[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to "accidentally" break a computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: 1435907635796.png (16 KB, 396x634) Image search: [Google]
1435907635796.png
16 KB, 396x634
Need help on how to break a computer that it is beyond repair whilst making it look like an accident. Something more permanent than deleting system 32, since windows can restore that. I need it to be incredibly frustrating, suicidal even. This purely educational of course :)
>>
>>51766681
europoor? flip the voltage selector on the psu
americlap? water in the psu
>>
>>51766681
Figure it out on your own for maximum education
>>
>>51766681
Kill yourself of course :)
>>
Vigorously rub a woolen sweater against your hands for 2 minutes and then gently caress the motherboard
>>
static electricity on cpu
>>
>>51766681
DBAN+Magnet+Sugar in the gas tank
>>
Ethkill or ethernet to Edison it's pretty effective
>>
What's wrong? You want your mom to buy to you new MacBook™ for christmas?
>>
>>51766681
wave a high powered magnet over the motherboard chip. update the mobo to a broken BIOS. bend a pin on the CPU.
>>
killer ethernet?
psu switch?
break off heatsink partially or break fan?
fuck with the cpu pins?
touch a soldering iron to random parts of mobo?
rub a magnet on the harddrive?
replace thermal paste with semen?
few drops of water on mobo?
heatgun?
dangerous oc?
set it on fire?
>>
>>51767228
and>>51767177
with>>51767165
and>>51767123
>>
>>51767228
start a bios update and remove power
>>
But... why?
>>
Unplug the 24pin connector from the motherboard while the computer is turned off, stick the plug a pot of water then turn the power supply on but make sure you're holding the pan up off the ground so it doesn't pickup conductivity from the ground
>>
>>51767291
this
>>
take off the cpu heatsink, wipe off all the thermal paste, put it back. Or just like... open in and cut a few wires.
>>
>>51767302
this. Snip sata cables.
>>
Spill orange juice in it. Killed my old membrane keyboard dead.
>>
>>51767302
>>51767340
>"oh looks like my computer's broken... someone must have accidentally cut the cables"
>>
Stop being a nigger
>>
>>51767256
Did this by accident when I was a teenage twat. Confirmed for being a good method.
>>
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

>install gentoo
>>
File: oh pylly.jpg (50 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
oh pylly.jpg
50 KB, 560x432
>>51767221
this
or maybe his old gayming pc is not good enough for fallout 4
>>
>>51766681
go into the bios and overclock the cpu without sufficient cooling.
>>
Replace thermal paste with insulator
Break fans
Install AMD gpu
>>
>>51768575
>Install AMD gpu

Kek'd
>>
>>51768212
It'll just shut down and reset cmos
>>
boot linux livecd. wipe drives, single zero overwrite is fine. use flashrom to wipe the bios firmware. physically destroy the SPI flash chip, smash hdd platters, cum on heatsink
>>
>>51769527
beat cpu pins with a meat tenderizer, take an electric sander to all of the components on the motherboard, drop motherboard into a bucket filled with tap water
>>
>>51767279
Warranty claims maybe
>>
>>51766681
Can't you just rub your feet on the carpet and then touch the motherboard?
>>
>>51769544
suffer the ramsticks to a fire, shit on the ram slots and press it into them, use the graphics card for target practice
>>
Boot with live disk on usb, wipe drive, say you didn't know it would delete windows.
>>
use piss as a substitute for a water cooled system
>>
Delete some lines in registry
>>
http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/
won't look exactly like an accident on examination but you can just assert that it was a random hardware issue
just act like a retarded windows baby (shouldn't be too hard for someone insurance claiming their GAYMING PC XDDD to get better parts) and claim that you don't understand what happened, you were using it and heard a big pop and everything turned off
>>
static schock the fuck out of everything you see

connect 230(or120) volt to the cpu and mobo
>>
>>51769652
If his pc has an unbroken warranty sticker, they cant blame him though.
>>
>>51766681
lend it to the black guy upstairs watching cp while playing loud nigerian music
>>
>>51766681
Flash a new bios but kill the power half way through. It destroyed my laptop motherboard

The only fix was installing a new motherboard. It was a pain in the ass!
>>
>>51768074
le ebic gentoo maymay :D :D
>>
>>51767256
This. Confirmed it works on accident. It was devastating.
>>
>>51769574

>le static emp meme

He asked for the safe way, not the meme way
>>
>>51766681
Install linux
>>
>i-i don't know what happened mommy boo hoo I need a new rig
>>
>>51766681
apply 9 volts to random parts of motherboard
>>
>>51766681
Turn off thermal throttling in BIOS. Remove CPU cooler. Boot.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.