[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought buying pre-built was worse. I saw this PC for $500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: whichoneisbetter.png (291 KB, 1784x874) Image search: [Google]
whichoneisbetter.png
291 KB, 1784x874
I thought buying pre-built was worse.

I saw this PC for $500 on newegg.
I thought building your own was better.
The pic on the right I did cost like $550.

The builds are simliar but the one on newegg has some offers that make it a little better.

Whats your opinion /g/?
>>
>>51769006
Go ahead and buy that glued together console shit then OP.
>>
>>51769006
Well your own build has a proper CPU cooler, you have a quality PSU. Good GPU.
You can be certain that the prebuilt has the stock AMD dogshit cooler, cheap housefire PSU and the cheapest, shittiest 750Ti. Also maybe the HDD is a refurb.
You just don't know what's in these shitboxes until you have it right in front of you.
>>
>>51769006
Why is that image such shit quality holy fuck anon
>>
Listen to me pal
>Go to your local dump and get whatever pc case you can scavenge
>Get the cheapest gtx 960 you can find
>Save up some more money and get the rest of the components
Getting a 750ti now is dumb, you could go better by buying a console
>>
>>51769006
>>51769174
stop resizing things in paint OP pls it's unreadable
>>
A S P E C T R A T I O
>>
>>51769152
Who is this?
>>
File: 64965594.gif (2 MB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
64965594.gif
2 MB, 300x213
>>51769270
I got a 750 Ti like three weeks ago, realized it was bad and sold it to my roommate's friend for more than I paid for it.
>>
>>51769407
Asshole
>>
>>51769350
what?
>>
>>51769270
What's so bad about the 750ti? Not OP, but it seems like a decent deal for just over 100 bucks...I was thinking about adding it to my cheapo build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zp72Jx what do you suggest I replace it with?
>>
>>51770132
Either a 270x or a gtx950 but as I already said the performance gap you get by jumping to a 960 or a 280/280x is a lot. There's a point in budget where you should really try to save 100$ more and get a way better pc, and this is that point
>>
>>51769006
well i can't see shit
>>
>>51769407
You should do that for a living, I know everyone that works in a high street tech store does.
>>
At the low end prebuilts are cheaper, sure. However, they always cheap out on the PSU, cooling and mobo. Power supply is the last place you want to cheap out on.

Also the 750ti is pretty damn shit now. It was great when it first launched but tech moves fast.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.