[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought a Nexus 5 recently and everything is a nightmare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Nexus_5_%281%29[1].jpg (517 KB, 995x784) Image search: [Google]
Nexus_5_%281%29[1].jpg
517 KB, 995x784
So I bought a Nexus 5 recently and everything is a nightmare right now.

I installed CM12.1 on it, but it randomly started shutting off if I left it sitting around at 100% charge with the screen off.
So thinking it was maybe the version of Cyanogenmod being fucked I wiped the system partition and flashed CM11. Now I can't even decrypt the phone. I can boot into recovery mode just fine, it recognizes the password. But as soon as I try booting into CM it keeps saying "Try again" whenever I enter the password.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
Flashed CM12.1 again, now I can unlock but have the random shutting off again.
>>
Why the hell did you flash cm12.1 now that cm13 is out? 12.1 is not even supported any more.

Also, try chroma rom. CM roms aren't that amazing on nexus devices.
>>
>>51770944
Have you tried using a factory image instead of CM ?
I've had so many problems with CM and other custom ROMs on my Nexus 4 that I've just given up on them. Rooted factory image on the other hand just werks.
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
>>
>>51771311
I don't want to use nightlies. Should I?
> Chroma ROM
Will look into it.

>>51771318
OEM ROM has all the Google bullshit on it that I don't want.
If I flash one of those factory images, do I have root access automatically or do I need to do that seperately? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this, I only follow the instructions.
>>
>>51771351
>OEM ROM has all the Google bullshit on it that I don't want.
So uninstall the bloat you don't want ?
I've removed most of the gapps from mine, it's not hard.

>If I flash one of those factory images, do I have root access automatically or do I need to do that seperately?
You need to root it afterwards. This is done easily with Nexus Root Toolkit, though.
>>
Fucking retard, get NRT, flash Factory ROM, unlock, root, delete apps you don't want via System app remover, unroot and re-lock.

Posted from my N5
>>
>>51770944
breh, when you're done enjoying le CurryMod 'features' flash the damn thing with stock android. remove/freeze what you don't like with apps like tibu and xposed. profit?
>>
>>51771472
>>51771448
>>51771407
Right so get NRT, flash factory ROM from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images, remove bloat, profit?

Thanks guys.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-09-06-58-47.png (70 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-09-06-58-47.png
70 KB, 768x1280
>>51771318

>retard detected

Having 0 problems so far on this nightly. Running flawless for 4 months now. Learn to custom ROM fucking amateur
>>
>>51771801
Good for you. I do know how to custom ROM though, and I've probably been in that game for a lot longer than you. :^)
>>
>>51772127
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51770944
should have buy an iPhone
>>
So I flashed stock Android 6, rooted it by following these instructions http://wccftech.com/flash-and-root-nexus-5-on-android-6-0-1-mmb29k/ and found an app to remove system apps. Now I managed to uninstall shit like Google Play Books etc but the icons won't vanish from the tile menu thing and I can't hide them.
Reflashing stock and rooting again, then I'll call it a day I guess.
>>
>>51770944
>I installed CM12.1
why?
>>
>>51772573
Well done Pavel, Apple has transmitted 0,0001 cents to your bank account.
>>
>>51772767
They'll disappear when you reboot
>>
Stock Android is working for now. Missing some features from CM i like but I'll survive.
>>
File: Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif (2 MB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif
2 MB, 250x209
>Anything past KK
>>
Currently encrypting the damn thing again but I've been waiting around 2 hours now and it's still showing the boot screen (colorful animated dots). It was connected to the charger (and plugged in, duh)
>>
Should I get a nexus 5x or the 5?
>>
>>51770944
use caf you retard
hardware based encryption and more stable in some ways that aosp isn't
(or just don't use encryption at all)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.