[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help 4channers I am a technology person and love technology and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: summerglauterminator.jpg (316 KB, 610x800) Image search: [Google]
summerglauterminator.jpg
316 KB, 610x800
Help 4channers I am a technology person and love technology and am surrounding myself with as much as I can ghost in the shell style. I am looking to have the best experience room to room as I am disabled and pretty much living from bed rest to the kitchen and living room

Anyways, lately I have been trying to fulfill my depressing life with the flow of technology. I am not the fanciest person but small pieces of technology here and there make me a happy person.

Right now my computer is pretty much top of the line. I am on a Windows 10 i7 3.5GHZ 8 GB RAM GTX 980 Ti. In the living room I have a LG Smart TV which is 4K and also purchased an XBOX ONE last week (mostly for Windows 10 streaming, and also mostly for Rise of the Tomb raider!).

I have a very high end Samsung tablet which I can do anything a tablet needs to do. Stream to the TV? Stream to the PC? (No, no wireless on the PC), use bluetooth for music and other things.

There was a sale at Best Buy last week I got some Sony bluetooth headphones for $99.99 and they sound absolutely stellar. After this I went and purchased a Sony bluetooth speaker that thumps incredibly loud for only 99.99 (the Sony X33 model!).

So, I have an iphone, 4k tv, xbox one, top of the line gaming pc with incredible PC speakers, top of the line android tablet, Sony bluetooth headphones, Sony bluetooth speaker (to take to the bathroom, and to the kitchen when I have the strength to leave my room).

I am on a "pain patch", Oxycontin, as well as percocet because of the disability and pain from the multiple surgeries. I cant get much farther than my room so I am basically giving myself all the high end sound available and my PC is very good. I went to best buy today and there was nothing I could think of that I could use! I seem to have everything a disabled person needs to enjoy all of these pieces of technology. Any other suggestions for technology that would benefit a disabled person? My quality of life is low.
>>
oh and it said I typed too much ... my disability doubtful will go away I have a chronic health disorder. I wish I could go exercise and go out and get a "real life" but this isjust now that I lost my job my friends my girl my everything so I am starting over but living with family while I get healthy.

As much as I am sure someone will say "why dont you go outside" because I cant.
>>
I'm going to need a tl;dr version. I'm not going to read your blog, just ask your question.
>>
>>51768169
I am disabled and have a hard time getting around my house due to severe pain. I am not allowed to drive or leave the house for the most part so I am bed ridden but dont want to spend all my time cooped up in my room. I am looking for technology that would benefit me such as bluetooth speakers since I purchased headphone and speakers that work wonders for my mood since I have no friends or people to talk to. I am looking for any technology that would help someone in my situation so I can enjoy things a little bit more. For instance I haven't heard of WiDI until yesterday and bluetooth is a fairly new concept to me.
>>
>>51768259
>>51768169
I'll make it even shorter OP
>me retarded
>me need audio equipment for retarded person
>me retarded
>me have no friends
>pls recommend tech
>me mention i retard?
>>
>>51768104
Do you work from home? How do you get money to buy technology?
>>
>>51768259
Sounds like Bluetooth everything would be ideal for you. Nvidia Shield would allow you to stream from your PC to a mobile tablet using WiFi.
Also, consider getting into an MMO if you're worried about loneliness. You can get pretty attached to your guildies.
>>
>>51768104
Fuck off, Eddie.
>>
There's only one thing for it OP : VR

You can bang your waifu everyday and fly in space
>>
Yeah, blog post but otherwise I would totally tell you to go outside.

I hate anime and I hate MMOs but in your case they seem perfectly valid. Get yourself a VR headset and one of those anime waife apps and a gaming headset so you can talk bantz with a clan on some sort of game of your choice. I fucking hated living with microphone-mmo dudes though cause they'd get drunk and shout in our small house, but if your bedroom is properly soundproofed/far away from your parents it shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>51768104
Who is this semen demon?
>>
File: 1391429121994.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1391429121994.gif
2 MB, 320x320
just go to twitch or join a gaming community if ur lonely
>>
Kobo Glo HD/Kindle Voyage?
>>
>>51768428
Terminator girl from terminator series.
>>
Bluetooth seems great I might even return the XBOX for a PS 4 since I would like to be able to have access to all the technology whatever room I am in. I've been streaming XBOX ONE rise of the tomb raider and doom alpha to the Windows 10 computer and it is aa really fun experience. I think a faster router would be a good investment since I get lag during the streaming but im also using a power line adapter for my internet connection.

I was just in the hospital the past 2 weeks so I am a little shakey sorry if I posted a dumb question since some people are mean.
>>
>>51768259
How about an oculus rift dk2, a htc vive, or a gear VR?

It's perfect for that kind of stuff, I've got a DK1 and even though the resolution sucks, I've had good times traveling in outer space and driving around cars.

A book is fine too
>>
>>51768487
I am unfortunately blind in my right eye so I can never experience VR (unless someone tells me otehrwise,) and I get motion sickness. I got hit by a wave in Hawaii and it made me throw up and go to the hotel room for the next day and not go swimming with the family. I get very motion sick so that might not work out.

Someone mentioned a kindle glo I imagine that I can have just as good as a reading experience on my Samsung tablet than needing Kindle. I did consider getting one but they were a little heavy and hurt my wirst since I have arthritis :(
>>
Get VR and enjoy fuck your waifu to pretending to be a normal person. But as soon as you take it off... your pain comes back.
>>
>>51768104
>kobo glo HD
>fiio x5
>Sennheiser HD 800
>Netflix
>>
>>51768513
Is this bait
>>
>>51768476
Don't worry about people being rude, it's 4chan culture.
Have you looked at a Wii U? The controller doubles as a screen to play it with. Also, the Nvidia Shield seems perfect if you want to play in any room. It just streams from your PC to the tablet.
>>
>>51768513
Reading on tablet is different than reading on an eBook reader. Reading on a eBook reader is much more comfortable especially for your eye(s).
>>
>>51768549
Thank you I should read more it is a fulfilling life thing. I think I might go buy a e-reader when they are on sale now that you mention it!

What is the recommendation? Why is the KOBO GLO HD being highly touted vs a KINDLE? I liked the kindle UI a LOT but I didnt like the weight of it.

Thanks for the suggestions. The coolest thing I've had so far is playing the XBOX ONE rise of the tomb raider on my Windows 10 PC in my room on a power line adapter while listening to the sound on bluetooth speakers behind me!

I didnt know about this stuff because all I did was work and play on my PC. I didnt need anything else I had a beautiful fiancee we had a miscarriage unfortunately but my life was going somewhere less than a few months ago. Maybe I should read it will help the stress of hoping I dont die soon!
>>
>>51768616
Kobo Glo HD is cheaper than Kindle Voyage while supporting more formats and having more configuration options, like fonts and turning the light off entrely. Same screen, same mass. Its lighting may be less even at lower brightness settings, and the interface may be clunkier in jarring ways. And no buttons so you need to tap to turn the page. You may like Kindle Voyage more if you're going to be paying for your books.
>>
>>51768616
If we confronts the two top tier (commercial) eBook right now we have the kobo glo HD and the kindle voyage. They have the same (high) resolution, the same 6" touch screen.
Pros of glo HD: costs less, read all eBook format, so you don't need to convert them.
Pros of voyage: from the review I see it has a better light (it's matter of nothing imo), it has soft touch button to change pages (which is convenient if you don't like to touch your screen to change pages).

All in all, I recommend glo HD. I have it, and it's one of the best purchase I have ever done.

PS: what happened to you? Just curious.
>>
>>51768616
>>51768717
>>51768721
Don't forget about B&N Nook GlowLight Plus
>>
>>51768104
A woman
>>
>>51768721
I was diagnosed with crohns disease in 2011 and throughout the past few years I've had a million dollars of medical work done due to the severity of the disease. I have managed to avoid getting my lowre intestine removed but the damage that has been caused is crippling. I've had multiple surgeries due to bone infections in that area and painful drainage tubes threaded through my rectum. It is very painful and I can hardly walk but it is to keep me from gaining more infections due to the high amount of steroids etc I have to take. I also developed osteoporosis and arthritis from the disease. I lost my job and my insurance and had to go live with my family. I am on food stamps and waiting for disability benefits hopefully since I can hardly walk through the house due to the pain I have endured throughout the past few years and surgeries. I am living with my 63 year old mother and that is why having technology is nice as she is disabled too so I am happy to not have to be around mother all day.
>>
>>51768104
>>51768104
4/10 troll only because of 22 replies
>>
So far we got
>blind on one eye
>arthritis
>crohns disease
>hard time moving at all
>severe pain
>fiancee had a miscarriage
>left him afterwards
>lost job
>lost friends
Damn son, you hit the jackpot huh?
>>
>>51768809
why would I troll that I am a disabled person looking for assistance in making my life better since I am stuck indoors?
>>
>>51768822
You think that's bad? I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep.
>>
>>51768803
Jeez man, I feel bad for you. Hope you will be good sooner or later.
>>
>>51768822
I used to have a very fulfilling life but yes the last few years have been tough. I could tell you about my ex girlfriend who the cops came multiple times and she went to a mental institution because she thought I wasn't real and my ID was fake and she said I followed her for 5 years before that. I wasn't even living in the same state. Oh there is also the girl I dated who got amnesia and claimed she had no boyfriend never to speak to me again despite stating she would marry me weeks before that and was planning to move to Utah where I was living.

I don't ask for much in this life, because where I am at no one wants to be. I am on the verge of homelessness but through good grace of those around me I have a place to live and food to eat. Treasure your health and never get an auto immune disorder is my advice.
>>
>>51768853
Bro that's rough
>>
>>51768803
You should try to find more enjoyment in using your stuff. You seem to be stuck in a cycle of only getting a "high" from buying things. It's unsustainable. ereaders are nice though. I've read way more since getting one because it doesn't make my eyes hurt. And I got it right before leaving the country for three weeks which broke most of my bad habits.
>>
>>51768846
Thanks. As of November I lost everything and had to go live with family due to the fact that my disease has wrecked every aspect of my life. As stated before I've spent the past 2 weeks in the hospital only to get out and have surgery planned next week. I will have another surgery probably in January as well. I am getting good health care and my mom loves me and no one else seemed to want to help me pick up any pieces. There was no severance package, nothing to help me on my journey towards the social security office. Life can be brutal. I've been in the hospital for nearly a month this year and my work wouldn't have it any longer.
>>
>>51768853
Brother if you know php by any chance or WordPress development I can offer you some small jobs to do
>>
>>51768872
This isn't necessarily the case, it is just that I am in a position right now where ALL of my money doesn't have to be filtered towards bills. I was paying $900 just for rent where I lived before. I have some money from savings and want to be happy since I've had so much non joy over the past few months. I lost everything and I'm coming to terms with that but I have a place to live and I'm still above the ground. I think I am going to get an E-READER because it seems this might be a good thing for me now that I think about it. I can listen to m headphones, and E-READ on the couch. . that way I am not always in the room.
>>
>>51768513

You don't need two eyes to see
>>
This guy seems pretty cool desu senpai
>>
VR is the dream m8
>>
Thanks for the advice again I have decided to get a KOBO GLO HD I believe because while typing in thi spost I realized I love to read and no one can laugh at mefor finding myself in a story like my favorite authors John Steinbeck. It will hel-p calm the life and the frustration from having to always beo n pain medicines.
>>
>>51769061
oh wow that is a bit more than I thought it would cost. Is there a good e-reader for less than 100 dollars ?
>>
>>51769089
There's a lower resolution Kindle for $80. I don't think it's worth it at 600x800.
>>
>>51769144
you're right for only about 30 bucks I can get a KINDLE PAPERWHITE but which one is the best for someone with sensitive eyes and would like a good reading experience? I get distracted easily so I need my book to not hurt my eyes or wrist while reading. I tried to read on a KINDLE FIRE and a SAMSUNG GALAXY but they both hurt my wrist a lot. I might be out of luck since everything I do is painful in life.
>>
>>51769189
30 more dollars ... 80 vs spend 120 on the more expensive better one only 30 dollar difference might be worth it! I really want to get an E-READER now too bad I cant get one at best buy and dont have a bank account so I cant buy it online yet until I can get a bank account.
>>
>>51769189
Any e-reader that uses electronic paper is great, makes it just like reading an actual book. I'd stay away from the high-end ones, they're not really woth it in my opinion. I got my Kobo for like $70 and it does everything I want it to, I think the only tangible difference between different brands will be the user interface. That said, if you want to read in the dark getting one with a backlight's a good idea.
>>
>>51768835
Oh you bastard. That was the first thing I thought of when reading his list of ailments
>>
Media centre PC / media server hooked up to 4k TV to stream Steam games from PC, access 4K Youtube and Netflix content, and either play or stream your media files to any other device in your home.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.