[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/G/uys, do you see anything wrong with pic related? Wouldnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 111.png (252 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
111.png
252 KB, 406x364
/G/uys, do you see anything wrong with pic related?

Wouldnt it make playing on your phone a 100x better?Theyre not as fugly as the third party ones and they wont have the controller support issue.

I mean just why not?
>>
15 year old me wanted one of these so badly when it first came out. Too bad they turned out to be really shitty.
>>
>>51770262
>/G/uys, do you see anything wrong with pic related?
Yes, the specs. It wasn't good when it was released, and now it's just completely useless.
The screen is too small to be of any use without a proper hardware keyboard too.

It was a decent idea that was executed terribly, and because it was executed terribly it never took off.
>>
>>51770262
I meant why wont samsung and apple implement built in controllers to their phones?
>>
had one
was awesome
native PSX emulator was pretty nifty and it could play N64 games at an almost playable framerate. Rush 2 ran great.

Buttons were super low-profile and somewhat uncomfortable and the touchpad analog sticks never worked. Poor build quality and Android hated the slider. Eventually it just gave up unlocking when I opened it.

Like all Sony hardware, utterly brilliant for the month or two it works properly, and then it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>51770314
because it makes them thicker and the contemporary consumer wants a paper-thin status symbol, not a multifunction device.

The Play was pretty thick compared to other phones of its time, but I found it to be perfectly sized. Much better as a phone than a game console.
>>
>>51770262
>playing games on your phone
>playing games at all really
fuck, how childish are you that you can't wait an hour or two to get home from a social event where you could be talking to people or getting something done
>>
Still have mine. Will bust it out on occasion to play some crash bandicoot because I fucking can. Overall a decent phone. I do miss the days of physical buttons, even this style. Gotta learn to adapt I guess.
>>
>>51770350
>and the contemporary consumer wants a paper-thin status symbol, not a multifunction device.
That's what shareholders want you to think. Nobody I've ever asked IRL mentioned current (since like 2010) phone thickness as a detractor.
>>
>>51770262
Game controllers on phones are pretty useless IMO, physical keyboards are much more versatile and useful for more than games
>>
The specs were complete shit though. Bad battery life, little storage, too slow even for ps1 games.
>>
>>51770332
>1996 games on 2011 hardware
>barely playable

Now I understand.
>>
I want the Blackberry Priv. Someone tell me why I shouldn't waste money on it.
>>
File: moga–controller.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
moga–controller.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>Shit battery life
>overpriced
>Shit precision
>Bulky
>shit specs

Also pic related (bluetooth controller) will always be better even though it's bulky. Especially since it can charge your phone while you play vydia.
>>
Used to have one of these before the lock button broke and I had to get rid of it. Used to really enjoy the emulators on this, because I hate touchscreen controls. I wish they brought another one out but with much better specs and a better build quality, that would be cool.
>>
>>51770262
I had it when it was released. It was really cheap for a smartphone and I have a brickphone until them.
It was pretty bad. Too big, the "analog sticks" were shit, and was slow as fuck, but it was amazing for emulation, I remember having shitloads of hours Valkyrie Profile on that.
>>
>>51770262
I owned one
It was not great
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-09-14h00m53s938.jpg (168 KB, 978x957) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-09-14h00m53s938.jpg
168 KB, 978x957
What exactly is wrong with it?

With an extended battery in it, it's a great portable emulator.
>>
>>51770262
The controls , especially the analog "sticks" were so fucking bad
>>
File: 1430485687443.jpg (36 KB, 588x525) Image search: [Google]
1430485687443.jpg
36 KB, 588x525
>>51771241
>1-core CPU at 1.0 GHz
>512MB RAM
>400MB internal storage
>Adreno 205 GPU
>480p screen
>>
>>51771437
I'm pretty sure that's plenty enough to emulate most/all of the games that came out before 2000
>>
>>51771467
lol
>>
>>51771467
>>51771437
P.S. it's stupid anyways. Buy a PSP for retro emulation.
>>
>>51771479
Good point, but I don't take my handhelds everywhere I go. I take my phone however.
>>
>>51772542

Well, the big thing would be that noisy people don't really care THAT much about playing games - certainly not to the point where they'll would sacrifice other phone features to have some stupid controls. At that point, you just buy a handheld, which at least doesn't have all these shitty freemium "games"
>>
>>51770262
I had It . greater for few games but the ram was a joke and internal space did allow on 8 app top. Overall biggest buyers remorse ever
>>
>>51772542
Playing games on a computer is a valid usage of computers.
Gaming hardware is definitely technology. Desktop threads aren't.
>>
>>51770262
I want to you try playing DQ8 with that controller
>>
I don't need physical controls to play Love Live
>>
>>51770262
I'm surprised no phone manufacturer has made another phone with the same design since. I mean there's a lot of people who would like this.

First off, phone controller peripherals not only look retarded but have no storage sense. I'm not going to carry some shitty controller around with my phone. This design is not only built in and has storage-sense, but it also looks completely fine. Slide it back up and you've got an ordinary fully functioning phone. It wouldn't be too much work too. Just get a flagship phone, slap this design on, and you've got a top-spec phone which is excellent for emulating and playing android games, for the few good ones that there are.
>>
>>51770262
Honestly, they lag like shit. I've had one.
>>
>>51772542
>Buys a phone dedicated for games
>Doesn't play games on it
kek
I wonder how much competition a dedicated gaming phone would give to the 3DS
>>
>>51772542
We're talking hardware, not games
you silly sausage
>>
File: 1440648860267.png (263 KB, 523x372) Image search: [Google]
1440648860267.png
263 KB, 523x372
>>51770388
>It can only be used in social events
Do you even realize how retarded you are?
>>
File: reptilian_jew.jpg (90 KB, 483x534) Image search: [Google]
reptilian_jew.jpg
90 KB, 483x534
If there was a phone with Steam Controller style touchpads and customization it would genuinely threaten all handheld consoles
>>
>>51773087
Literally none?
You can't play Project Mirai on an Android phone.
>>
>>51771437
I had an Archos 70 with a 700MHz single core CPU and 256MB RAM with the same res (sounds like a POS tablet but 250GB storage in a tablet in 2011 made the thing worth it) All I really used the thing for was emulating 5th gen and under. The Xperia Play has a higher clock with I'm assuming similar or better microarchitecture and more RAM, I see no reason it couldn't do the same
>>
>>51774503
*same res screen
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.