[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ I come to you with a problem that I'm not sure what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: LUOWehvo.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
LUOWehvo.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
So /g/ I come to you with a problem that I'm not sure what would be the best answer for, anyway here goes. I just built a brand new gaymen rig. Skylake i7, 16GB DDR4 ram, SSD, the works. For my GPU I went with the MSI GTX980. So far it's awesome, can run everything I throw at it without issue. However, one day last week I realized I never did download the nVidia gaming drivers, I was just using whatever driver Windows picked, and to be honest it worked fine. So I went ahead and downloaded the GeForce Experience and updated. Now that I'm running 359.06 I've noticed my PC occasionally will stutter when I open new windows or videos and what not. I thought this was a little strangfe so after some troubleshooting determined it's the nVidia driver that's causing this. That comes to my question, should I just live with it until nVidia decides to fix their shit or should I uninstall the driver and reinstall at a later time?
>>
File: Speccy 11.21.2015.png (33 KB, 650x418) Image search: [Google]
Speccy 11.21.2015.png
33 KB, 650x418
>>51737215
It's only really annoying if I'm listening to music or if I'm watching a video and doing a bunch of stuff and it lags a couple times and then is good for a bit. Has anyone seen this issue before? Here's my speccy in case you were wondering exact specs.
>>
>>51737215
Windows 10 actually download most of the latests fully tested drivers from windows update, that's why it actually worked fine.
Uninstall nVidia drivers and let windows get the right one for you, they will work better unless there is a new game release.
>>
>>51737302
yeah I was actually playing Rainbow Six without the game day driver for it or whatever and it was working fine. No issue. Fucking nVidia, this shit is annoying, they better fix their shit,.
>>
>W10
there's your problem.
Also get rid of the Experience.
>>
Did you completely uninstall your drivers through windows device manager before you installed the nvidia ones?
>>
>>51737480
No nigga
>>
>>51737480
yeah I know, Win10 sucks. I personally don't even really like it and would go back to Win7 if not for one thing. My job is a sysadmin for one of the utility companies in my state. We have a fairly large environment so we work fairly closely with M$. We are currently life cycling our PKI environment and our M$ rep has been onsite. Anyway, I went to lunch with him the other day and he stated that within the next year or so that M$ would just start auto-upgrading any non Win10 devices. So with that, i got Win10 with my latest build.

>>51737501
I didn't uninstall first, would that be recommended?
>>
File: Speccy.png (43 KB, 795x519) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
43 KB, 795x519
Strange, never had anything like that with my 970. And I really notice stuff like that when they happen. And yes I'm borderline poorfag, plannig on getting a second 850 though, fuck hdds, I want a silent pc and it's pretty silent right now. Btw update your speccy pic, speccy now detects skylake cpu models. I'm also planning on getting a second monitor, or maybe a higher hz one so I can play muh shooters a little smoother.
>>
>>51737537
>and he stated that within the next year or so that M$ would just start auto-upgrading any non Win10 devices
Bull. Shit.
That crap would never roll to anyone, would be technically illegal, and would just end with tons of people downgrading back to W7, blocking all the updates, and living happily ever after. Nerds already found out about their sneaky attempts of installing the spynet crap of 10 into W7 and 8, and those you could easily eliminate already.
>>
>>51737589
90% of the world isn't paedo, so I guess most people wouldn't complain.
>>
>>51737589
Just what he told me anon. It sounds unreal I know, but honestly i could see them doing it.
>>
>>51737589
>would be technically illegal

So what law would they be breaking?

>>51737631
They want to avoid Windows 7 becoming the next XP.
>>
Yep.... Thats how you have to do it now in windows 10 its not guarantee it will fix ur problem, but i was having some minor issues and when i completely uninstalled the old drivers first through device manager under display adapter before installing the new ones it seemed to fix them... Also disconnecting from the net helps too so windows doesnt automatically try to download them again while your installing.
>>
>>51737687
>They want to avoid Windows 7 becoming the next XP.
it already is just that.
Just when people started adapting 7, they already came out with the new, shittier systems that just don't work. Almost every active PC user and gamer favors W7.

Besides, the OPTIONAL, FREE "update" from W7 and 8.1 was supposed to end next summer, after which you were supposed to buy W10 if you really want it. That rumor would mean MS' would be giving up some huge profits.
>>
>>51737698
ok I'll uninstall everything under display adapter and reinstall the drivers, see if that helps, thanks anon.
>>
>>51737698
Just tried that and my issue seems to be resolved. I'm gonna hold off on downloading the latest game day driver. Fucking nvidia...
>>
In the future friend, people who say you should always have the latest drivers are autistic. There is literally no point in updating display drivers unless there is already something wrong, e.g. a new game release not performing, etc.
>>
>>51737946
yeah I think I'll only upgrade unless I need to. That shit was annoying, glad it's fixed though.
>>
>>51737215
How much did you spend?
Jesus.
>>
>>51738433
I got some new monitors too. So after that right around $2K. I got almost everything on sale except my CPU and mobo.
>>
>>51737586
Also my RAID array isn't an SSD. I have no clue why speccy thinks it is. It's just two WD Blues mirrored in RAID1 for backup purposes.
>>
>>51737215

Download Display Driver Uninstaller. Boot in safe mode and remove your drivers with it. Then install the latest drivers from Nvidia. If the problem persists, find an older version and try with it. Should fix it.
>>
>>51737923
>I'm gonna hold off on downloading the latest game day driver. Fucking nvidia...
Are you seriously a retard?
Who the fuck would download BETA drivers for serious gaming use?
>>
>>51739171
Because the stupid Geforce experience thing told me to download them. It gave zero indication that they were beta drivers. I'm new to the Nvidia game. I used to run AMD, are "game day" drivers or whatever a buzzword for beta drivers?
>>
>>51739171
>Who the fuck would download BETA drivers for serious gaming use?
They're not beta drivers, this is a stable, Windows Hardware Quality Labs certified driver. So were the NVidia drivers that killed cards, turned off screens, turned off fans, overvolted cards and so on and so forth.

NVidia seriously need better quality control.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.