[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bitches in Tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
Convince me that Women In Tech movement is not your typical feminist bullshit thing.
I'm just not buying this.

It all really boils down to - the fact - that bitches generally have no interest in Computer Science. They don't study it in university (or if they do, they often flunk out).
As a consequence the proportion of bitches/virgins in tech is like 5 to 100 or however-the-fuck-low the ratio is.

Naturally if you're one-of-the-few bitches who have genuine interest in IT, you'll have some challenges. Much like I would have to face some challenges if I were to poke my head into a bitches dominated field.

But if you have a genuine interest, a small inconvenience here or there is not going to stop you.

Key point: everyone who wants to be in tech, is already in it.

Programming in general is a field where skill is greatly appreciated. If you're good, you're gonna get respect. It's that simple.

If you - on the other hand - are going to make drama, and constantly point out that you have a pussy and expect special treatment, you're not going to get any respect or mercy.
>>
>bitches
this is why we need feminism
>>
>>51763050
Do you know where you are, you dumb cunt?

This is why we need 4chan.
>>
OP sounds like a neanderthal.
>>
>>51763050
>muh PTSD
>>
>>51763127
Let's not let the method of verbalization overshadow the fact that he does make some valid points.
>>
>>51763174
Actually, let's do exactly that. Grow up, kids
>>
>>51763079
i love you
>>
This.

Technology is too fucking important to run into the ground because of bullshit sociopolitical nonissues.

These fucking cunts already got Eich exiled from mozilla and played a role in turning firefox to shit.

These asswipes are not just ruining everything even remotely relevant to them, they're ruining actual important things.

If you want to be in tech, learn to fucking program. It's that goddamn simple.
>>
>>51763263
>If you want to be in tech, learn to fucking program. It's that goddamn simple.
But women aren't good at programming and they know it.
They call you misogynistic for insisting that there must be a minimum level of competence before you're allowed to have an opinion on the industry.

And they're getting away with it too.
Go look at the githubs of any professional victim "woman in tech" they have never written a single line of computer code. All they do is pull request changes to comments because that's all they know how to do.
>>
>>51763174
It doesn't overshadow anything.

He has precious few points to make anyway, except to make clear that he is a banal dullard.
>>
>>51763000
>be me, 15 or so, interested in coding
>sister, 14, thinks its interesting and wants to learn
>parents tell her that coding is 'not for girls' and dont let me teach her 'that weird nerdy shit'
>tfw sister could be a programmer
the only valid point here is to stop portraying STEM as the boys club, its fucking stupid, and so were my parents.
>>
>>51763381
So they let you become a weird nerdy computer eunuch and not your sister?
Clearly they valued your sister more than you.
>>
>>51763316
Where is your input?
Can you talk about anything other than your brittle *feelings*?
>>
>>51763263
Well the problem with feminists in tech is that they don't want to learn how the program. Officially they say that they shouldn't need to and that their non-technical skills are just as valuable, if not even more valuable in tech and they should this get the red carpet treatment.

My personal feeling is that the real reason they don't want to learn how to actually program is that they'd then end up being measured against women who are genuinely interested in programming. Then the results of their lack of interest would become a serious obstacle and due to being compared to women actually interested in programming, who compare very favorably to men interested in programming, they couldn't even use the traditional "misogyny" card.

From what I've seen so far at least the following companies/organizations have fallen for the meme:
>The FSF
>The EFF
>The Mozilla foundation
>Twitter (thou the boss of this quit after he got pissed off when they refused to lower the bar for his diversity hires)
>Microsoft (thou their focus has mostly been on workshops and learn-to-code stuff)
>Intel (thou they're putting their diversity hires in a separate division so they don't hinder actual product development)
>Apple (thou it's mostly limited to their retail side)
>The GNOME foundation (almost went bankrupt at one point because of this)
>The Wikimedia foundation
>>
>>51763425
I would say you left out Google, but they practically invented diversity hiring policies in tech.
>>
>>51763381
>>51763381
Arguably, women - more so than men - play a key role in defining what's cool and what's not.
>>
>>51763381
And you listened to them? You idiot
>>
File: 1440571349956.jpg (67 KB, 706x655) Image search: [Google]
1440571349956.jpg
67 KB, 706x655
>>51763381
Do you have a family now? How about her? I would never let my daughter do something so fucking autistic if I could.
>>
>>51763416
Why bother? I'm making fun of OP because I've had enough conversations with reactionaries to know that I won't convince him.
>>
>>51763425
ugh
all of these corps and foundations are/were decent and helpful in the world (sans microsoft and apple). why does this have to happen like this?
>>
>>51763631
if you don't support women in tech you're on the wrong side of history
>>
>>51763631
Because a bunch of people decided to co-opt the concept of oppression and apply it to everything that they have to put effort into.

If you think women should learn to program before going into a programming field, you're a misogynistic asswipe who deserves to die.

This is what that world has become. I'm just waiting for it all to come crashing down before I kill myself.
>>
>>51763630
You don't have valid arguments, do you?
>>
>>51763700
You don't think men across the world won't turn around and bitchslap women back to the 1940s in a few years/decades? Cultures where women got too uppity have appeared all over the centuries but the pendulum always swings back.
>>
>>51763649
i do, however not in the way where it drives companies into the ground.
>>
>>51763503
Oh yes, Google... Thought I was missing something when I got to the end of the list.
>>
>>51763700
This has to be a joke.
A bait, a troll or a fat and exceedingly ugly feminist.
>>
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

Replaces bitches with nigger. Reads a little bit different, huh?
>>
>>51763649
What does "supporting women in tech" entail exactly?

Putting gender quotas?
>>
>>51763079
>c*nt
>>
>>51763700
>If you think women should learn to program before going into a programming field, you're a misogynistic asswipe who deserves to die.

Why the fuck do people think this targets women exclusively, like a barrier to entry that only applies to female applicants?
You know what a man has to do if he wants to get into a programming field?
He needs to learn to program first, like everyone else.

Are they basically admitting they're too stupid to do what men do?
>>
>>51763787
> Not realizing I was being sarcastic about knowing how to program not being necessary

And way to take what you thought was bait, pal.
>>
>>51763745
But you do realize that the ways that don't drive companies are misogynist, racist and homophobe? You can't measure men vs women, whites and asians vs other races and non-cis vs cis on the same yardstick!! YOU SHITLORD!!!
>>
Promoting [minority] in [industry] should never be done at the corporate level. The reason they're minorities in the first place is because fewer of them pursue a degree in that field.

If you want to truly diversify the workforce, introduce these things to children so that they may build an actual interest in them which they will carry into college when deciding what they want to be
>>
>>51763722
What kind of response are you hoping for? I'll never convince you either and you know it. You guys will either learn in due time empirically that your views are bizarre and unhealthy, or you won't that will be that.

Ultimately there are worse things to be angry at, there are a lot of problems and people to be angry at. I think your anger at the state of society is misdirected. The real problem is broader than any kind of identity politics.
>>
>>51763800
Nope not at all. Reads EXACTLY the same.
>>
>>51763836
They pretty much are, but don't tell them that.

You have no right to complain about women not being in tech unless you are a woman who actually knows how technology works, and even then only if you somehow were actually locked out based on your gender (this is a meme).

It's just a bunch of fucktards trying to bring "equality" while in fact going against everything that they claim ("women can do anything men can do! Just don't ask them to prove it!") and shitting up all of our industries.

It's all bullshit, and it's going to collapse soon.
>>
>>51763872
thank you. you understand
>>
>>51763836
Well they do actually demand a lowered bar and the red carpet treatment for women, people of color and those who aren't straight. However if you ever try to suggest this being an admission of them admitting that the people, they'll go completely insane with rage and start going on about how this red carpet treatment is necessary because of people like you who try to block access into the tech sector for the people they claim to be championing.
>>
There's a female programmer at my company. One day this new hire who was some MRA type went to her desk and said: "Hey little girl, why don't you go make us a sandwich and leave the programming to us men?" He talked other kinds of shit too, and a crowd gathered around them. She just smirked, said "watch this" and pulled out a second keyboard. She started typing on both of them at the same time, so fast that we could barely keep up. She wrote an operating system in Assembly in just five minutes and it booted on the first try. We were all stunned into silence, except for the new guy who got mad and said: "Time to teach you a lesson, bitch!" and lunged at her. She casually unleashed a deadly barrage of martial arts attacks, instantly severing his spine (keep in mind this guy was built like an NFL quarterback). The whole office broke into applause. He was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics, and our CEO announced she would become his successor effective immediately, before castrating himself and jumping off the roof with a smile on his face. The whole office broke into applause. She said: "If any of you boys want to learn some coding, my door is always open," tipped her fedora, turned around 360 degrees and walked away. I was so impressed and so in awe that when I got home I told my girlfriend that we're buying a strap-on.

This really happened.
>>
>>51763000
From my experience:
Comp. Sci. is filled with neckbeard faggots that swarm them/ treat them like precious wifus as soon as they enter a computer lab. For obvious reasons they feel uncomfortable and most leave the program eventually. The point of the movement is to make women less abnormal so that peeps don't lose their shit at the sight of one.
>>
>>51763909
Women are generally not encouraged to pursue these fields. Men on the other hand are. This mostly happens subconsciously. You can disagree all you want, but it's the truth.

What's wrong with encouraging women to get into tech fields? Nothing. Dumb asses like you get offended for some reason though.

Should we not help people in poverty? I mean obviously they know how to not be poor.
>>
>>51763951
Nice fake pasta
>>
>>51763967
Can't we just segregate men and women in CS programs?
They don't work well together.
You can cite the thousands of other ways men and women already self-segregate anyway.
>>
>>51763992
But then feminists can't blame men for such a small number of females passing
>>
>>51763872
The problem is that these political correctness activists want results as fast as possible and they don't care about what kind of discriminatory methods are needed or what kind of work environments and productivity will ensue. All that matters to them is getting as many of these people into well paying tech sector jobs and making firing of the incompetent ones among them as difficult as possible.

Getting people actually interested in this from an early age and then measuring them against the same yardstick as everyone else is definitely the correct way to go. However this doesn't necessarily produce the end result that the political correctness movement wants so they're totally against this approach without the discriminatory hiring practices and access to training.

I've lost count of the times I've had people try to argue about how important diversity is in the tech sector based on the personal experiences of themselves or someone else who's been at a code workshop or university group course with mixed racial groups. The idea of how weak anecdotal evidence is simply doesn't compute for them or they always continue to go on about how I can't disprove their anecdotal evidence so they have to be right.
>>
>>51763976
> Encouraging women to learn to program
> Lowering the bar for them and basically making qualifications unnecessary

They've gone too far. Maybe they should stop making this a gender issue and just shill tech to everyone equally and let the people who will learn learn.

>>51763967
Get someone to tell the neckbeards to stop.
>>
>>51763833
> feminism
>>
>>51763976
You're a faggot and you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>51763967
My personal experience is completely different from the meme you're repeating again. It's been repeated over and over again both here on /g/ and by the feminists out to the point of just being dull. Unlike what Joseph Goebbels is claimed to have said, repeating a lie often enough does not make it true.

In my experience if anything the men in CS programs are shy and simply DON'T approach women. Some attention whores may not like this, but for most women this is not what drives them away. What drives them away is the nature of the actual work. There's plenty of maths and if you're not into it, programming can be incredibly dull. However most importantly specially the early stages of learning, which are very much learning by doing, is a pretty solitary and anti-social activity.

Psychologists have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that women are more sociable and as a result seek more sociable ways to solve problems. When these less sociable solutions aren't available in learning how to solve problems women naturally won't like it.

Sometimes there just are differences between what kinds of work men and women are more inclined to go into. Nobody complains about men going more often into manual labor than women or women going into healthcare or the service industry more often than men, so why should people complain about men going into tech more often than men?

I'm actually being slightly dishonest here because I already know the answer. I've heard it from many feminists when confronted with this question and their reply is always the same. You may ask what do they reply? Well that they always reply is that it's not about fixing gender imbalances, but instead about getting more women into cushy and well paid tech jobs. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>51763976
The problem is not that women are being encouraged to pursue these fields. Instead the problem is that to get women to pursue these fields they're lowering the bar and pretty much rolling out the red carpet for women.

Nobody complains about stuff like the hour of code initiative, what they do complain about is when to achieve these "diversity" goals heavy handed discrimination is being used and people are hired and given training not on their merits or readiness to learn, but simply their gender.

Simply put: As long as women are treated equally, nobody on the "anti-diversity" side has a problem, but the problem is that men and women aren't being treated equally and women are being heavily favored simply get them hired into the tech sector based on their gender.
>>
>>51764217
Women who are equally qualified should be given equal opportunity in hiring decisions for tech jobs. Anyone who argues against that is simply a moron.

However, that is not what seems to be happening in the tech industry at this time. There is a cohort of very vocal and obnozious feminists who want unqualified women to be handed jobs that they haven't earned. They really just need to quit whining, do the work, get the degree, and learn the skills. There are a lot of folks like myself in decision making positions in the industry who will happily, even eagerly, hire a woman for a tech job if she is truly qualified. But please don't try to force me into "affirmative action" based on your genitalia. It's just stupid and it is harming your cause in the long run.
>>
>>51764401
>like myself in decision making positions in the industry
I'm in the middle of getting my CS degree right now. Other than good grades, is there anything you would recommend I do in order to boost my chances of getting hired right out of college? I'm lucky enough to have never worked a job a day in my life and I'm worried it will reflect very negatively on me
>>
>>51764652
Two options:
1. Get a job/internship
2. Develop a portfolio

For work experience, see if your university has any student positions that relate to your field or try to find a part-time job/internship (preferable paid) that can work around your schedule.

To build a portfolio, you can work on open-source projects, build clones of popular apps, or build you own website (depending on what you want to be doing).
>>
>>51763000
Women get along better with other people.

For this reason alone they will come to dominate all forms of the tech industry as time passes on this planet.
>>
>>51765526
>Women get along better with other people.
haha
hahahahahaha
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.