[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinese smartphones seem to be having the best value for money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: archie-hey-why-not.jpg (368 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
archie-hey-why-not.jpg
368 KB, 473x473
Chinese smartphones seem to be having the best value for money with a difference. Give me reasons I should NOT buy one.
>>
Literal malware botnet shit & they might blow up on you some day.
>>
no quality control whatsoever
>>
>>51737353
>CDMA vs. GSM
>>
>>51737387
Why should I trust agencies and regulations to do that for me when I can do my own digging online? Nowadays there's at least one tear down video as well as independent reviews for every smartphone you can find.

>>51737437
>Implying I'm American
>>
Most of their LTE bands are different so you'd be stuck on 3G and below speeds.

But I am waiting for a note clone with wacom so I can finally rid myself of samshit for good.
>>
I got a Huawei Ascend G7 it was cheap as fuck getting from a carrier and it does everything I want it to. Great battery life, has 4G etc

The only downside is the screen is 720p but it's way more worth it in terms of value compared to a Samsung or something

>inb4 botnets, bad quality, poorfag
>>
>>51737576

Fucking poorfag those things are full botnet and are terrible quality.
>>
>Made in China
>>
>>51737832
>Almost every phone is made in the eastern countries
Your point?
>>
>>51737387
Those are no name brands, as long as you stick to the mainstream popular ones you'll be fine
>>
>>51737832
Just like the iPhone.
>>
>>51737576
Impossible to root.
/thread
>>
>>51739261
There are Chinese phones that ship rooted...
>>
>>51739284
Yeah, but most of them are impossible to root & nobody bothers looking into it because it's a chinkphone. Currently typing from a Huawei G620S, not bad for the price but impossible to unlock bootloader and / or root. Most Huawei phones require a manual bootloader unlock from the company by sending IMEI & ID, others just can't be unlocked altogether.
>>
>>51739331
has MTK root stopped working or something?
>>
>>51739331
I don't really know about Huawei but brands like UMi and Elephone offer great support and make several ROMs available for their devices. Not all Chinese phone companies are the same.
>>
Xiaomi makes the best goddamn phones for the money. MIUI might seem weird at first glance, but it's not bad to use, at all.
>>
>>51737353
No repair pieces
Break after one fart
No software updates at all, not even with modding community, at least with a "flagship" or decent brand phone the community will be there with custom roms way after manufacturer support ended.
>>
>>51739618
You obviously attend wine tastings and sniff buttholes of Fortune 500 CEOs in your free time.
>>
>>51739642

His statement is absolutely correct.
>>
>>51739415
>Muh all in one root app
Despite claims, it doesn't work on most devices, like, entire Hisense H980, H99x and H6xx phones.
>>51739642
No but I can replace my own power button myself, like I just did like a year ago unlike most chinese crap out there.
>>
>>51739675
IDK senpai, I've used Chinkware phones a lot, and unless you're deliberately picking a shitty brand, finding parts isn't really an issue.
>>
>>51739712
How many phones per year you buy?
>>
>>51739665
In theory, he's wrong.

Warranties vary and I really can't vouch for their validity but most distributors I've seen offer a 1 to 2 year warranty. Support isn't bad for the most part, some phones even come out with more than one ROMs supported out of the box or root support.

As of community support, you wouldn't believe how much online following those brands get. Even in my country here's a forum with much discussion about chinaphones and it has thousands of active users. Check out myphone.gr if you want. Support threads are in English.
>>
>>51737387
>>51737461
I don't think you understand how quality control works
>>
File: 1448721593394.gif (578 KB, 299x198) Image search: [Google]
1448721593394.gif
578 KB, 299x198
Posting in epic bread
>>
File: skelly.png (217 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
skelly.png
217 KB, 480x480
>>51739812
>>
>>51739725
3-4, all chink, tbf.
>>
>>51739931
no quality control meaning your 'great value' chink phone might die within 2 months cause no one could be arsed to see if everything was done proper and they just shipped it.

not the anon you responded to btw
>>
I have a xiao mi hong mi 2 and its p great OP

I got it earlier this year while i was in China.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.