[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meta-Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: rms_1440005451991.png (158 KB, 449x300) Image search: [Google]
rms_1440005451991.png
158 KB, 449x300
Feel free to ask any /g/ meta question here.

I'll start with my thoughts.

It seems like /g/ and /vr/ like each other, but why the hate between /g/ and /v/? I'm browsing 4/g/, 8/tech/ and also 4&8/v/ and /vr/, just laughing about the wannabe *chan police.

What is this hate all about? Basically there are 2 kind of people in love with technology, - or not? What do you think.
>>
The problem is that /g/ is generally anti consoles, and a lot of /v/ related items are consoles. /vr/ usually uses emulators and the act of making them and maintaining them is slightly /g/ related
>>
>>51768879
How do you know a person with a phone problem is a /v/ person?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>51768879
You're right here. But that is maybe a sticky problem. I'd like to have a sticky for tech-problems and buy-recommendations like 8ch. That would remove much cancer threads.
>>
>>51768845
>2 kind of people in love with technology

And you think one of them is /v/? This thread is shit like all meta threads and /v/ is worse.
>>
>>51768901
Well, you're proofing the hate, but can you explain it too, or are you just folloing the meme herd? :^)
>>
>Metha-Thread
What happened to lo/g/os?
>>
/v/ uses /g/ as their personal tech support board, while /vr/ has their own threads for such things. You can only see so many "how do i build gayming PC 2 play fallout 4" threads every day before it gets on your nerves.
>>
>>51768845
/g/ doesnt love technology.
/g/ loves that smug sense of self satisfaction that only comes from alienating the physical people around you with technobabble.

/g/ actually doesn't know shit about practical IT or anything like that.
>>
>>51768845
/v/ is mostly the same audience as /g/, but the average age of posters on /v/ is about 10 years younger. We already hate technology enough here, on /v/ the only purpose anyone sees for computers and technology is spending more $$ on the latest gimmick shitgame or fapping to waifus.
>>
>>51768868
Video games and video game consoles are both consumer technologies and media. Expressing your distate for either and trying to force a migration to a potentially irrelevant board are different things.

If somebody wants to know what kind of games /g/ enjoys, it literally does not belong in /v/.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.