[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No signal to monitor, I have tried using onboard graphics, switching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ijustneedaworkingcomputer.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
ijustneedaworkingcomputer.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
No signal to monitor, I have tried using onboard graphics, switching video cards, switching cables nothing is working. What could be causing this?
>>
>>51719082
First, are you sure you have an iGPU? I can't quite see it, but that looks like an AMD cooler and many AMD chips don't have one.

Second, many motherboards have an option to force initial video output onto either the iGPU or the PCI-E one. If you've changed it in the past to PCI-E, you may need to reset the CMOS to return to the iGPU.

Finally- please tell me you aren't using molex->PCI-E connectors for GPU power?! Surely a 600W PSU will have enough real PCI-E power connectors.
>>
>>51719214
Yes I am sure I have an iGPU, for I have used it in the past. And forgive me about the molex connectors, I am not too knowledgeable on the subject of computers.
>>
>>51719429
Have you tried without any video card inserted? Are you sure the monitor itself is good?
>>
>>51719082
Why the hell is your video card sagging to hell like that?!
>>
>>51719214

>Finally- please tell me you aren't using molex->PCI-E connectors for GPU power?!

It sure looks like it. Depending on which gpu that is its a good thing that that is a good psu. A lesser psu would explode using molex for gpu.
>>
nigga, why are you using molex adapters?
also, you made this thread already like yesterday.

you have that shit plugged in correctly right? you're not using the mobos hdmi/dp/vga ports right?
>>
>>51720184
This is my first thread on /g/ actually, and I have double checked everything is plugged in correctly.
>>
>>51720298

>correctly
>using molex

No anon, just no. Your system is doing you a favour by not booting - thosem olex adapters are not built to handle the amperage.
>>
zzzz 4pin cpu connector
>>
>>51720336
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to take out the molex, but I still don't know why my computer isn't booting up.
>>
>>51720298
yoou are not providing nearly enough info but most people here won't be willing to help you either way since this board is not for tech support.

i mean, is this thing new? did you upgrade? did it work before and suddenly isn't? does the pc post?

depending on the answer my hint would be check if boot priority is set to pcie in bios. turn off the igpu while you're at it.
>>
>>51720374

Take a picture where we can goddamn see anon. Also: if the gpu isn't getting enough power it can (and will) prevent a system from booting.
>>
>>51719082
What case is that?
>>
>>51720402
also get rid of those useless molex adapters in there, check the psu manual and put the gpu on a seperate rail if available.

make sure the monitor isn't busted either by using the igpu or a console or laptop as well.

same for the gpu if it's new, give it to a friend to test in their pc.
>>
Hi this is the automated /g/ troubleshooting aid.
Please answer yes/no and we'll give you a set of instructions to solve your problem.

Q1: Are you running gentoo?
>>
>>51720525
Y
>>
>>51720363
THIS

I remember first getting into computers trashed a motherboard because I thought it was a lemon. I didnt plug the 4 pin connector in.

rip mon-e
>>
>>51720402
I upgraded to a new motherboard only to realize that one of the pins were bent so I put my old board in, and now my monitor doesn't receive a signal.
>>
>>51720627
You killed the board
>>
do the gpu fans spin when powered on?

flash your bios, perhaps your old bios does not support your current gpu. You should research this before actually trying it
>>
Could you take a better picture from a head on angle?
>>
>>51720627
i bet it's the mobo stand-offs then. it's always the stand-offs.
>>
>>51720569
You have chosen:

Y

In which case, you would already know how to solve the problem. Thank you for using the automated /g/ troubleshooting aid. Please have a nice day.
>>
File: nomolex.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
nomolex.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
Pls no bully
>>
Plug the gpu back in using the pcie connectors.
>>
>>51721045

I have the same problem, maybe this solution will work for you..

Unplug power cord, hold power button for 30 seconds to a minute.

Connect and see what up nigga.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.