[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My country wants to ban using TOR. What is the most likely mechanism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: hashtag-drapeau-france.jpg (46 KB, 634x379) Image search: [Google]
hashtag-drapeau-france.jpg
46 KB, 634x379
My country wants to ban using TOR.

What is the most likely mechanism they might try to implement for attempting that, and how is it going to fail?

But more importantly, what mechanism might they try as a second attempt?
>>
block all tor nodes' ips
>>
>>51742520
fun fact: they also want to ban public wifi
(...)
>>
>>51742615
but what if I use an out-of-France VPN?
>>
>>51742633
*encrypted VPN, obviously.
>>
Move somewhere that isn't a police state?
>>
File: 1431163444627.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1431163444627.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>>51742987
>>
>>51743082
>liberte is a meme
>>
>>51742520

they'll ban all TOR nodes since they are publicly known, but TOR already has a workaround for this in place, make sure you get ahold of it before they ban their website
>>
File: 478px-fidelcastrosmiling.jpg (40 KB, 478x599) Image search: [Google]
478px-fidelcastrosmiling.jpg
40 KB, 478x599
>>51742520
liberte, equalite, fraternite
>>
>>51742520
>ban all means of organizing an opposition
>vote actual right wing extremists into power
GG, France. You can go ahead and remove the blue and the white from your flag. I hope you realize there is no way out of this that doesn't involve bloodshed.
>>
>>51743098
> before they ban their website
What is a proxy?
>>
File: sweating man having a drink.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweating man having a drink.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
Instead of banning Tor why doesn't France just ban mudslimes?
>>
>>51743293
>marie le putin
>right wing extremist
Yeah no Schlomo stop playing a kike.
She's just conservative
>>
It says a lot about France that they want to ban a tool used to tunnel around censorship and great firewalls.
>>
>>51743496
Or better yet, ban terrorism
>>
>>51743293
Nah man France is reverting to it's true form in the face of any opposition; removing the red and blue from it's flag.
>>
Get tor. Burn tor to disks. Use tor to get the newest tor. Sell tor to people. Profit
>>
What about an os like tails
>>
>>51743449
Here you go, anon!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
>>
>>51742633
>>51742863
This should work, since your ISP will just see an unintelligible encrypted VPN link to some server in another country. If I were you I'd pick a server that's in neither the EU nor the US, if possible.

Remember that you must use TCP for your VPN if you intend to connect to Tor through it, not UDP.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.