[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 152101REDSchwartzWin10[1].jpg (35 KB, 647x450) Image search: [Google]
152101REDSchwartzWin10[1].jpg
35 KB, 647x450
What does Microsoft have to do in order to make Windows 10 a good operating system?
>>
>>51763012
nuke it from orbit and start over ?
>>
It's a pretty good OS right now.
>>
Ground up fixing to appeal to power users. They're getting better, but there's still no option for custom shells, custom window managers, even custom themes without extreme patching which leads to inevitable instability. :/
>>
>>51763085
Will these things be added later or will Microsoft decide to just say fuck it and make Windows 11?
>>
>>51763012
Hire more POO IN THE LOO shills to shill it even harder on a Taiwanese cardboard smugglers forum.
>>
>>51763012
>remove ads
>remove telemetry
>remove the annoying pushes
>remove the even number
>remove the driver issues
>remove the os operating blocks
>remove microsoft
>>
>>51763148
What ads?
>>
>Remove telemetry
That's it
>>
>>51763085
Ground up fixing to appeal to hipster minimalists. They're getting better, but there's still no option for custom shells, custom window managers, even custom themes without extreme patching which leads to inevitable instability. :/

FTFY

Look, custom shells, window managers, and themes are not power user tools. They're ricer tools. PowerShell and a little programming knowledge will do anything functional you want to do on a machine. There's a difference between a power user and someone who wants to click on a different part of the screen to get to the start menu.
>>
File: POO.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
POO.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
>>51763012
First thing in the morning, what do I see? A pile of shit staring at me. I close my eyes, I step away. No matter where I go, there’s no getting away. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo?

I step out on the street. What do I smell? Shit that’s stinky to high hell. I hold my breath, I step away. But everywhere I go, there’s no getting away.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Shit, not shit, this shit, that shit. Let’s see now. Let me check. Happy birthday. Happy birthday.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>51763201
>>51763197

I feel like they never will they will just keep calling it something else.
In fact they fucking have at least once:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/24/windows-10-automatic-spying-begins-again/
>>
Fixing the driver issues would be a plus. It's not really any more demanding than Vista, and they offer a free upgrade path from any machine with 7, but it goes full retard on not installing/using some "legacy" drivers or drivers for obscure hardware such as IR receivers.
>>
>>51763012
make telemetry opt-out and all the privacy nuts will have to stfu

that is pretty much it
>>
>>51763012
Not having it be able to remove shit without your permissions as a way to enforce antipiracy.
>>
>>51763012
Make it open source along with DirectX.
>>
Bundle RAM Doubler with it. Double your RAM double your pleasure.
>>
>>51763012
install gentoo
>>
1. Make the OS as modular and lightweight as possible allowing users to choose whether they want to use it for tablet crap or want it entirely desktop. maybe they dont want skydrive and cloud bullcrap

2. make it easy to customize looks. if someone makes an overhaul to make it look like classic, make it easy for people to be able to do that

3. get rid of the spyware and telemetry and NSA crap

4. increase software and driver compatibility. I want to be able to run everything just like windows 7 does it

5. remove the advertisements. get rid of them nobody cares.

6. make it easy and familiar, you had it right with windows 7...what went wrong?

all in all basically think about helping the customer rather than thinking about how you can take advantage of the customer. stop being unethical pieces of garbage. moneys cool and everything but if you focus on not being a piece of garbage and being nice instead then youll get money

seriously its not that hard. stop being pieces of crap
>>
>>51763012
Realize that they cannot get away with the shit that Google pulls regularly, and modify the privacy and customization related stuff accordingly.

They also need to cut back on a lot of the crap inside. Why does Win10 run 60 fucking processes on a normal boot, for one? Unfortunately, cutting the bloat from there would cause ridiculous application and driver incompatibilities.
>>
>>51763148
>driver issues
never had any of these issues with spybot anti beacon and classic shell desu senpai
>>
rebase it on top a linux kernel tbqh familee
>>
>>51763652

1/7
>>
>>51763201

>Implying you can't remove it yourself.

You know, for a bunch of faggots always complaining of not being able to change something in a piece of software, you sound like Apple cock suckers looking for "It just werks"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.