[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying electronics in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8
File: Flag_of_Europe.svg.png (53 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
53 KB, 2000x1333
As we all know prices for electronics in Europe are total bullshit, so if you know good places to buy from Europe please post them in this thread.

I built my PC from a german store Mindfactory and I have not yet found better prices anywhere, their store is in german but it's easy to navigate.

Currently I am looking at where I could find the new Dell Inspirion 7000, that is $800 in USA, but the lowest I could find in Europe is 1100€.
>>
I use this German search engine to buy stuff http://geizhals.eu/
>>
>end EU
>reduce protectionism
>get cheap stuff
>sell out your country to american corporates
nothing too surprising
>>
>>51750793
That's pretty good, great filtering system thanks.
>>
>>51750797
The EU and US are planning a free trade agreement anyway.
>>
Imagine what you have to pay for electronics in Greece

at least the prostitutes are cheap
>>
>>51750909
Ooh splendid
>>
>>51750750
>$800 in USA
>1100€ in Europe
That's mostly because prices in the US are written tax-free, whereas European online merchants usually write thm including VAT.
>>
>>51750960
Allways wondered why that's a thing in America. What about places like newegg and Amazon? I look at prices to compare from there.
>>
> digitec.ch
>>
>>51750909
Does chlorine chicken sound like cheap electronics to you?
>>
>>51751048
It's a bit more expensive than mindfactory, but how much is shipping?
>>
>>51750750
If you are looking for a new laptop try eBay. I got my latitude with 256 GB ssd and 4 year warranty for from there. Price was good considering the specs (sadly no fhd screen but I can still upgrade if I want to )
>>
>>51750750
did you ever hear the words taxes and 2 year warranty?
fuck off
>>
>>51750909
I hope this does not pass. I don't want American shitty chlorine chicken in Europe. No thanks.
>>
>>51751165
Free if you're not to far from Switzerland
>>
>>51751193
taxes are usually ~20%, not 30%x1.1 for euro to dollar conversion
>>
>>51750750
The price in the USA doesn't include taxes nor warranties. It's perfectly normal that it's more expensive in EU
>>
>>51750750
>but the lowest I could find in Europe is 1100€.

roughly 998 eur here in Hungary

On another note, don't be a good goy and buy recently released tech.
>>
>>51750750
If you add taxes, shipping cost and customs the price is the same
>>
>>51750750
>>51751048
ldlc is pretty good too
>>
>>51751255
Internet sites like Newegg and Amazon dont charge tax unless they have a physical store in my state. Warranties are manufacturer provided. At a physical store in my state its 6% sales tax.
>>
>>51751391
They don't charge tax, but customs do
>>
>>51751205
lol anything that's exported to Europe still has to meet European food standards though you fucking retard
>>
>>51750750
Are you retarded? Just buy fram France or Germany e.g Pixmania and Mindfactory
>>
>>51751271
Why not? Also what store is that? I am from Slovenia so hungary is a viable option.
>>
In this thread:
People know shit about free trade and its impacts.
>>
>>51751620
New tech is always overpriced and probably has some shit that is yet to be found (like buying 970 at launch and only later hearing about the 3.5gb bs)
1-2 year old tech is well reviewed, costs less and is pretty much always enough for everyone
>>
>>51751652
It also gets outdated faster and has less performance, for instance the GTX 950m is better than the GTX 760m, with Nvidia taking a shit on older cards. But you are correct, altho it's not so easy finding hardware that is not current-gen.
>>
>>51750750
mindfactory.de just done royally fucked me over by having me pay for a GPU which wasn't in stock in the first place. What kind of business bills their client and then checks stock?
>>
>>51751709
950M is only marginally faster than the 760M, there's very little in it
>>
>>51751808
They did that to me too the first time I bought from them, chose a GTX 980 that was on sale, unfortunately it went out of stock and I had to go with a 970, but they did return the money and apologised. They are still the cheapest option and reply to emails fast and in english. I do however wish it was like America ant they would offer me the next 980 for the price of the one on sale.
>>
>>51751906
That is a massive unacceptable Jew move though. Any respectable store has automatic stock keeping, why would they have you pay and then check stock?

They're in a legal grey zone with this. Pretty sure once a bill has been made you are bound to the transaction. For online stores they have to deliver in 30 days. I asked a full refund, but now my money will be in international bank transfer limbo for at least a week. I need the GPU buy christmas. Fucking assholes next time I just buy Amazon.
>>
prices are not that different. obviously it depends on the euro/dollar exchange rate. you have to do your homework to find the goods shops or internet sites that's all.
>>
>>51751436
False, with the agreement eventi Banned OGM have the right to sell in EU if this passes.
>>
>>51750750

alternate.de + caseking.de
>>
>>51751808
>>51751906
You know that's how online buying sites work right? You pay and then then send the product exept if you choose to pay with the bill at the product's arrival
>>
Well I'm French and I didn't even know that French tech prices were one of the lowest in Europe.
We still get jewed though
>>
>>51752072
No ? Amazon, ldlc (French), cdiscount (French), materiel.net (French), topachat (French) all charge you WHEN they ship, ie if they don't have it in stock they tell you right away and cancel the order
>>
>>51750750
Let's rephrase the question:

What are good price indexers/ price search engines in EUR?

>>51750793
>http://geizhals.eu/
Is a great suggestion I would like to add:

For the Lowlands (Belgium and Netherlands):

tweakers.net/pricewatch

Another german one: http://www.preisroboter.de/
(the one anon posted seems better though)

Need more suggestions for price comparison and search please
>>
>>51752072
Normally they CHECK STOCK BEFORE they bill you not after. Major deal to get a bill, pay it and then get a message: "Sorry your order is not in stock. We can offer some alternatives if you call us. Or we can refund you."

Very consumer unfriendly because now my money is in banktransaction limbo for over a week at least just because they send bills for orders that are not in stock.
>>
>>51752273
When your order is not in stock they restock it you dingus
You buy things from weird sites if they yust cancel your order instead of giving you your goods
>>
>>51751966

This. The Union will be flooded with chlorine chicken and vomit flavored "chocolate".

YANKEE
GO
HOME
>>
I mostly buy my shit from Amazon.de, after comparing some prices on Tweakers.net

Amazon almost always seem to have the best prices
>>
File: 1424822935087.jpg (42 KB, 600x570) Image search: [Google]
1424822935087.jpg
42 KB, 600x570
some one should make a section put the best links rated high medium and low based on service quality and low price in the /g/ wiki
>>
Trovaprezzi.it for Italy
Damn good search engine
>>
I had to buy most of my parts on amazon. It's usually the cheapest place and if I hope not to buy things online I'm looking for things like what I bought yesterday online (an i5 4460 for 178€) on any store in my city I would have to pay 225€. It's kind of disgusting honestly and I can see why some people in my country refuse to get into PC gaming, when a decent actual gaming PC costs usually 600 if lucky.
>>
>>51750989
muh internet commerce laws

if they dont have an office in your state you get shit without tax unless you are in one those retarded states
>>
>>51750909
It will be anything except a trade agreement
Basically it will make it possible for the multinational companies to steal much more money from the tax-payers
No sane person who is not a boss at those companies can be for that
>>
>>51751978
Doesn't caseking mostly sell chinese trash?
>>
>>51750750
itsco.de for refurbished PC
>>
>>51752969
>/g/ wiki
Never knew such a thing even existed
>>
>>51753323
>itsco.de

Do they ship to other countries?
>>
File: 1242679300359.jpg (22 KB, 302x434) Image search: [Google]
1242679300359.jpg
22 KB, 302x434
>>51751271
Where do you buy your tech? I am looking to build a new pc and deduct the Áfa for my own company. I used to buy my gear at ipon, but I'm just not sure anymore.
>>
>>51753583

Just checked iPON (Thank god it's in Croatian too, can't understand none of Hungarian) and the prices are not very good, I am looking at the R7 370 and it's 155€ in Hungary, vs 137€ in Slovenia and in Germany it's 133€.
>>
>>51750750
Eh, it's not too bad. If you know where to look (i.e. use a price comparison site) you can usually get decent prices.
Keep in mind that all prices in the US are listed without taxes, while in the EU taxes are typically included in the list price. If you'd apply the same tax rates for your country to the US price you usually end up in roughly the same price range.
>>
>>51753631
link to ipon?
>>
>>51754604

https://ipon.hu

Good luck.
>>
http://www.pccomponentes.com/

from Spain, cheaper than mindfactory and pixie, totally trustworthy too. Check it out
>>
>>51750915
How cheap
>>
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/
In the netherlands (and belgium) this site is essential for getting good prices and staying away from jew stores that overprice their shit
>>
File: lies.png (469 KB, 2233x752) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
469 KB, 2233x752
>>51754670

It's a good store, but Mindfactory still offers better prices, how is shipping outside of Spain?
>>
In case I buy a component that hypothetically dies within the two year limit, what happens then if I live in Eastern EU?
>>
>>51750909
It's not a free trade agreement, it's an agreement that will allow companies to sue governments if their policy reduces the profit they make. Like environmental laws.
>>
File: 1431153146888.jpg (130 KB, 506x543) Image search: [Google]
1431153146888.jpg
130 KB, 506x543
$800 to1100 euros, 1100 euros being about $1200.
With $400 you can make a trip to the US, buy what you need, and go back the next day still with saved change.

If you actually bought it from that German store, then you are literally stupid.
>>
>>51755012

I bought PC parts from that german store, not the laptop.
>>
>>51755036
His point still stands though. If the prices differences are usually that big, maybe instead of buying things online from Euro stores you should wait until you have as many items as possible, make a trip to the US and buy them all at once there. You'll save lots of money and get a nice trip out of it too booth.
>>
>>51755095

>TFW my mom finds flights to European cities from 0.01€ to 20€ per person.
>>
File: bruh.png (102 KB, 726x852) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
102 KB, 726x852
>>51755169

Forgot the pic
>>
>>51755095
Do you not know how import tax works? You would have to pay import taxes on everything you buy in the US, which would amount to more than the extra price you pay at local stores in most cases. Fucking retarded Amerifats.
>>
>>51755012
Cross-border VAT.
>>
>>51754880
oops, I actually thought it was cheaper, pretty good mate, ordered a couple of times and got it the same week. No problems for now
>>
>>51755215
It's just hard to grasp retarded practices of nanny states. We're just not used to having to pay a tax whenever we take a fucking dump.
>>
>>51755215
>He thinks customs is 100% effective
I'm German and I actually do what that guy described. From personal experience I'm only stopped and taxed about 10% of times, and you can still work around it by disposing of the cases.

Even factoring in the fact that import-taxed items tend to be slightly more expensive in the end compared to local retail, on the long run you'll save more than pay. You'll have to factor in the chances of actually being caught into the expected surcharge, which means assuming my 10% chance figure is correct, you'll only actually get to pay 10% of import tax in the long run.

Customs is usually more interested in nabbing smugglers that resell the items rather than the people who bring them for personal use, so disposing of the cases and manuals is usually more than enough.
>>
>>51755383
That is illegal, and could potentially give you prison time. You should report anything you want to import when entering the country. Obviously most people don't do this, and I know there are ways around the import taxes. Considering the amount of electronic goods most people buy, you would do 1 trip every year risking to get taxed for more than you would usually pay for everything. Even then, having your bags filled with electronic goods after a 1-2 day trip would seem suspicious even if you unboxed everything.
>>
>>51755689
>That is illegal, and could potentially give you prison time.

Bullshit son. That's unlawful, not illegal. Look up legal definitions and the actual law before posting shit.
>>
>>51755689
>Even then, having your bags filled with electronic goods after a 1-2 day trip would seem suspicious even if you unboxed everything.

Given the price difference, 3-5 items would more than cover the costs. 4 trips per year, getting caught on one, means you evaded tax on 3/4ths. Still saving huge money. You can also work around. For instance, I once bought 4 RAM sticks, 2 SSDs, a i7, a GPU and a motherboard, all already mounted. Only paid the tax for the motherboard if it was only one item.

Personally, I see evading taxes a civic duty, considering paying them means financing terrorists.
>>
>>51755820
There is 2 things to that statement.

That depends on what country you live in, laws are different everywhere.

>Not paying taxes isn't illegal.

>>51755941
Not everyone is a neet with time for several trips to the US every year, most people would have to plan these things. Also, you voted at the election (hopefully) and therefore you should pay your taxes and shut up. You might not agree 100% with everything the government do, but you (the people) gave them the rights to use your money. Tough luck if you don't like it.
>>
>>51750750
Eh, I use German ebay. Cheaper than here in Slovenia.

Aber man muss natürlich Deutsch verstehen und für einige kann das ein Problem sein.
>>
>in UK prices are comfy
>>
>>51756030

A je zanesljiv al so te kdaj ociganli?
>>
>>51756011
>Not paying taxes isn't illegal.
If you are explicitly charged with them. Otherwise, it's unlawful. I mean it, read up the law before talking shit out of your ass.

>Not everyone is a neet with time for several trips to the US every year
Nice try but neither am I, retard. I leave Friday night, come back Sunday night. Unless you have a mental disability, you can plan for a weekend abroad with two days advance.
>>
>>51756196
Not reporting your taxes is technically illegal where I live. As I said, laws are different in every country. A lot of people I know have their schedules completely booked, so getting a trip in would be difficult without planning. 1 trip every year would be feasible, but 4 or 5 would be almost impossible.
>>
>>51756196
how much does a flight cost you? isnt it extremely expensive?
>>
>>51756290
Most companies sell tickets to half-full flights leaving in 1 or 2 days for almost nothing. Just to cover some of the expenses. You would have to be able to leave with no planning at all. Obviously a lot of flights go to the US so you can get these super cheap tickets fairly often.
>>
>>51756144
Kul je, zaenkat me še niso, sam pazi da majo dost dobrih ocen (98% minimum), pa ponavadi gre itak za nek business in se jim gre za ugled.

Kitajcom, po drug stran, pa ni tok za zaupat, so me pa že nategnil :p
>>
>>51756282
>Not reporting your taxes is technically illegal where I live
I'll give it that maybe it is so, but generally those things are kind of uniform.

Failing to report personal goods (although some items such as firearms and money/precious minerals. etc have their own specific legislation) is an unlawful act, which means that if you're found out they can issue the tax along with a punitive fine. If you refuse pay for THOSE, then it's an illegal act and you can be criminally charged. If they can prove you were intending to resell them, however, you can be charged with smuggling which is a crime in itself.

>A lot of people I know have their schedules completely booked, so getting a trip in would be difficult without planning. 1 trip every year would be feasible, but 4 or 5 would be almost impossible.
I find it hard to believe there are people who actually can't spare 4 weekends out of a year.
>>
>>51756290
Companies often have quick sales on tickets. Sign up to one of those sales aggregator sites and keep on the lookout for rush sales on trips to the US. You usually can't be picky on where precisely you'll go, but that's immaterial since you only need to be inside the (contiguous, of course) US. You'll also only have a couple of weeks in advance too. Just last October for instance I got a ticket for me and my fiancee to Michigan for 34 euros each, 3 weeks in advance. You'll have to be flexible on a lot of things of course, but not that much.

Then what you do is order online what you want, and have it sent to a friend or someone you trust in the US (there are companies that will do that for you as well, though I've never personally had to use them). When you know where you'll be staying, call up hotels or inns and ask if they would hold onto the package for you for a couple of days (small hotels and inns are more likely to agree to this, you just leave 30-50 bucks as thanks), book your stay with them, and have the friend/company send the package to the hotel. Arrive at your destination, spend the day sight-seeing, and go back home next morning with your package.

I've never spent more than 400$ dollars on those trips total, and have a good time while at it as a bonus. And the more stamps you have on your passport, the less a hassle they give you at customs.
>>
>>51756741
>>51756796
sounds great, thank you very much, i will look into that a bit closer.
>>
>>51750750
>As we all know prices for electronics in Europe are total bullshit,
Because ur fucking commie taxes
>>
>>51754672
the price of a sandwich
>>
>>51756796
So you have to pay for the trip to your departure airport both ways, the air fare, trip from destination airport to the city, a hotel night, then pray that you are not fined when trying to smuggle your stuff back into the country.
Yeah, I can see how you save money there.
>>
>>51757856
It only shows how fucked up prices here are, to be honest.
>>
>>51755180
>>51755169
pretty bad bait
>>
>>51757856
>trip to your departure airport both ways
>trip from destination airport to the city
>4 bus rides

OMG look at that big spender!
>>
>>51756936
Yeah I'm jelly of all of the merifags who get cheap shit, and all they have to give up to get is to become bankrupt if they decide to go to college or anything that requires medical attention.
>>
>>51757950
>become bankrupt if they decide to go to college or anything that requires medical attention.
Eurokeks actually believe this.

>all they have to give up
Don't forget being allowed to defend yourself and your property, being free to say and defend your political views, what games you'll play, what books you'll read, what music you'll listen to, and just plain being free at all.
>>
>>51758012
>muh gunz

Fucking 2015 and it's still wild west over there.
>>
>>51758299
I'd take the wild west over the middle east, t b h.
>>
>>51757392
Really? Chicken or tuna sandwich?
>>
>>51751584
>Pixmania
:^)
>>
Azerty.nl has descent hw prices. Ordered msi gtx 750 ti there last month
>>
>>51758348
Chlorinated or lead-free chicken?
>>
>>51758332
Far from middle east over here, despite USA's best efforts.
>>
File: Typical Germans.jpg (86 KB, 634x422) Image search: [Google]
Typical Germans.jpg
86 KB, 634x422
>>51758432
Sure thing, buddy. Make sure to thank Allah for your halal meat. Assuming you won't be blown up or raped by Abdulah and Amir on your way home.
>>
>>51758385
The prices of The Netherlands are overpriced.
>>
>>51750793
i fucking love geizhals. best filters i have ever seen.
>>
>>51758532
Show me a cheaper one then!
https://azerty.nl/0-5644-673447/msi-n750ti-tf-2gd5-oc-.html
>>
>>51758507
Go check how many people die from terrorist bombings and shootings in Europe and in USA each year - in numbers, in percentage, in any possible way - then come back and tell me that I'm the one that needs to fear being killed by a weapon.
>>
>>51758595
>>>>>>>>Point
V
V
V
V
V
Your head
>>
>>51758546
http://geizhals.de/msi-n750ti-2gd5-ocv1-v809-1030r-a1127449.html
>>
>>51758672
Oh god, we're being taken over by Muslim refugees that will destroy our culture and countries along with all we stand for! It doesn't matter that there's barely any of them compared to the population of Europe and they're just normal people that lost everything running away from being slaughtered, they're definitely out for us man!

Please tell me you're not voting Trump.
>>
>>51758753
>it doesn't matter that there's barely any of them compared to the population of Europe
They'll be more than 10% percent of the population in five years
>they're just normal people
HAHAHAHAHA

Gotta love Eurokeks. They get fucked over in the ass by everyone and still think themselves civilized for pretending to like it.
>>
Question: if I buy from within EU, I don't pay customs, correct?
>>
>>51758974
Only if you also live in a EU country.
>>
>>51759062
Naturally. How about VAT? Do I pay it only to the shop that sells me the stuff? Does that mean I am sort of legally avoiding paying my shitty politicians cash?
>>
>>51758332
rekt

BTFO'D
T
F
O
'
D
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.