[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it dead...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: opengraph-image.png (646 B, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
opengraph-image.png
646 B, 200x200
Currently installing Crunchbang, did I fuck up? Is it dead?
Also, if not Crunchbang what else? I'm gonna dump windows for a bit and do some full time Linux.
>>
>>51750478
>if not Crunchbang what else? I
Debian
>>
>>51750512
Yeah, that was going to be my second go to. Should I give up on #! and just do that instead?
>>
>>51750524
I don't see any valid reasons why you would choose a deprecated distro over something like Debian itself. Debian minimal is one of the best choices you can go for
>>
So just go to Debian? What's your take on Debian and why should I get it?

Thanks for the feedback tho, anon.

>inb4 google
>>
>>51750629
^^^
Above was for you, forget reply #
>>
>>51750749
Crunchbang is literally debian with a set of custom scripts.
>>
>>51750826
Are the custom scrips not worth it, or is it just a pref thing?
>>
>>51750826
crunchbang is debain + prethemed openbox. Its nice don't get me wrong, I used to use it exclusively. When it died i moved over to debain and mate. There are a couple of forks from the #! team though. Ones crunchbang++ and another i can't remember, they should both be linked on the website though.
>>
Crunchbang was the perfect Linux distro out of the box, why the fuck did it had to go? The other remakes just don't feel the same either. OP, you're better off with Debian + WM, do a net install with everything unticked and install openbox or i3 or any other WM after the main installation is complete. But you can still maintain crunchbang, but it's best to go with debian 8.
>>
i haventfollowed cruby for awhilebut archbang and manjaro are similar for arch based distros
>>
>>51750478
#!++ is available, same shit, with updates.
>>
>>51751005
this
>>
>>51751005
Currently installing this right now?
It seems fine so far... Any other thought before I decide to nuke it and move to debian?

>>51750992
What about #!++
>>
>>51750888
Not really. Get the real thing. Get debian, there are reasons why it's dead now.
>>
Someone made a fork of Crunchbang. Its called Crunchbang plusplus

https://crunchbangplusplus.org/
>>
>>51750478
>board full of cock eating weebs
You're all fucking stupid.
Change your sources.list file or install bunsenlabs
>>
>>51751096

Just looked at it, it seems good, but it's best to go with pure Debian and do it all yourself. But if you really want to, just go with #!++.
>>
#! is dead?
damn..
>>
Crunchbang plusplus made in india plus china malware bot
Next update Crunchbangbang plusplusplus bang bang with Cortana bangplus plusbang
Salute my friends from developer of Crunchbang plusplus Rajep Muntrapali Korkesh Latandidinda aka EliteHackerMumbaiLinuxRulesSarawakPtongPft
>>
>>51750478
Sorry, #! is kill

Get mint if you don't support israel, otherwise install gentoo
>>
Bang!
>>
>>51750478
>not installing #++
>>
>>51751150
Alright, I think Ill put debian on then. You have a link to a specific one? It will be for a core 2 duo...

Sorry if I come across as a mindless idiot, Its all quite new.
>>
>>51751397
Or just do a dual boot to give both a shot.
>>
>>51750478
gentoo
>>
Gentoo poo in the loo edition
>>
>>51750992
It went because it was just Debian with some custom userscripts. Anybody could easily make a 'clone' of #! with just a Debian installation and an hour. The maintainer got tired of hosting what was essentially just a repository tacked onto a normal Debian install.
That's why #!++ and that other one are so lame.
>>
>>51751155
lol #! has been dead for like a year and a half
>>
>>51751101
>there are reasons why it's dead now.
And the reason has nothing to do with things you may think of.
>>
Just install Arch OP.

Last time I reinstalled it took me like 5 minutes. Never been easier.
>>
if you want to stick with some #!ish go for Bunsen Labs
>>
b u n s e n l a b s
o r
a r c h b a n g
>>
>>51752446
d e b i a n
or
a r c h
>>
>>51752534
u b u n t u
o r
m i n t
>>
Windows you idiot
>>
>>51750478
its kinda dead yeah, but its not a bad build. You could get Debian Jessie, do a minimal net install, and clone a crunchbang setup. Crunchbang has good forums and knowledge out there, and a useful set of default settings for openbox that you could clone.

Though really its not that bad to be running crunchbang.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.