad hominem) to different people discussing different arguments.
I'm comparing you to someone else doing the exact same thing. Is it cheap? Possibly. Is it entertaining? Definitely.
>My previous point had everything to do with privacy.
Without mentioning it. At all. Funny that.
>How do you want this to end?
This discussion was over as soon as you started trying to drag in other topics to save face. Since then it's been light entertainment while I've been doing other things. You could admit that you're just trying to save face but that's not going to happen, is it?
>>
>>51775663
I'm saving face. Bye.
>>
>>51771145
>anime
Just stream it that's perfectly legal just be careful where you go
>>
>>51775678
That was disappointing. Oh well, my cookies are almost done anyway. G'night muppet.
>>
Cant you just open the page with google cache and rip the magnet link with dev modo?
>>
>>51775267
Aaand it seems that I managed to fall for the postbait.
Though that kind of makes the page self-contradictory...
>>
>>51776320
(Note: I'm >>51774525. Seems I didn't read the whole page, just like apparently everyone else quoting that on the internet. Oh well. Still, isn't it contradicting itself? "Showing these signs including some normal stuff for programmers/coders means cybercriminal!" "Oh, actually, wait, it's a positive thing!" Now I read this, it makes me think the suggested academies/clubs/whatever are brainwashing procedures where they can continue to drill in the information they want to put in...)
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.