[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have 120MB/S download but for some reason my torerents only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: speed.jpg (126 KB, 1133x543) Image search: [Google]
speed.jpg
126 KB, 1133x543
So I have 120MB/S download but for some reason my torerents only go for 1415KB/S

how the hell do I get faster download? It should have over 500 seeds so I was expecting the torrent to be downloaded within an hour or so but it takes almost a day
>>
>>51755097
this happens alot btw

what is causing this? sometimes I download over 10000kb/s but now its only 1000 or so, and the seeds are the same (both very high numbers of seeds)

why is this?
>>
Perhaps your ISP is throttling p2p traffic. Try using a VPN and see what kind of speeds you're getting then.
>>
>>51755150
what is a good vpn i can use now to test this? or does it cost money?
>>
File: Screenshot_142.jpg (4 KB, 127x232) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.jpg
4 KB, 127x232
>>51755097
>over 500 seeds
kek
this was with 15-20 seeders the other night.

~145mbps

Private trackers always give me good speeds.
>>
071?
>>
>>51755168
yeah so what is the problem?

>>51755171
close
>>
>>51755201
>yeah so what is the problem?
stop using public trackers with shitty seeders

also, private internet access is $40 a year. I've had them for 3 years and never get throttled on torrents.
>>
bump

wtf is the reason guys? I pay for 120mb/s for a reason but its useless if i dont get the speed in torrents which is the main reason i purchased this insane high ammount of speed

any help is greatly appreciated
>>
>>51755262
it had over 500 seeds

normally when i download an episode of an serie its downloaded within a matter of seconds once it gets up to speed
>>
OP is retarded. There's a difference between MB/s and Mbps.
>>
>>51755324
yes true but irrelevant

either way its slower than its supposed to be so i wonder why
>>
>>51755324
Yes but if you weren't totally retarded youd see he's not even getting a tenth of the speed he should be
>>
>>51755335
your ISP probably throttles P2P connections, get a VPN or use a SOCKS5 proxy or something.
>>
>>51755526
MAy I be a total dick and ask for a short spoonfeed cause im straight retarded when it comes to technology and just wanna get the speed im paying for

thanks a lot love u
>>
Need a VPN? Get betternet.
>>
>>51755549
Your ISP sees your traffic and automatically limits it to an artificially slow speed.

They see you connecting to 50+ seeders and know that generally means pirating. Now unless they are going to be packet sniffing, they wont actually know what you're doing, but with enough connections like that, they know it's P2P (peer 2 peer) and feel safe in throttling the connection.

To bypass this you may need to use a VPN, which basically acts as an extra server between you and your seeders.

What your ISP sees right now is.
You > ISP > seeders

What a VPN does is act as a middle man to hide who you're connecting to. With a VPN your ISP would see this
You > ISP > VPN > ? (seeders)

The ISP can't see what the VPN is connecting to, just that you are connected to some random VPN server. When your ISP sees this, they don't know for sure what you are doing and so their system will not automatically throttle the connection like a normal P2P connection.

Private internet access is a well known and cheap VPN to use, I would NOT recommend using a free VPN as they have slow speeds and are not secure.
>>
>>51755097
You don't have 120MB/s you have 120Mbps you retard

8 megabit=1 Mega Byte

120mpbs=15MB/s
>>
>>51755691
ok cool but its still 100 times slower than what im supposed to get
>>
>>51755691
and he is getting 1.4MB/s

about 1/10th the 15MB/s he should be getting.
>>
>>51755649
thank you then i will try to get that private inernet access thing you mean
>>
>>51755097
ctrl + G retard
>>
>>51755708
Oops sorry misread

>>51755707
It's 10 times not 100
Differentiate between Megabit and Mega Byte FFS
>>
>>51755730
whats the difference between ctr f and ctr g because both open the search field

>>51755745
yeah you get the point, its slower than supposed to be
>>
>>51755763
It might be the torrent client you're using that's the fault
I dunno
>>
>>51755649
How good is private Internet access?
Actually I don't really need a VPN but having one wouldn't be to bad. Any other suggestions ?
>>
>>51755812
im using bitcomet and i always was pretty happy with it
>>
>>51756038
I have used PIA for 3 years and never once received a torrent letter from my ISP, nor been throttled.

I originally used them to watch the 2012 London olympics on BBC iplayer since the NBC online watching tools were garbage. Just used the VPN to grab a UK IP address and started watching directly on the BBC site.

$40/year is probably about as cheap as you will find. It gets you access to a TON of VPN servers as well as a SOCKS5 proxy if you just want to mask what you're doing and dont need full encryption or anything.
>>
Why do I keep getting messages posting is disabled from this IP range on 4chan?
>>
>technology board
>anons can't work out download speeds
kek
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.