[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of jobs could an informatics degree land me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: psh.jpg (102 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
psh.jpg
102 KB, 992x558
What kind of jobs could an informatics degree land me?
>>
>>51742327
The ones where you sell your body.
>>
>>51742368
This. Be also prepared to sell your organs and blood.
>>
wtf is informatics? CS for stupid people?
>>
>>51742327
Mcdonald's
>>
IT guy
>>
The guy next door that know how to format a PC.
>>
Fry cook.
>>
I think you guys are seriously exaggerating
>>
I am a student nurse and computers have always been my hobby, I was actually thinking about going into nursing informatics because a lot of the medical/patient chart software is complete shit and can be better organized and made much easier.
>>
>>51744581
Then knock yourself out. If a need exists, you'll find a job in the field. If a need doesn't exist, you'll still have your computer hobby and you'll just be out some money and time.
>>
>>51744581
I work in this industry.

It's a shit pile built on top of a bullshit river. Hopefully some major security breach happens and burns the entire thing down.
>>
>>51742327
Why did he have to OD?

He was so good.
>>
>>51744883
Cause life is boring and sometimes miserable for people like him.
>>
>>51742327
A shitty, government-fucked, "business intelligence" kind of job, only more restricted in scope without any hope of doing any of the jobs that require the "big data" buzzword, to get you a job where you can call yourself a "data scientist" so you can't even get paid bank.
>>
>>51742327

Sysadmin / developer / design
Any degree you have just proves that you are capable of learning. CS retards think they have something more but only 2% of them do scientific work, the rest are developers on shitty frameworks or corporate sysadmins.
Get yourself a job in a smaller company do everything that you can. Don't be scared of being a engineer, any job that you have - do it well so you can be proud of it.
>>
>>51742327
Film, TV, Commercial IT. Somebody has to build the raids we're dumping 6-8k footage to. Start out as a PA then move to Loader / Media Manager, and tell them fuck that G-drive I can build something better, and build your editing bay while I'm at it.
>>
>>51744848
>>51744581

Would this be a good space for a start up to move in on? I know nothing about the industry but need a project to work on. If there's a real opportunity here that's even better.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.