[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the reasons not have use Mac-only devices, other than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rette.jpg (94 KB, 728x509) Image search: [Google]
rette.jpg
94 KB, 728x509
What are the reasons not have use Mac-only devices, other than not having a decent job? They just work, have awesome build quality and perform much better than the alternatives.
>>
They aren't worth it.
>>
>>51755558
I thought whaling is illegal
>>
>>51755558
>What are the reasons not have use Mac-only devices
my job
oh, and i'm not gay
>>
>>51755558
>we wuz stealin yo wemyn white boi whatchu gon do bout dat
>>
>>51755558
I've never seen that image before.
>>
>>51755558
Careful on your opening pic anon. This isn't /b

See
>>51755645
>>
Why do people put the date inside the photo in ugly yellow font when exif data exists?
>>
>other than not having a decent job
Are you saying chemical engineering, and engineering in general, aren't decent jobs?
Because they require a mix of Windows and Linux, and MAC is a waste of money and time. MAC is only good for programming, and as a facebook machine.
>>
>>51755558
Let me start:
>quality built, means shitty keyboard and no fucking heat reduction of any kind. Have fun cooking eggs on your aluminium plate.
>they just work, except when you want to do any kind of work or multi tasking. It will literally vurn a hole in the table and get slow as fuck in half a year because of overhesting
>decent job, marketing , hr and other browser and text edit using bottom tier jobs sure
>that ecosystem

The only good things about a macbook are screens, and touchpad. Neither of which you would use for any kind of serious work.

My x220 outperforms my 2015 macbook pro for any kind of serious work. Wins browsing and yt tho
>>
>>51755558
I do use OS X, but a Hackintosh beats out the current line of Mac Pros anyday.

I would definitely consider an MBP and iPhone if I needed a new laptop or phone, but I have cheaper alternatives for the time being.
>>
>>51755810
Ill correct you on the programming bit

Mac is only good for programming stuff for other macs. Even then the shit keyboard and no trackpad and limited access to os ruin the whole thing
>>
>>51755558
>They just work
fluff term
>have awesome build quality
perhaps on a few products
>and perform much better than the alternatives.
Simply false
>>
>>51756219
>Mac is only good for programming stuff for other macs.
As someone who is currently on OSX programming a backend which will run on Linux- I do not agree.

>shit keyboard
Up for debate.

>and no trackpad
What?

>and limited access to os
What the what now? I can access anything I want. (If you're talking about SIP, that's fucking trivial to turn off and it's the first thing I did.)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.