[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MEGA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.png (20 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
20 KB, 170x170
Why does MEGA use that weird HTML5 system for file downloads? What are the benefits compared to normal file downloads?
>>
if you lose connection during transfer, you wont lose the download
>>
>>51731448
Why haven't all browsers implemented incomplete-download resumption like wget?
>>
>>51731437
Because you are supposed to be downloading an encrypted file that Mega decrypts on client side in js. Having said that js crypto is broken, but at least it allows secure 3rd party mega clients.
>>
>>51731548
They did.
>>
>>51731642
Is the security somehow more robust than a regular file download using HTTPS?
>>
>>51731715
In theory it has a stronger threat model: you don't need to trust the Mega servers either. With regular HTTPS you just encrypt the communication and you still trust the servers for not looking into your files.

In practice you download the encryption handling js with regular HTTPS which makes this all moot. It's not entirely their fault though, there is no way right now that they could use verified and audited js code.
>>
>>51731715
The point of Mega is that the sever can't see the unecrypted file.
>>
>>51731548
opera's always had it. long live presto.
>>
>>51731769
That sounds dangerous, what if terrorists or pedophiles do things that the government can't look at?
>>
>>51731809
Oh no!
>>
>>51731809
Fuck off.
>>
File: pedofukkenbear.png (185 KB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
pedofukkenbear.png
185 KB, 1448x2048
>>51732135
i smell something here
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.