[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Domain Registration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: reglogo.gif (16 KB, 382x382) Image search: [Google]
reglogo.gif
16 KB, 382x382
Can we discuss domain registration? Which registrars care about my freedoms? Does whoisguard or equivalent services actually protect my identity? What is the best way to register a domain without compromising my identity?
>>
Gandi and namescheap offer privacy protection. Gandi will keep the domain on your name so it stays yours.
Whois guard helps against identity theft. Not really more or less.
Some domains dont release information about private individuals like .eu (if you're from the EU). But with a good reason the information can be requested.
Same goes for the more expensive .nu and .se (which have no country restrictions)
My own country .nl only gives out names and email addresses of companies and individuals. All other data is hidden except for lawyers. So it's impossible for regular people to get your data.
>>
>>51732972
.se and .nu ask for a passport number though, so I wouldnt recommend them
>>
>>51732404
I think I'm gonna drop my godaddy domain and switch to gandi. They seem to do all the same things, and offer more on top of it, like the default domain privacy that costs a ton with godaddy.

My stupid apeshit country's tld doesn't allow private registration though so I guess I'll have to change my tld too.
>>
Google domains
>>
>>51732404
I'm getting one from iwantmyname.com

They're as cheap as any other, have all the same features (subdomains, nameservers, manual dns) but on top of that you get private registration AND dyndns. Why the fuck are these guys not the single most popular registrar? They fucking rock
>>
>2015
>not registering a domain with fake information with godaddy so you dont have to pay the extortion cost of private reg
>can even use paypal to pay for your domain
>nobody gets your real info

I had a domain with godaddy for 10 years. my registration info was fake. only thing real was my email addy. paid thru paypal. they, nor icann gave a fuck as long as they got their shekels every month for my hosting account and their yearly shekels for the renewal of the domain. not sure if they verify people nowadays as this was years ago. but it was funny when I whoised my own domain and saw the glorius public info that was totally bogus and knowing no dumbshit would ever have my real name or address and I didnt have to pay the ridiculous charge of private reg.
>>
Is there any way to get a free domain name? At all?
>>
>>51736163
Onion domains are free and there are places that offer free subdomains.
>>
>>51736189
>onion domains
What if I'm not a paedo?
>>
>>51736210
you use freedns.
>>
>>51736349
>implying freedns can keep itself afloat with its revenue strategy
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.