[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just threw out my shitty desk chair and rearranged things so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1413366030818.jpg (68 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1413366030818.jpg
68 KB, 550x413
I just threw out my shitty desk chair and rearranged things so I can stand. But...i'm overweight-putting extra stress on my joints and heart. Should I try this standing desk business for a while or is it going to backfire?
>>
>>51720392

>>>/fit/

Get or make a treadmill desk. If you just stand, know that you'll have to sit now and then to avoid long term damage; varicose veins and so forth. If sitting, get up from your chair every thirty minutes and walk around.
>>
>>51720392
>know that you'll have to sit now and then to avoid long term damage

what if I just move around instead? what if I pretend im a dj and bounce and dance around? I also like to shadow kung-fu
>>
>>51720392
You would just trade ass pain and hemorrhoids for leg pain and varicose veins.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/10/14/sitting-for-long-periods-doesnt-make-death-more-imminent-study-suggests/
>>
>>51720726
wizardbro?
>>
File: 1431208297131.png (564 KB, 616x234) Image search: [Google]
1431208297131.png
564 KB, 616x234
How do you stand without placing too much pressure on your wrist? Your arms can't just hang in the air for that long eventually you will be resting them on something. While sitting you have the chair's arms for this so that when positioned correctly, your strong forearms rest on the armrest with your wrists/palms hanging freely. Wrist rests don't work. They provide a little temporary relief but long term is the same problem.

I think the only real solution is to have multiple setups. Standing, sitting AND laying down -- all three. Each will fatigue you uniquely and each position provides relief to fatigue from one of the other.
>>
File: 8194277_orig.jpg (48 KB, 527x463) Image search: [Google]
8194277_orig.jpg
48 KB, 527x463
>he fell for the standing desk meme
enjoy leg pain faggot

pic is how radiologists work, it's the only correct way.
>>
>>51722685
>meme

my legs and feet already hurt but my asshole feels 200 times better. get fucked kek
>>
File: 1372576717454.gif (39 KB, 138x300) Image search: [Google]
1372576717454.gif
39 KB, 138x300
>>51722685
laying down gets uncomfortable too particularly in the neck area and it's impossible to control a mouse like that you need a trackball and it's awkward but yeah, it's the most comfy
>>
>>51722860
I used a mouse like that, make it hang from the cable in the right position for your hand and its totally ok. the cable should be fixed to the desk about 7cm above your hand
>>
>>51722736
If your asshole protrudes so far out that sitting causes pain you should probably try suing your father for all that kiddy buttsex that has ruined your anus. You can use the money to get it fixed.
>>
>>51722736
Wait why does your asshole hurt? You're just sitting down, do you mean like your ass as a whole or do you literally mean your asshole?
>>
I sit on a fucking wood chair. Because of it I have an internal hemorrhoid. Too poor to buy a real chair.
>>
>>51724128
Sit on a pillow or somerhing soft then......
>>
>>51720392
this is such a sad way to die.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.