[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this showing up? I don't want Windows 10, and I will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: I never asked for this.png (191 KB, 816x531) Image search: [Google]
I never asked for this.png
191 KB, 816x531
Why is this showing up? I don't want Windows 10, and I will never get Windows 10. It sounds like it's already getting ready to install it next time I boot the PC. How do I stop this nonsense?
>>
>>51725568
Uninstall the update that added it. If you ran every windows update on your 7/8 box you already have telemetry now anyway, may as well upgrade.
>>
>>51725568
>2015
>he still hasn't even tried Lehnuks

These people post on /g/ every day.
>>
Upgrade to Vista. Why is it called an upgrade? Because it has no botnet and these shitty ads.
>>
>>51725568
we're sorry, it appears that you have left automatic updates enabled in windows. by putting control of your computer in the hands of someone else, you will need to trust that what they do is for your best interests. in that case, enjoy your new windows 10 experience, it's free!
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>51725568

it's showing up because you chose it to

i have a fully updates windows and i don't have such nagware

tl;dr l2pc you idiot
>>
File: ss (2015-12-07 at 12.36.53).jpg (97 KB, 1104x880) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-07 at 12.36.53).jpg
97 KB, 1104x880
On the flip side, I want Windows 10 to update to the latest version but it won't fucking do it and I swear I've tried every single thing under the sun to try and fix it.

You're right not to bother OP.
>>
windows 10 is mandatory now! it makes spying for them easier and more convenient :)
>>
>>51726296
Download the windows 10 upgrade tool from MS website and try installing the new version with that.
>>
>>51726399
egh that means practically reinstalling the whole os though right? And I think they pulled it from the upgrade tool anyway/

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-has-pulled-the-windows-10-november-update-from-windows-update
>>
>>51726430
Nope, it did the same thing as the windows update version does
Also they now released a fixed version, but seem to be still distributing the broken one with WU
>>
>>51726446
I'll give it a try then thanks man, considering I've had this problem for a month.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

It's just the top "Upgrade Now" button here right?
>>
>>51726468
I think so
>>
>>51725777
lucky 7s checked. Vista is god tier.
>>
>>51726504
Cheers!
>>
>>51725568
Google for:
voat aegis
Some guy is maintaining a script that uninstalls, and hides updates for 7/8 that have to do with upgrading and/or telemetry.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.