[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Edge worth using yet? I'm tired of Chrome and Firefox.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: microsoft-edge-browser.jpg (56 KB, 800x455) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-edge-browser.jpg
56 KB, 800x455
Is Edge worth using yet?

I'm tired of Chrome and Firefox.
>>
Yeah its pretty great
>>
No ad blocking, no extensions. Why would it be worth it
>>
No.
>tired of firefox and chrome?
huh
>>
> Tired of Chrome and Firefox

Are you also tired of living?
>>
>>51719648
>No ad blocking
Way to not support the web
>>
I guess it's pretty good if you like the botnet.
>>
>>51719598
I'll give a try once they add API support for add-ons. It's delayed, but they're still promising it sometime next year.

Also, they've just announced they're open sourcing the ChakraCore.
>>
>>51719598
Wait till 2016 for the big update that will give it extensions. Until then, not yet.
>>
>>51719700
Here is your reply.
>>
>>51719598
if it had extensions I'd say yes.

Its super light weight and is surprisingly responsive
>>
>>51719598
Why would you ever support Microsoft by using their products, after they have openly spied on people with their latest OS?

You teenagers amaze me sometimes.
>>
No webms or extensions yet, so no.
>>
when do we get Edge for GNU/Linux?
>>
>>51719886
>spied
they are tracking what is and isn't being used in the OS to better improve the experience.
>>
>>51719744
I thought they said it'd get updated with extention support in the fall. What happened?
>>
>>51719922
install this for webms
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/webmmf/
You should be using an external media player to view any sort of video files regardless...

What extensions are so important for you to use that a browser can't do natively? Really I'm curious. Most browser extensions I see people use are useless shit that can be done natively. That or it's autistic tweaking that isn't really necessary such as ricing.
>>
>>51719962
>your mailman sits next to you as you open your mail, and observes what you read, and what you discard right away
>this is done to improve mail delivery service

>thinking that this is ok
>>
>>51720029
>thinking it works like that
okay tinfoil hat, use your Linux and stop trying to pedal your strawman that the boogyman is out to get everyone.
>>
>>51719996
>You should be using an external media player to view any sort of video files regardless...
No I shouldn't.
Who the fuck are you to try and decide something like that for me?
>>
>>51720081
Avoiding the topic and using insults instead. Classic move, Anon.
>>
>>51719598
If you don't mind using a browser that doesn't support features that were present in all modern browsers since 2008, yes.
>>
Why would anyone use a proprietary browser that you have to pay to use?
>>
>>51719700
>"web developer" detected
nobody is impressed that you know how to steal a bootstrap template you fucking currynigger
>>51721132
but windows 10 is FRREEE XDDDD
>>
>>51719598
Isn't it only for Windows 10? I don't think anyone here over 12 uses that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
>>51719598
>>51719620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>51721088
Derrka derrka
Ive been using edge on my windows tablet, and its fucking good.
Still use ff on my Linux/win7 desktop though...
>>
So what's the best browser? I don't like how chrome can't do multiple rows of tabs.
>>
>>51719975

It's software development. They fell behind schedule because every project falls behind schedule.
>>
As someone who works with testing stuff on different platforms and different browsers - no, Edge is not worth it. It's incompatible with too much stuff, and the layout is weird.
>>
>>51722073
Chrome
>>
File: 1445674752076.jpg (4 MB, 6192x3416) Image search: [Google]
1445674752076.jpg
4 MB, 6192x3416
>>51719598

>ITT: FUCKING INDIANS
WHEN WILL INDIANS LEAVE MY BOARD AND NEVR COME BACK??!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.