[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I made a guest account on my computer so friends etc wont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pcgaming.jpg (293 KB, 1280x752) Image search: [Google]
pcgaming.jpg
293 KB, 1280x752
So I made a guest account on my computer so friends etc wont fuck around on my PC but I cant really find where I set the permissions. Like they are allowed to open a browser and go to youtube and play games, but where do I set the permissions?
>>
>>51754031
>owning anything specifically for digital toys
>>
>>51754031
What permissions do you want to set? They can't install shit. What else are you worried about?
>>
>>51754234
seeing my files and being able to ruin savegames or browser history etc
>>
>>51754314
By default, a guest account shouldn't be able to write anything outside User/Guest or read anything in other user folders.
>>
>>51754467
how about other hdd's like external hdd's?
>>
>>51754481
You can pay Geek Squad to do it for you :-)
>>
>>51754502
lol so random xd
>>
>>51754481
you should be encrypting that drive of you have anything worthwhile on it.
>>
>>51755443
not worthwhile enough to encrypt it but worthwhile enough for people not to exidently remove something or whatever
>>
>>51755475
Why is not not worthwhile to encrypt it? fuck off to google and don;t come back until you've come up with a better story.
>>
>>51755492
Because I dont have anything illegal on it?
>>
>>51755475
It doesn't cost you anything to encrypt it. Not even processing power because AES acceleration is built into the CPU. You just mount it and it stays mounted until you need to reboot or you unmount it for visitors. If you wouldn't want a burglar to have access to everything, there is no reason not to encrypt.

>>51755519
You have stuff you don't want visitors to see. So it's worth the few minutes it takes to learn how to tell the computer to encrypt it for you.

To answer your original question: right-click the external drives and figure out the rest yourself.
>>
>>51755671
ok thanks

what is a good way to start encrypting? like do i downlaod an incrypting program and then pick a password or what?
>>
>>51755700
Don't bother. Just hide the drives under your bed. You're the kind of person who would fuck it up or forget the password.
>>
>>51755739
well i could just use the same password i use for everything else
>>
>>51755751
triggered.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.