[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy a used Dyson >use it for the first time >1 bedroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
>buy a used Dyson
>use it for the first time
>1 bedroom later an entire ecosystem ends up in the canister

Why haven't you upgraded to the superior vacuum?
>>
>>51750297
They haven't made an open source vacuum yet, so I just use a broom instead.
>>
>>51750297

The real question is "What took you so long?"
>>
>>51750305
GNU/Broom. You can carve it, you can paint it, you can fashion it into a spear for fishing or self defense, you can even break it down into kindling to keep you warm at night.

Not like those shit eating propietary kuks with their shiny DustBuster™ Dysons. Oh look at me, how easy to use! Morons, the lot of them. Probably don't even know how that thing works.
>>
>>51750297
That design looks stupid thou, why would you not want to have stationary main body that you move once from room to room and have a tube attached to it?
>>
>>51750337
It looks kind of stupid but every aspect of the design is so practical. Also the thing is built to last decades. Everything else, Kirby and other megabuck vacuums aside, are made of the thinnest plastic possible and all fall apart within a few years.
>>
>>51750297

>buy a Shark
>$99
>cleans better than a Dyson
>not supporting a faggy British Steve Jobs who blatantly stole hand-dryer designs
>not buying cheap plastic shit with gimmicky shapes and colors
>>
>bought a wireless Bosch Athlet
>mfw the battery will be fully charged
>tfw hits nearly 0 after about 20 minutes when using
can barely get upstairs and down, breh.
so gay
wasn't like that when I got it
>>
>>51750331
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Broom, is in fact, GNU/Broom, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Broom.
>>
File: 81L6iLXCWAL._SL1500_.jpg (107 KB, 1500x1103) Image search: [Google]
81L6iLXCWAL._SL1500_.jpg
107 KB, 1500x1103
>>51750350
How is that more practical than picture related?

Oh and i do love dyson, they make quality stuff, just missing the point in that standing thing.
>>
>>51750414

That thing looks like a child's toy.

If you want a rolling canister vacuum, buy a Miele. Common advice is to never buy a vacuum from a brand that doesn't have a product line intended fro commercial (e.g. hotels) use.
>>
>>51750409
he called it GNU/Broom you retard
>>
>>51750297
Now you have to find a tutorial on cleaning your model's filters. You haven't lived until you've made a Dyson pristine again.
>>
>>51750445
Dyson is top tear vacuum, it looks like that so you can see inside. The technology is superior to any bag vacuum cleaner, even miele.

Miele is common in commercial field just because there was nothing better for many many years, and the lifespan of commercial gear is a bit long, but trust me, they are upgrading to dyson in the next cycle, because: fuck bags.
>>
>>51750593

So what makes bagless superior to bags?
>>
>>51750758
Cyclonic filtration removes 99% of the particles, leaving just a tiny fraction to be collected by various stages of filters.

Why use a bag when this superior technology exists? It's wasteful.
>>
>most popular vacuum worth paying to fix
>every mechanical device breaks eventually
>some dysons break
>vacuum shop peons see many dysons
>HURRRR DURRR NO BUY I SEE MOST OFTEN IN SHOP
>>
>>51750337
Upright vacuum cleaners are the norm in the U.S. because they work better for large carpeted areas. Dyson also makes some canisters.
>>
>>51750758
Miele is better. It has a much better HEPA box in addition to the bag. I looked at them but I don't like horse hair.
>>
Troll thread. Get fucked Dyson shitstains. All non-German brands are shitposts. My feet are resting on a beautiful floor cleaned by a Miele.

>mfw no reddit vacuum repair guy AMA
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1pe2bd
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cfpol/vacuum_repair_guy_here_again_i_missed_several/
>>
>>51750867
>vacuum shill guy AMA
>>
>>51750867
Furthermore FUCK bagless shitposting trolls. Bagged systems will always be superior. Have fun with your curved plastic with caked on shit and dirt. Have fun with your toxic poison shit cloud over your garbage can every single time you manage to flop open the limp Dyson canister door without breaking it. I breathe deeply with my lungs taking in HEPA clean air. Thanks Miele.
>>
>mfw you expect me to own a consumer vacuum cleaner
>mfw you assume i do not hire a professional commercial cleaning service on a regular basis
>>
>>51750929
>not having a boyfriend to do cleaning while you code in your comfy home office
>>
>>51750942
i would absolutely do the housework for a rich powerful programmer SO
>>
>>51750297

Because I have a Roomba.
>>
>>51751915
roomba is good for crumbs and making you keep your shit off the floor, but it doesn't suck very hard, so a real vacuum is still needed sometimes.
>>
dyson shit tier design. ugly as fuck... and completely inconvenient bagless design... how do you empty/clean your dust full bagless machine without breathing dust? compare to a classic bag vac cleaner...
>>
What's the point of getting a Dyson?

Is there something particularly useful about the $1-5 in power that you save (depending on how big your house is and how often you clean) vs. the hundreds you pay extra for it being hipster brandshit?

Suction power seems just the same to me as a $100 vacuum, just at higher efficiency.
>>
>>51752050
>without breathing dust

urr

you know there's dust in the air at all time
>>
>>51752174
It maneuvers in a way most other upright vacuum cleaners do not?

I've seen people go through more than two <$100 vacuums per decade and they often put more measurable particulate in the air. There's probably better options than Dyson at the same or lower price point, and there's definitely better that cost more. My dad likes his $200 Oreck.

>>51752237
I quit IT because I hated breathing all the paper and carpet fibers. Now I'm a code monkey at home.
>>
File: siemens_vacuum.jpg (75 KB, 604x1200) Image search: [Google]
siemens_vacuum.jpg
75 KB, 604x1200
>>51752309
> It maneuvers in a way most other upright vacuum cleaners do not?
Not really even interested in the upright models. I'm too European to make my suction piece heavy like that.

But I guess that might explain something to me.

> I've seen people go through more than two <$100 vacuums per decade and they often put more measurable particulate in the air.
I've also seen people go through two Dysons in less than a decade, and as far as I know any vacuum with HEPA filter doesn't put many small particulates into the air. Not that I care that much, my standard mostly ends at catching what a paper bag vacuum also would catch...
>>
>>51752029

Absolutely, but like once every fortnight as opposed to every few days.
>>
File: Henry-Hoover-Autosave.jpg (135 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Hoover-Autosave.jpg
135 KB, 960x960
these niggas are fucking bulletproof
>>
>>51752370
Most don't have HEPA, just "HEPA type", which doesn't filter down to 0.3 micrometers. I've taken my particle sensor to apartments without any kind of HEPA, and it read 10x more than in a typical house or office with forced air.

In my condo, I have a loud and inefficient "Honeywell" (actually made by Kaz), that costs me $40/year in filters and $200 in electricity, a rebranded Korean one that costs $85/year for filters (course, HEPA, zeolite foam, honeycomb with 1/2 pound carbon), and another Korean one with $21 per year filters.

What HEPA units do y'all have?
>>
>>51752375
After 5 years they have no fucking suction. 0/10
>>
>>51752452
You're supposed to change the bag when it gets full.
>>
>>51752449
>all of this placebo

why
>>
>Americans still use bags
Why
>Americans still use upright kuk machines
Why
>Americans use 130VAC
Why
>Americans have plugs with no ground
Why
>Americans have the worst internet on earth
Why
>Americans have the worst cars on earth
Why
>Americans can't even use real credit cards
Why

Third world country ruled by a nigger please suicide to death
>>
>>51750337
it just werks
>>
> dyson
> miele
Kärcher is GOAT
>>
>>51752449
> Most don't have HEPA, just "HEPA type", which doesn't filter down to 0.3 micrometers.
Agreed, most only do EPA something, but you just pick the correct specs, eh?

The majority of people also doesn't require HEPA something or even EPA 10 filters, though.

In my allergy season, I personally just use antihistamines and sometimes a HEPA air purifier to suck already airborne pollen up when it gets bad. [The bulk of them on the ground and furniture can be removed just fine with a regular vacuum that does not add horrid expenses for HEPA filters and shit like that... YMMV]
>>
>>51752029
>but it doesn't suck very hard
Good thing I have your mother then.
>>
File: 11839030.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
11839030.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>51752535
The big enterprise / communal ones, perhaps.

But the household and small enterprise vacuums had pretty shitty motors and high rates of failure, no?
>>
File: ME918.jpg (13 KB, 572x572) Image search: [Google]
ME918.jpg
13 KB, 572x572
>>51752547
>ripping off apple's airport design
xiaomi strikes again
>>
File: braun-or-apple.jpg (134 KB, 863x712) Image search: [Google]
braun-or-apple.jpg
134 KB, 863x712
>>51752623
> Apple's design
It's no one's design. Almost only the USA is retarded enough to have design patents. Never mind for something as stupid as rectangles or boxes with rounded corners.

And if it were, it'd be Braun's design style, not Apple's. By about 50 years.
>>
>>51750297

I bought a Dyson. Would absolutely not recommend it.

Sure it does the job but it's cheap plastic design leaves much to be desired.

When it dies I'll buy a Miele or something.

Definitely not worth the price.
>>
>>51752775
You have no legitimate complaint until it breaks. Feel is no indication of actual durability.
>>
>>51752490
>tfw superior Australian power
We have the best standards in the world.
>>
>>51752872
What are you on about? You still have flat pins and huge plugs and everything else is pretty shit, too. [You realize the USA isn't even close to number 2 for power standards, right?]
>>
File: gm80.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
gm80.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
I use one of those Nilfisk barrels, it's a good machine, does it's job well and I can also convert it to a leafblower when I need to blow leafs.
>>
>>51752913
>huge plugs
Not sure what you're on about mate, they're pretty perfect. We also have god tier switches.
>>
>>51752490
>>Americans still use bags
The best vacuums have a bag AND a rigid HEPA box.
>>Americans still use upright kuk machines
It works better for large houses with carpet.
>>Americans use 130VAC
I think that would be out of spec. We usually call it 120 or 110. My dad's laundry room has one outlet at 70 volts for unknown reasons. He ran keg fridge off it for a while without any problems.
>>Americans have the worst internet on earth
It varies a lot. Near big cities, we have fatter pipes than some countries. Australia is much worse.
>>Americans have the worst cars on earth
China and India have some worse cars. I like how American cars have powerful air conditioning systems.
>>
Dysons are literally the Mac of vacuums. Overpriced shit.
>>
File: IEC-plug.jpg (11 KB, 360x301) Image search: [Google]
IEC-plug.jpg
11 KB, 360x301
>>51752928
They're huge. Almost as big as Schuko. Which is still more decent than the Aussie plug, because at least it has rounded pins (designed more for physics than last millennium manufacturing constraints) and more decent security features.

Best standard is IEC60906-1, though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1

South Africa, Brazil & Switzerland basically win.

And as far as overall installations in reality go? Switzerland, hands down. Nearly no above ground power lines, beautiful and complete household power boxes (on DIN rails if it has been installed or renewed in the last 20 years or so), neat switches, really good cables, a robust national power grid with nearly no outages...
>>
>>51753154
It's priced appropriately compared to other vacuums of the same caliber. There's plenty of more expensive vacuum cleaners.
>>
>>51752964
Ffs are you really comparing yourself to China and India? Man it must suck being American.
>>
But I have.

Also, you're fucking gross.
>>
>>51750458
Kek'd
>>
>>51750305
I rice my broom
>>
>>51750305
Underrated bantz
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.