[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programming is dead. Okay, well not really but I recently went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: restInPiece.jpg (47 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
restInPiece.jpg
47 KB, 500x300
Programming is dead. Okay, well not really but I recently went to an internship fair trying to get a internship for software engineering. Most of the tech companies there either already had people or outsourced in India. Man I'm so screwed. Anyone know what I can do to build up my resume if I can't get an internship before I graduate?
>>
Contribute to free software projects or start your own, obviously.
>>
Work on free software.
>>
you picked the wrong school if you couldnt get a programming job/internship from your schools career fair
>>
>>51737975
>software engineering
>computer science

you have nobody to blame but yourself, faggot. but yeah, work on free software or start your own.

>>51738017
>first semester in uni
>didn't know when job fairs were
>had been learning programming for 2 years waiting to get an internship from the school
>there's only 1 job fair at this tiny ass school
>i have 3 classes during the entire job fair
>im on grants so i cant miss a class
>mfw no face
>>
>>51737975
Get your college to get you one
>>
>>51738047
>>51738006
>>51737989
>all these inexperienced/student programmers writing free software
No wonder free software sucks.
>>
yeah seriously, don't go to those awful jobs fairs. Even if you get hired there, it's probably a shit job with the lowest legal pay (or worse, an unpaid internship).

Your best bet is to contribute to opensource, get some blog that you update with your own projects and revelations, and post to github or bitbucket like crazy.
>>
>>51738049

How do I do this? The staff is filled with lazy fucks it would be good to make them do something for me at least once
>>
File: bait.jpg (27 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
27 KB, 600x337
>>51738066
>implying students are any worse than shitskin programmers employed by corporate
>>
Programming isn't dead. Everything that is worthless and shit gets done in India but if you are white there's work for you. You just need to maybe relocate yourself. Did you know that Caucasian programmers are in high demand in Asia. You can live the dream in Japan, if you just learn the language. You already learnt programming languages, why couldn't you learn one language more?
>>
>>51738108

I have a slight fear of leaving America honestly due to ISIS, I don't know how security works in other countries and out here at least most of us have guns
>>
>>51738108
There's big difference between machine languages and human languages.
>>
>>51738222
>I have a slight fear of staying in America honestly due to ISIS
FTFY
>>
>>51738222
Falling for a meme
>>
>>51738108
Good news about japan is that they'll never prefer shitskins. Racism is okay in Japan.
Bad news is they don't like cumskins either.
>>
>>51738108
I've been seeing a shift back towards hiring your own developers in Europe, even if it means you'll pay them an order of magnitude more than you'd pay for Indians. Companies outsource their devepolers to India because it's cheaper on paper, wait for a year or two for the Indians to do something, notice they're shit and hire back the guys they originally outsourced with a 50% higher pay.

Indian monkeys can write code that works somewhat IF you give them exact specifications that tell them exactly what to do. If something is wrong or missing in the spec they won't care. It will come up after someone notices the mistake in testing or even worse after it's in production. Then you'll pray to all the Gods you know that it's easy to fix. A western guy you're paying well is more likely to question something that doesn't seem right before blindly following the specs. Oh and good luck getting the code monkeys to ever fix their spaghetti after someone finds a defect in it.
>>
File: 1447945847825.gif (410 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1447945847825.gif
410 KB, 500x372
>>51738108
>Japan
>looking forward to employ baka gaijin
>>
>>51738451

GO A HOME WHITE UH PIG GOO
>>
>>51737975
>Web development
>>
>>51738099
ironically, student programmers are probably more motivated
>>
all the shitty jobs get outsourced
proper, in demand jobs are still in the West
youre just a code monkey bro
>>
>>51738871

I don't want a career in web development

>>51740105

Code monkey have feelings too. Code monkey just like you.

No but seriously there's a difference between software engineering and code monkey
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.