[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these glowing keyboards worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: glowing keyboard.jpg (207 KB, 1146x670) Image search: [Google]
glowing keyboard.jpg
207 KB, 1146x670
I havent bought one ever, are they good quality over the generic ones?
>>
Glowing as in backlight or mechanical?
>>
I have that ttesports commander keyboard. It's actually not bad other than the gaudy "gamer" bullshit. typing is decent for a membrane keyboard and the back light of enough to see the keys at night without blinding you
>>
>>51762260
I have a Logitech G110. The back-lit keys are pretty useful whenever I take my hands off the keyboard and need to find the homerow again in the dark.
>>
Back light is only good if you sit in the dark a lot. Most people keep at least a lamp or desk lamp on, but it can be useful if you're in the dark. You'd do MUCH better buying a no frills keyboard that has mechanical switches honestly.
>>
>" are they good quality over the generic ones?"

yes obviously

leds = 10%+ typping velocity
>>
>>51763325
I actually use it to help judge the distance between keys with my peripheral vision.
>>
>>51763327
kek
>>
>>51763620
Are you stupid? Just learn how to type you idiot.
>>
>>51763753
That's what I'm doing, trying to learn how to better type without looking
>>
File: nep.jpg (43 KB, 389x369) Image search: [Google]
nep.jpg
43 KB, 389x369
>>51763854
>over 18
>cant type without looking
>>
>>51763325
Have any examples of a no frills mech keyboard that isn't crazy expensive?
>>
Backlighting isn't needed if you can type half decently, but can come in handy now and then.

I've been thinking I want a new mechanical keyboard, and may get the new Ducky Shine 5.
>>
>>51764965
cm storm
>>
>>51764472
sorry I have a life....
>>
>>51765420
embarrassing
>>
File: God+damn+it.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
God+damn+it.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>>51764472
>4th year computer engineering
>45/50 guys at class can't touch-type
>>
>>51765476
>tfw have been touch typing for so long I consciously forgot the location of keys
>>
>>51765476
who cares? are you autistic?
>>
>>51763327
>typing velocity

kek
>>
>>51762260
Backlights are solely for aesthetic choice and only if you can solder

Otherwise they offer no tactical advantages whatsoever unless you're one of those cūcks who can't touchtype
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.