[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>Use gentoo >>Go to uni for a major in software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: ErrorProviderInWinforms.png (8 KB, 386x190) Image search: [Google]
ErrorProviderInWinforms.png
8 KB, 386x190
>>Use gentoo
>>Go to uni for a major in software engineering
>>professor forces shitty C# winforms projects
how to deal with it other than drop out?
>>
You do your assignments instead of bitching.
>>
>>51739496
Just deal with it.

Also,gentoo a shit. Use Ubuntu.
>>
>>51739496
maybe you grow up and realize that linux is a fucking meme retard. you're on fucking 4chan you dumb fucker.
>>
>>51739496
>goto lab
>find windows machine
>finish project
>>
>>51739496

> C# on Windows XP

yeah
>>
>C#
>not python
>not even fucking java
I didn't know you universities could go any lower but they actually managed.
>>
>>51739561
this desu

>>51739578
java is even worse than c# though
>>
>>51739578

They can. XP.
>>
This >>51739561
or get a pirated version of Windows
>>
Who cares?

The important shit is what concepts you learn, not what library you use.
>>
>>51739496
>stop using a meme OS
>go to computer lab with Windows
>finish project
Just stop bitching and do your homework
>>
>>51739496
>use funtoo
>go to uni for major in csci
>everyone uses linux
>go through sicp
>become wizard
drop out and find a different school
>>
>>51739706
How is Gentoo a meme OS? Do you have any valid arguments against using it?
>>
>>51739496
Anon, you don't need to have the platform you're developing for. All you need is to be one with the code and confidence in your own abilities.
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 344x313) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 344x313
>>51739732
I do: it's a meme
>>
Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
>>
>>51739772
Your argument is a meme
>>
>>51739496
>Use gentoo
I didn't know people actually used a meme OS.
>>
>>51739599
>download XP into VM
>load VM full of pirated shit because it all still runs fine on XP
>everything compatible since XP has been reverse engineered a billion times in the last 15 years
>delete the entire VM at the first sign of trouble
Feels good man
>>
>>51739496
Use a hyper-visor dumbass
>>
>>51739496
this might come as a shock to you but software engineering is the same in every language.

the syntax changes but for the most part every imperative language is the same in how you tackle a problem. sure if you go to functional things change up a bit but that isn't a concern right now.

You know what you should be doing rather than talking on 4chan about something you know nothing about? FUCKING LEARN
>>
>>51739496
You can use winforms with mono.
Also, winforms is bretty gud
>>
>>51739496
this is what happens when you major in software engineering instead of computer science.
>>
File: stripper.jpg (30 KB, 446x445) Image search: [Google]
stripper.jpg
30 KB, 446x445
>>51739779
Lololol - well so much for cosmetology school
>>
>>51739496
QEMU & Windows 7 & Daz.
>>
>>51739496
you're lucky. our uni was basically a c++/java shop. Only got to use god tier xaml once.
>>
>>51739732
Why would you spend so much time compiling packages? And why would you have to go through all that trouble to just install your OS? It's ridiculous to me. It's 2015. It's not 1985.
>>
>>51740682
*just to
>>
>>51740682
More setup time for faster regular use is usually a good deal.
The question remains how do we make Gentoo faster for regular use.
>>
>>51739732
You can't do homework with it.
>>
>>51740682
I use Arch, not Gentoo. And more customization. From when I have used Gentoo, it obviously takes longer to install stuff, but you have a lot of control over what you want and don't want.
>>
>>51740682
this.

I have a ton of a free time and I'm usually open to playing with vm's and linux distros, but gentoo is a complete waste of time. It's probably the only distro I won't ever bother with.

i don't know anyone that seriously uses it on a daily basis. not even tech-orientated people I know care for it. they'll probably just think you're some kid trying to be edgy
>>
>>51740740
If you're going for a liberal arts major, maybe
>>
>>51740006
No! Don't destroy all the dilusional baseless elitism /g/ has. One day they will get a job and it will be in assembly, coding neural networks cause they read about it and it sounded smart.
>>
>>51739496
whats the point of getting a degree if you are unwilling to use windows? you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>51740777
I'm using Antergos, which is basically Arch with an extra repo. I want to customize my system too, but installing operating systems shouldn't be such a demanding task in this day and age.
>>
>>51740914
I have better things to do with my time as well, I was just saying that's the mindset
And what's the point of creating a distro with the only difference being a different repo? Can't you just add it to the Arch repo list?
>>
>>51739496

Do your assignments, learn C#, and then from there you will be able to learn any number of languages very easily.
>>
>>51741044
Well, I've installed Antergos and I like it. I was distro hoping before it and I don't feel the need to install vanilla Arch now. I've done in a vm tho.
>>
>>51741198
it*
>>
>>51741198
Is there a major difference between Arch's core repo and Antegros' repo?
>>
>>51739532

this
>>
File: botnet.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
botnet.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>51740787
Well, I use it on a daily basis, because it's a breeze to maintain, Portage is a amazing package manager, and I see no reason to change. Sure it's a hassle to install, however after installed you can just keep updating.

Also, you have a lot of control - you can have a really stable system, or a really bleeding-edge one, or even a mix of both.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.