[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is IE hate just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: IE.png (49 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
IE.png
49 KB, 256x256
I just tested IE in windows 10 and it's faster than Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
Am I the only one or did IE just become better than Chrome?
>>
>Windows 10

You're beyond memes now, friend.
>>
>>51738799
>I just tested IE in windows 10 and it's faster than Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.

YES ITS A MEME
Ie on windows 10 it's faster than Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, and since those 4 are the ONLY web browesrs that exist, IE is the best OS ever and hating it is a meme.

Also remmber if you complain about botnet you are retarded, so having botnet is not a bad thing
>>
It's never been faster for me when I tried using in on win7.
Chrome was the only one I could actually watch YouTube on. Firefox didn't work too well for me either.
I can try it on win10, since my Surface has it, but quite frankly Chroke is working perfectly fast on that as well and I prefer the Chrome interface.
>>
>>51738799
>is IE hate just a meme

I don't know. I haven't used it since 6 and never plan to use it again.
>>
>>51738909
Why would I complain about the botnet anon?
I'm not a terrorist.
>>
>>51738967
>Why would I complain about the botnet anon?
I was not talking about you, you said IE on windows 10 is faster than every single other web broser in existence.

Some would say
>but being faster is nothing if it has botnet
and I said having botnet is not a bad thing.
so being faster is the only feature that matters, and being faster than other browsers is just the thing needed to be better than those broswes
>>
>>51739066
So is IE safe to use? as in terms of malware etc. I've always been led to believe it is unsafe.
>>
File: 1436005276667.jpg (281 KB, 1278x736) Image search: [Google]
1436005276667.jpg
281 KB, 1278x736
>>51738799
It's not just about speed, anon. It's about web standards. IE has historically flagrantly ignored web standards, which makes it annoying as fuck to develop for. It's gotten better, but it's still not great.
>>
>>51738799
yeah, IE 9 is when IE was finally decent and got better each version.
>>
IE and Edge both have a 50-60% support statistic on CanIUse. Firefox and Chrome fluctuate around 80. That's reason enough to not use IE.
>>
>>51739146
not him, but it's probably not as safe as firefox or chrome. It's a combination of it being an easy target because a lot of people who don't know what they're doing with computers use it and the fact that IE is simply not a huge priority for Microsoft. The people who notice how shitty IE is switch to Firefox or Chrome, and the ones who don't notice don't really know to care.
>>
IE hate came from IE 6. That browser version served a long overdue reign during the huge Internet boom of the early 2000s. It didn't follow standards and was the worst browser of that time.

Due to the huge influx of 'family man buys Pentium 4 Dell with XP installed' it became the most popular browser and meant websites had to cater for the majority who used it with hacks. A lot of sites would have a style sheet or specific JS code just for IE.

That was a long time ago and hating on it now when it has improved to levels of other current browsers is just bitterness.
>>
Make WebM plug in work again god damn Microsoft
>>
Don't hate it, just wouldn't use it when I have Edge or Chrome
>>
File: f9472067de2428a7769e9bde66ecb261.jpg (344 KB, 2160x1440) Image search: [Google]
f9472067de2428a7769e9bde66ecb261.jpg
344 KB, 2160x1440
Been using IE for a little over a year now.

YES, hating IE is just a meme. But a lot of people don't understand it because its supposed to be used in a different way from most Windows browsers nowadays. Most people use their web browsers for everything on their computers (music, videos, documents, other web-app bullshit) and it gets further extended with addons. IE isn't like that, it's a web browser in its purest form. It downloads and displays webpages transmitted over HTTP, that's *it*. Instead you should be using desktop applications to compliment it, instead of just cramming every functionality into the browser

Once you get into this habit, it's an easy browser to love. This is also a faster and more stable workload, since you only load what you need (eg. open a PDF viewer when you need it, instead of automatically loaded into memory when you start the browser like in FF and Chrome).
>>
>>51739066
>broser
>broswers
I can't take you seriously until you learn how to spell what you're even talking about.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.