[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clojure is a /g/ language. >is lisp >is functional >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: clojuresyfx300.png (42 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
clojuresyfx300.png
42 KB, 300x299
Clojure is a /g/ language.
>is lisp
>is functional
> Runs the jvm coz muh enterprise
>clojurescript is clojure which runs on browser
>om-next is great for Web dev
> developed by Rich hickey who was an hardcore c++ programmer and knows his shit.

Learn it. Embrace it. It's way better than rust or go. And it gives you the ability to look at the program in a different manner.
>>
>>51748676
Clojure is not lisp
If you want lisp and jvm use kawa scheme
>>
>>51748723
Clojure (pronounced like "closure") is a dialect of the Lisp programming language created by Rich Hickey. Clojure is a general-purpose programming language with an emphasis on functional programming. It runs on the Java Virtual Machine, Common Language Runtime, and JavaScript engines. Like other Lisps, Clojure treats code as data and has a macro system. The current development process is community-driven,overseen by Rich Hickey as its BDFL.

Clojure takes a modern stance on programming by encouraging immutability and immutable data structures. While its type system is entirely dynamic, recent efforts have also sought the implementation of gradual typing.Clojure encourages programmers to be explicit about managing state and identity. This focus on programming with immutable values and explicit progression-of-time constructs are intended to facilitate the development of more robust programs, particularly multithreaded ones.

Clojure is successfully used in industry by companies such as Walmart, Puppet Labs, and other large software companies.
>>
File: zNEUbhw.gif (1 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
zNEUbhw.gif
1 MB, 500x333
>>51748795
>>
>>51748723
Your argumentation is rock solid.

Clojure is a lisp dialect, no matter what you butthurt libre gnutards believe.
>>
Why has everybody started bleating about Clojure these last few days? /g/ is so fickle.

>>51748676
>better than rust
Obviously
>or go
Nah
>>
>>51748676
I prefer haskell.
>>
>>51748723
Scheme is not a Lisp.
>>
File: 1447900160499.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447900160499.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>51749524
>>
>>51749386
Copy pasted from Wikipedia
>>51749443
I came from go to clojure and I feel this is better.
>>51749478
Clojure is the new haskell anon
>>
>>51750491
I love Haskell, but that means 20 years of nothingness before the community descends into madness?
>>
>>51750639
No people are going to use haskell but for fun and shit. And clojure for production
>>
Using clojure from 3 years in production agree that it has a great future
Hurr durr rich hickey
>>
>>51750491
>I feel this is better
>feel this is better
>feel
What are you, a girl?
>>
File: i miss u.jpg (61 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
i miss u.jpg
61 KB, 599x600
so from what ive gathered

regular programming, as in C, Java, Python etc is like getting dressed by opening your clothing drawer, selecting what you want to put on, and then putting it on

functional programming is basically throwing your clothing chest at a clever angle at the wall of your landing so that the clothes fly out, arranged in the order you want along the stairs, and then skidding down the flight of stairs hoping youre dressed by the end
>>
File: 1428634731701.gif (954 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
1428634731701.gif
954 KB, 285x235
>>51751954
>>
>>51751904
Yes kawai desu
>>51751954
Kek u dumb as fak
>>
>>51751954
No, functional programming is like writing down what you want to wear on a piece of paper, then walking out the door. Your clothes magically appear on you.
>>
>VM meme
>/g/ language
Neck yourself
>>
>>51752676
Memory is now pretty cheap anon.
VM is less of a hassle.
>>
>>51752676
>>51753147
Don't forget that the JVM runs everywhere. As long as you use relative (or configurable by text file) paths for files, properly written JVM programs will work unmodified on Windows, Linux, various Unixen, and even Haiku OS (they have an OpenJDK port), as well as across CPU architectures.
>>
>>51751954
Functional programming is like making a door in your house called "dressMe". You walk through the door naked and come out of the other end fully clothed.
>>
>>51753186
I'm still naked
>>51753177
Yeah and oracle is working it's ass off to make jvm even faster and stable as fuck
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.